Help Encrypting my client

Xzanidu

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 20, 2019
Hi so im pretty new to all this and im basicly just running a small server for about 10-15 friends of mine . but i want them to figure my server out learn wheer things drop learn what respawn timers are ect ect . so normally ppl just download a servers client and then run that client on their one server exe to read the files and find out all this information. i am wondering is there a way to encrypt your client so they cant run it on a server exe locally to get all the info they want ?

Xzanidu

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 20, 2019
I'd question them being friends if you can't trust that they don't look in to your drop files when you ask them not to
HaHa yeh they actually asked me to look into it beacuse the temptation would be to high :-P

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Customise the drop files, then they wont be the same as the public source.
Zircon works different to crystal Jev. All library data is stored in the client for anyone to access.

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Its just how zircon works. You'd be rewriting the whole system from scratch to do it differently i expect.

Reactions: Jev
Upvote 0

Xzanidu

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 20, 2019
I can encrypt zircon dbs, contact me in pm for talk about the price.
not realy the responce i wanted . if i wanted a coder to do stuff fair enough but some simple advice on how to encrypt the db nar not paying for that but thx for the offer .

Upvote 0

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Shark circling around the community of working fish to pray on them shamelessly, rip for free, sell dear...

I mean...those fish you could probably count on a single hand, he's just 1 shark among a good 200 odd sharks lol.
Oh that's crap. Anyway to have that changed? or is it just unpractical.

I believe the intention was to make the client smoother and more responsive, minimising how much was being loaded from the server side. The instanced player drop may also have had something to do with it.

• Carrot
Reactions: Far and Jev
Upvote 0