EuroReborn (Custom Crystal)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Its half the fun when you have a boss is shitting yourself, that some over levelled dick head is going to come in and 1 shot you and take your boss xD

that is everything i despise about this game and i have taken measures to remove it.

pk/pvp is a part of the game and i dont want it punished like the old days and i may adjust it to + or - 7 levels as 5 is a bit close.

im going to move the guild warring onto the Guild home page like zircon if i can later today. chances are if your in a KR, your gonna be in a guild, if you want the boss war the guild then kill them.

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
that is everything i despise about this game and i have taken measures to remove it.

pk/pvp is a part of the game and i dont want it punished like the old days and i may adjust it to + or - 7 levels as 5 is a bit close.

im going to move the guild warring onto the Guild home page like zircon if i can later today. chances are if your in a KR, your gonna be in a guild, if you want the boss war the guild then kill them.
Thats kinda sorting it but what if someone isnt in a guild or people purposely dont guild for that exact reason?
Post automatically merged:

Maybe make every kr a fightzone? And unable to go back out the door once entered at least then ppl cant be pricks and jump ppl while they wanna level but boss can still be fought over i dont feel like not being able to fight for a boss unless your guilded is a good idea

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
the buffs from guilds will be too good to not want to have a guild....

but i will test to see if i can make KR's fight rooms see how that plays out, then just change it so you can kill anyone in a fight room regardless of level

Reactions: MonoxideLenny

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Fight rooms have always been body drops disabled, will this be the case still?

Also in regards to the gaining and losing points in PK/PvP, having lots of points in some cases doesn't mean you are a good PvPer, it could just be that the difference in kit means they can beat most people with relative ease. I'd rather the point system wasn't something to show what you can do PvP wise and was just made as a usable currency, similar to honor points on WoW. Having simple things to purchase, such as pots, rts and so on.

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014

Also in regards to the gaining and losing points in PK/PvP, having lots of points in some cases doesn't mean you are a good PvPer, it could just be that the difference in kit means they can beat most people with relative ease. I'd rather the point system wasn't something to show what you can do PvP wise and was just made as a usable currency, similar to honor points on WoW. Having simple things to purchase, such as pots, rts and so on.
Id be fully on board with fightzones being no drop least ppl would wear there best kit to a boss and would have the added thing of trying to drop enemy guild players on the way to the boss room

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex

no, boss rooms will still have bodydrops, if you risk fighting you risk dropping. dont want to drop, or cant win, de/tt

ive seen planty of undergeared players pk better than well geared people, imo gear does not = good pvp skills

the object of the points system at this time is purely cosmetic. untill i think of a way to reward it without it being abused.

Things that are now completed, BossRooms will ignore the PK Protection of +- 7 levels the same as being at war or in a conquest.

You can war with any guild at any time in any location so long as you already have the guild funds in place. I just need to tidy up the GUI for it

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
no, boss rooms will still have bodydrops, if you risk fighting you risk dropping. dont want to drop, or cant win, de/tt

ive seen planty of undergeared players pk better than well geared people, imo gear does not = good pvp skills

the object of the points system at this time is purely cosmetic. untill i think of a way to reward it without it being abused.

Things that are now completed, BossRooms will ignore the PK Protection of +- 7 levels the same as being at war or in a conquest.

You can war with any guild at any time in any location so long as you already have the guild funds in place. I just need to tidy up the GUI for it

You sir are a beast keep it up i cant wait to play man!!!!

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Not sure if mentioned...

Great concept about not being able to attack players who are a certain level below you, however... Drop jumping.
Level 35 enters a KR just as the boss dies and jumps on the Legendary DSS - Everyone is level 40+ and can't get said player off the drop!

I'd suggest making sure repulse, dash etc spells still work on lower levels.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Not sure if mentioned...

Great concept about not being able to attack players who are a certain level below you, however... Drop jumping.
Level 35 enters a KR just as the boss dies and jumps on the Legendary DSS - Everyone is level 40+ and can't get said player off the drop!

I'd suggest making sure repulse, dash etc spells still work on lower levels.

there are companions that collect your drops, make sure its fed :)

EDIT: it will walk through players.

i might take a look see if i can increase your pickuprange, like zircon did witha stat, only this will be a +1 range from you instead of a variable stat.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Are their lvl limits like nerfs to XP gains at certain level?

Also shoulder dash, repulse, TU etc should be rng chance in PvP not higher level dominated, feel free to prove me wrong, Mir is not really properly competitive if things like this aren't addressed.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Are their lvl limits like nerfs to XP gains at certain level?

Also shoulder dash, repulse, TU etc should be rng chance in PvP not higher level dominated, feel free to prove me wrong, Mir is not really properly competitive if things like this aren't addressed.
theres no nerfs as such, its just more exp needed for higher levels... no real level cap or soft cap. if your more than 10+ levels higher than a mob tho the exp is diminished, but you can see a mobs level with ym target bar.

i wont alter how spells work in pvp in terms of rng for things like SD, it will be as simple as if your a higher level then you can repulse them, i dont see a need to change that.

ive now also added to the server the ability to pick up items +1 square from you to avoid the PK Protection system being abused by standing on drops. Drop Jumping is a thing of the past... unless 9 people stand on a drop and surround it.....

Reactions: MonoxideLenny

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
there are companions that collect your drops, make sure its fed :)

How does that work in a group?

i wont alter how spells work in pvp in terms of rng for things like SD, it will be as simple as if your a higher level then you can repulse them, i dont see a need to change that.

What he suggested isn't actually a bad idea. For PvE it makes sense to work off mob level. However where PvP is concerned, not so much.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
How does that work in a group?

it works as if you had picked it up, your companion picks up the item and puts it in your bag, so its like someone in your group jumping the drop. if you dont want them to do it then you can filter them to not pick anything up

Reactions: Wond

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Gonna love being 1 shot by someone 15 levels higher than me when all I'm trying to do is kill a low level boss for a quest :rolleyes:

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016

You recently PvP skills > lvls (on occassion I assume) when determining fights but will happily plod along with the ancient rule of "no pushing me you filthy low lvl swine!"

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Gonna love being 1 shot by someone 15 levels higher than me when all I'm trying to do is kill a low level boss for a quest :rolleyes:

thats the game we play....
Post automatically merged:

You recently PvP skills > lvls (on occassion I assume) when determining fights but will happily plod along with the ancient rule of "no pushing me you filthy low lvl swine!"

no i said pvp skillls > gear, your level has always been a factor in pvp...

Reactions: Piff1

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
on a positive note ive managed to solve the mystery that is duo tstorm stun :D

duo+ wiz can now tstorm undead mobs and stunlock them

This is really good news, can't remember the last server that had this properly a Few have added Stuns but not like euro where 2 of you in PT could completely stop the lure if you had your TSin times down.

Status
Not open for further replies.