Eden elite.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Light wtf have you done to healing circle? Whoever was moaning earlier was right... I was hitting 80s in RedCave before reboot.. Now with 15+ more sc ( got a new shield and stone ) i can't even hit 70s.. ( max luck hit ).. Revert it.. Server in a worst state than ever now.. 45s leveling X5 faster than level 30s.. Legit as **** this is.. Should i even bother carry on wasting my time?

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
No , you shouldn’t keep wasting your time

Servers balance is completely off whack , exactly the same problems it had when it was last live

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I have been trying to balance things out, and making alterations, in game I'd say HC is ok.

That's nothing to do with people leveling.
It's a lose;lose situation there I am afraid.

You nerf the way overtuned EXP caves (turtle and RC) and you get people complaining they cant catch up.
You dont change them then the higher levels keep advancing.

I have been on the team for close to 30 hours. I can't just go trigger happy with everything as it can annoy a lot of people (i know you will always annoy some)

Its a lot harder balancing a server you come into when you dont know what the class power curves are supposed to be.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Could of simply put a soft cap at 55 ( highest lvl ingame ) left exp, let people catch up then revised the full EXP table to make it harder after 55.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Not my server to make that call, I changed exp tables but not by much, I will see if Icey wants to do it.

Like I said I dont want to make huge changes as at the end of the day it isnt my server.

EDIT
The problem with putting a soft cap in place (IMO) there is no fun 'end game' content to be doing to actually keep people who hit the cap to stay.

wxypk2009

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jan 15, 2017
Not my server to make that call, I changed exp tables but not by much, I will see if Icey wants to do it.

Like I said I dont want to make huge changes as at the end of the day it isnt my server.

EDIT
The problem with putting a soft cap in place (IMO) there is no fun 'end game' content to be doing to actually keep people who hit the cap to stay.
Your own server, it hasn't been heard from your server for a long time

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
In my opinion, and I have stated it so many times ingame its even beginning to annoy me - the server is completely unbalanced at lower levels.

I can only level with any speed by doing the ore quest in the mines...nowhere else offers anywhere near the pace/rewards of doing that quest.

If i can make a million gold, and a couple of levels in a couple of hours by doing that...I'm not going to trade it to go into other caves with next to no exp and no rewards.

Changes seem to be made at a rapid pace which is positive in some regards but in other regard it can prove counter productive.

I've made it to 26, and have decent kit for my level but until more appropriate content comes along in line with what I can achieve via quests then I will be mostly sticking away.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Yeah the issue the server is in at the moment is; the whole they had it so I should have it problem; which I understand.

If someone had an easy route to 30 via repeatable quests, new players will feel robbed by losing that.
It seems as if various things missed being tested (or reported) and it has left a gaping hole in being able to balance
(it's also a huge struggle with nearly all gear later on being able to get + stats from levels - peoples stats are all over the place)

Also apparently a second teleport ring was dropped last night ,despite me removing it from drop files - so not sure what has happened here...; Wouldn't have the 'OP' rings in any server; ever. they are horrendous.

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Special rings need removing, also HC is OP again, needs looking into. Would like to know how moha got the tel ring then if was defo removed.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I hope it's not but it doesn't look great considering Teleport Rings were removed from drop files as far as I can see.

They are saying a monster dropped it that it doesn't have it in the drop files as I removed it from them all...
Need to speak to the other GMs and see what has went down.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Did you restart the server since removing them?

As reloading the drops only effects fresh spawns after that time. (not mobs that are already there)

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Well this just got more interesting then:)

If your sure the 'mob' they say dropped it doesnt have it in the drop file then there is only one way they could have obtained it. Doesn't take a genius to work it out.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
If tele rings are being removed delete them from players, make it fair..

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
To be honest, sounds like the server needs a wipe, re-balance and re-launch.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
To be honest, sounds like the server needs a wipe, re-balance and re-launch.

100% would agree with this, too much was changed so quickly after launch, it feels very untested;
I mean this should have really been its beta test and stuff to be revised.

Again it's down to @IceMan but I would recommend it, the only issue is I am not sure who would come back, as I am sure it would be a re-re-launch?

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
tbh server does need a relaunch, its all too easy after 40+, for me its like the server has switched around... Dead hard to level 0-40, after that np 40-55+ can do so easily....

im a 31 wiz barely making a level every few hours whereas a 50 wiz got to 57 in 2/3 days... lol and the war i play (diligence) done 20% in 20-30mins whereas on a noob char takes me near 45mins to do 20% mass killing in AWT (best exp place for noobs).. aint gnna waste life on that.

Bosses too easy, i can solo nearly every boss in game on Dill except the obvious ones (WingTigerLord probs can solo with 300+ suns tbh), Evil mir, Swamp and fox... rest i can solo unless theres other bosses i dont know of.. and with the -re-relaunch its just effort doing it all over again lol... im shocked the server went live even with so many bugs/flaws, heck even atlantis mir wasnt as bad..

i'd love to see a relaunch though IF done properly, IF bosses are revamped, looked at... as a 43 war can solo everything... or 40..

Last edited:

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Rewipe , rebalance , relaunch

im sure V3.0 will fare loads better than the previous 2 versions that have been “rebuilt” in 4 months of each other