Euro Mir History

smoochy boys on tour

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
I remember the old man NPC in WW going wrong and continually belching out items. There were constant streams of people running from Bichon.
It was all lowbie stuff but it added up into decent gold.

These player numbers of between 2500 and 5000 seem a bit over the top.
5000 x £7 x 12 = £420k a year. I think even GN could have made a better job of it if they earnt that much a year.

FloppyQ

LOMCN Member
May 12, 2020
210 MB lmao...
These player numbers of between 2500 and 5000 seem a bit over the top.
5000 x £7 x 12 = £420k a year. I think even GN could have made a better job of it if they earnt that much a year.
Game network had a shareholder report where they explained that their revenue had dropped - It circulated as a possible end for Mir II.

From what i recall they were making over 1m per annum.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Spent a good part of late 2001 listening to that sweet sweet AoL connection tune every 2 hours or when somebody needed the phone :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Sanjian and Breezer

Reverance

Final Heaven
Supporter
Veteran
May 25, 2013
Scotland
I was hanging out with anyone I could in Prajna Island

I asked OO1 if he needed a wheelchair and he said it was comfortable.

Lickmeballs4 told me to run and I didn't.

Don't know how many times I had to ban OO1 from the forums :D
Post automatically merged:

210 MB lmao...

Game network had a shareholder report where they explained that their revenue had dropped - It circulated as a possible end for Mir II.

From what i recall they were making over 1m per annum.

Big enough that it was quicker for a lot of people to buy the disc they sent out.

Iirc their was a PC magazine that came with it as well.

CrazyMike

LOMCN n00bie
Dec 14, 2012
Somwhere on a terribly corroded cd I have the original client that took days to download. Started like first day or so of beta. Will have a dig

edit.. After a quick dig found a HD from a 2007 rebuild. Copy of original Mir Manual i downloaded 4th june 2001. Had the original spitting spider which is cute lol

edit2.. Found what i think is the version 1 launcher. Saved it from certain death and tested, its still working. File date 10 July 2001

Attachments

• mirexe.png
    mirexe.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

knives

100% Hyphonix
Golden Oldie
Aug 3, 2004
Anyone remember splash plastic..... was the only way I could pay the subscription lol

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
I started playing when you could only get up to level 7 without a subscription, had to convince my parents to pay the £6.35 a month for the game. I got kicked out of plenty of guilds because I was a clueless child. Fun times.

• Haha
Reactions: Nostalgic

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Anyone remember splash plastic..... was the only way I could pay the subscription lol

I remember saving up some of my lunch money each week, then going down to the co-op to top up my SplashPlastic. O_O

I started playing when you could only get up to level 7 without a subscription, had to convince my parents to pay the £6.35 a month for the game. I got kicked out of plenty of guilds because I was a clueless child. Fun times.
Indeed, level 7 was abit harsh :D

On euro mir even GM's needed a subscription to login on an over 7/20 xD

stonecold316

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2009
oh the fun of playing mir on dial up lol , using wannado or AOL lol , you couldn't do a massive hunt to places like the back end of pb caves or even finish your run to evil mir , without having to disconnect and reconnect , meaning you had to do the whole run all over again lol

knives

100% Hyphonix
Golden Oldie
Aug 3, 2004
oh the fun of playing mir on dial up lol , using wannado or AOL lol , you couldn't do a massive hunt to places like the back end of pb caves or even finish your run to evil mir , without having to disconnect and reconnect , meaning you had to do the whole run all over again lol
Line one after midnight til 8nam for free internet

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Was AOL not the creepy one where when you took their email service with it kept giving you an audio queue when you get a message of "You Got Company!".. Scared the sht out of me everytime I was playing horror games or trying to kill a boss before someone walked in lol

stonecold316

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2009
Was AOL not the creepy one where when you took their email service with it kept giving you an audio queue when you get a message of "You Got Company!".. Scared the sht out of me everytime I was playing horror games or trying to kill a boss before someone walked in lol
yeah thats the one lol

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
I remember hearing my older brother shout across the house because my parents picked the landline up disconnecting him from Mir 🤣
I was lucky back in the Isle of man, I paid separately for my own line into my room, and kept phone number private, so my 56k dial up never got knocked off. Only time it ever felt laggy was in spider patch and running rme floors, that place used to be jam packed with mobs.