Euro Mir History

knives

100% Hyphonix
Golden Oldie
Aug 3, 2004
I remember the rest patch, shortly after they had to tweak it because it was op as fk lol

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: stonecold316

Nostalgic

LOMCN Member
May 19, 2020
Dragon was in beta since April 2001 I think, then probably still in spring went live and because it filled up fast during the summer (I think several hundred pple? like 300 or 400?), GN opened a second, Phoenix server early in September 2001

I believe I joined Phoenix on September 14 2001, maybe in its first week, after I heard about it on another online game Red Moon, also Korean game, my first ever online game (RM was too fast paced game for my taste and mir I was told was more like an RPG where you could doodle if that was your way.

RM was always like standing on your tip toes when you left SZ and if you died by PK or mobs, you totally dropped everything and spawned naked in SZ and had to make naked run to the nearest bank storage or directly to the place where you went down if your stuff was still there, was too harsh, give me mir any day LOL.

Not sure if mir was free to play till level 7 (later maybe raised to lev20?) and if that was when GN started with mir2 in 2001 or if it was later when it was hosted in US, can't recall the name of the co. now

Do you have more details on this game 'Red Moon'? Screenshots, web link archives, etc?

knives

100% Hyphonix
Golden Oldie
Aug 3, 2004
Any one know what happened to gadget after he went of to make his own game under the brand c5software??

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
I remember the rest patch, shortly after they had to tweak it because it was op as fk lol

The spider patch was madness. Was like a high rate server spawn rate in there. Running it on 56k dial up made it even more interesting. Was like running with lead shoes on 😂

• Haha

knives

100% Hyphonix
Golden Oldie
Aug 3, 2004
The spider patch was madness. Was like a high rate server spawn rate in there. Running it on 56k dial up made it even more interesting. Was like running with lead shoes on
2 step stop 2 step stop remember it well

• Haha

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
2 step stop 2 step stop remember it well

Was always fun in a guild hunt, one person would be ahead getting attacked by pack off mobs, and you run stop run stop to try help them. And spider patch was hard when it first came out, like they hadn't tested it hard.

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
I remember the game called Red Moon, you could get up to like level 150 or something and some levelling place with tyres. Remember that game quite well, had guns.

I also played mir around 2001. I do unfortunately remember creating new characters as I didn't know how to get my character off red even afrer I left it several nights in a row in PK ville. Must of had very high pk points

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
oh the fun of playing mir on dial up lol , using wannado or AOL lol , you couldn't do a massive hunt to places like the back end of pb caves or even finish your run to evil mir , without having to disconnect and reconnect , meaning you had to do the whole run all over again lol
56k dial up…remember it too well, couldn’t run smoothly either back then was like 2 step lag. BUT I still played and loved it.

Literally still battled last 8 years with a shoddy 15-30 speed from sky because of no room in the box down the street, but had the long awaited news 3 days ago I can finally upgrade to Ultra plus with a supposedly guaranteed 500mb speed which is literally insane….2nd august and cannot wait 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Love

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
I was too young to play back then but my brothers were playing Dragon server well back in 2001.

Char names:

DJTiesto
Arpo
Koopa
I remember DJ

Used to loiter around with that lot with Lattina, Breezer, DarkOdin, Godfather, Gatecrasher, Slaughtess, GoGoShelly, joe91

I remember all these names :O I was in Apex and Templar Knights, character name was Merit, Definitely remember Koopa

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I remember all these names :O I was in Apex and Templar Knights, character name was Merit, Definitely remember Koopa

My older brother was Koopa, you would have seen him hang around with GoGoShelly because they ended up getting married

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: Hakmed

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
we a good when koopa drop his dss while going by bw storage :P i got rich on that!

Reactions: Jev

Hakmed

Banned
Banned
May 10, 2021
Who remembers XenTao? This dude needed an intervention and he lead Retribution. He was hilarious in his hissy fits including booting me when I said spammed his guild chat with wild imaginations.

Prajna Island was classic for scrapping with others although Bichon Province was good place to sit and chit chat.

There was a noob called Dontgetmemad who vented out so much in Bichon Province and I once got him a ban for his abusive behaviour in Tao Village.