Euro Mir (P2P?)

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Having a debate with two guys that are saying euro was always free to play?
When I started I remember it giving me a trial to play up to level 21 then I had to pay like 6 quid a month to play, the site was like Gnonline.net i think something along those lines? maybe I'm just getting old and senile but I definitely remember paying

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I believe there was either a seven day free period or level 21, whichever came first. Or it might have been 7 days first and was changed to lev 21 later on, because no one got that high level in just seven days?

Also it was different with GNetwork based in Italy, Milan, which ran mir first and than when it ended, mir was picked up by that second co. that hosted it from US I think and which went F2P not long after start.

At the start with this new owner, it labored with new GUI, those HP/MP phaluses LOL, also tried to improve movement in game which resulted in you being slingshoted several steps back every time you tried to run, they backpedaled on that one, the phaluses I believe stayed. 👀

Reactions: Pusha

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
I believe there was either a seven day free period or level 21, whichever came first. Or it might have been 7 days first and was changed to lev 21 later on, because no one got that high level in just seven days?

Also it was different with GNetwork based in Italy, Milan, which ran mir first and than when it ended, mir was picked up by that second co. that hosted it from US I think and which went F2P not long after start.

At the start with this new owner, it labored with new GUI, those HP/MP phaluses LOL, also tried to improve movement in game which resulted in you being slingshoted several steps back every time you tried to run, they backpedaled on that one, the phaluses I believe stayed. 👀
It was 2/3 company to host the Euro mir. The only time it was hosted in the usa was Mir 2 usa after euro ended.

Last edited:

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
In the early days it was free to play up to level 7, soon as you turned level 8 you'd need a subscription. They later increased the free play level to 20.

Euro was never free to play, there was always a £6.50 ish monthly charge.

USA was Free to play but with the GameShop.

Who was you on Phoenix? :)

Reactions: Pusha

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
sorry but the later days of euro where free bud.

Netskee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 17, 2013
Loughborough, UK
I remember euro going free when they knew it was closing down. Iirc gm's really took the piss spawning loads of mobs in bw Town causing huge lag across the server. Was unplayable

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
I remember euro going free when they knew it was closing down. Iirc gm's really took the piss spawning loads of mobs in bw Town causing huge lag across the server. Was unplayable
That wasnt the official GM's, the GM login passwords had been in players hands for years... but soon as they said their gonna close down well people leaked them public, so everyone could go on and spawn mobs.. and crash the server :X
Post automatically merged:

was longer then that mate, we played till the end.
Two months even

Attachments

• mir.png
    mir.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Netskee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 17, 2013
Loughborough, UK
That wasnt the official GM's, the GM login passwords had been in players hands for years... but soon as they said their gonna close down well people leaked them public, so everyone could go on and spawn mobs.. and crash the server :X
Post automatically merged:

Two months even
Oh really? Well that sucks lol. I had quit before it went free to play at the end but logged in just Coz I could and saw what was going on n just shrugged it off as them havin a laugh..

U said u played p server, who were u?

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Going to the local shop and topping up a Splash Plastic card just to pay the monthly sub for Mir, who could forget that

Reactions: Pusha and Netskee

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
From Phoenix server.
41 Warrior

I recall this char name on Phoenix but thought it was more like Kayuza, also warrior.

The only time I had anything to do with him was at the time when there was some update and for a day or so, shops were selling DSS. Kayuza saw me in Mongchon at the storage npc and threw down DSS in front of me as an offer, seeing that I had mace. I didn't take up the offer, not only because we both knew there will be rewind but because even if there wasn't, there was no point in game if you didn't have to work for items.

Some would call that idealistic or stupid but anyway, that's how it was.

Reverance

Final Heaven
Supporter
Veteran
May 25, 2013
Scotland
Free until Level 11 I believe on Euro, after which you could still login but it would instantly lag out.

Good old Splash Plastic days.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Used to have free storage accounts 😂 I’m sure they were in the 20’s had tele rings on them etc

FloppyQ

LOMCN Member
May 12, 2020
Free until Level 11 I believe on Euro, after which you could still login but it would instantly lag out.

Good old Splash Plastic days.
level 7, then later upgraded to 20.

Euro Mir was always pay to play, USA was always free to play. Neither changed. I don't think we can count a game shutting down and having a couple of free months as "changing to a free to play model"

Rogun1989

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 13, 2018
What happened to the creators, are they not interested in trying to bring back legend of mir as a whole?

Theirs still an audience for it surely?

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
The player base that would still play such a dated game, would not be that high. Mix that with the fact it's had 2x previous failures for Western releases. Whether this is down to contract negotiations from WeMade not willing to let Publishers do anything to the game, or bad game design changes (Such as the UI and movement in the GamesPot version), it will certainly not have any money in it lol.