EuroReborn (Custom Crystal)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
@Sanjian was taking note of your Sin video, was a lot of 'Back Attack' damage spammed.

One of big turn offs for Sins/Warrior's is their skills spamming in the chat, on back attacking are you planning on having damage numbers float above monsters/players heads that use a different colour or employ something that is quite uncommon in Mir and have more than 1 chat box and you can filter regular chat and combat logs such as back attack flaming sword etc.

jaffar99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2011
Hi Sanjian,

Just a quick comment regarding Salvaging.

Check armours that have added mp or hp + on them.

On the LOF server they would randomly give a big amount of one material.

Was never really sure if that was on purpose or not.

For example for a normal armour you might get like +2 Jade. But if it was added MP it would give like +50 Jade

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
(Ignore the back attack message thats for my testing benefit and wont appear when live, also para is a static 5s in video but will be changed to reflect skill level, also i removed the cooldown for the video, the skill will have a CD so it cant be spammed)

@Sanjian was taking note of your Sin video, was a lot of 'Back Attack' damage spammed.

One of big turn offs for Sins/Warrior's is their skills spamming in the chat, on back attacking are you planning on having damage numbers float above monsters/players heads that use a different colour or employ something that is quite uncommon in Mir and have more than 1 chat box and you can filter regular chat and combat logs such as back attack flaming sword etc.

its only there for my testing mate, was while i was checking certain parts of the code were activating properly. it wont be there on live :) or beta.

it wont have any special text or colour.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Hi Sanjian,

Just a quick comment regarding Salvaging.

Check armours that have added mp or hp + on them.

On the LOF server they would randomly give a big amount of one material.

Was never really sure if that was on purpose or not.

For example for a normal armour you might get like +2 Jade. But if it was added MP it would give like +50 Jade

yes i will be re-evaluating the way salvaging is calculated and how it hands out rewards :)

Reactions: jaffar99

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
So ive redesigned how the salvaging works from my last server, now it is ALOT more predictable and controlled.

Ive also started working on things like, if a weapon is made of wood, you get wood, if your weapon is made of metal you get metal, if its made of both you have a chance for either wood or metal.

the video below is just an example of what im talking about.

added items increase your yield by 1 (not including any bonus perks that trigger)

Crafting items will ALWAYS cost more than you could ever get from salvaging. Im currently working on my recipe formulas and testing that out, will update once thats done.

Also if a weapon is all Metal it will be made with Blacksmithing, if the weapon is PART metal and Part wood or ALL wood, it is made via carpentry but will require some ingots if its part metal and wood.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Finished work on the salvagin today, i wanted to change the ui to match the one im working on

old ui

because ive changed the npc image i felt the need to alter the look aswell.

(You can still speed salvage items by right clicking them in your bag but be careful, once its gone, its gone)

new salvaging ui 21312
21310 21311

Reactions: Chalace

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
also a thing to note before i forget, ALL crafted items have bonus dura,

weapons have +5 dura
armours have +3 (armours, helmets, belts, boots)
accessories all have +2

This does mean that an item cannot be dura orbed untill it drops below (+3)

ill cover the crafting perks abit later but for a quick bit of info, crafting items is far better than getting dropped items (UNLESS that dropped item is added, as added items are going to be what lets to kill mobs you cant kill in default gear)

you will be spending alot of your time, trying to make items/find items and gear up for harder content. its not longer about being level 30 and bundling into PI, in basic gear pi will be a waste of time :)

EDIT:
Crafting perks will reward players with increased added stat chances on made items and a master of a profession will be able to make weapons with automatic luck on them.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
also a thing to note before i forget, ALL crafted items have bonus dura,

weapons have +5 dura
armours have +3 (armours, helmets, belts, boots)
accessories all have +2

This does mean that an item cannot be dura orbed untill it drops below (+3)

ill cover the crafting perks abit later but for a quick bit of info, crafting items is far better than getting dropped items (UNLESS that dropped item is added, as added items are going to be what lets to kill mobs you cant kill in default gear)

you will be spending alot of your time, trying to make items/find items and gear up for harder content. its not longer about being level 30 and bundling into PI, in basic gear pi will be a waste of time :)

EDIT:
Crafting perks will reward players with increased added stat chances on made items and a master of a profession will be able to make weapons with automatic luck on them.

Sounds class mate! really looking forward to seeing your server in beta/ live!

Reactions: Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
heres a video of how Carpentry works in terms of its perks

be aware that the recipes are not complete and the icons for the client side perk page arnt done, but 95% of the coding is done server side.

Reactions: Piff1 and Martyn

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I have added a potion use delay, there is a 2 second delay after using a potion (HP/MP) before you can use another one.

i saw this type of mechanic playing zircon and liked how it just stopped you spamming pots. although on zircon the delay links to more items (hp/mp/rt/de/tt) this wont be the same here. ONLY HP / MP pots are given a 2 second delay, you can spam Gins,Sunnys, RT, DE, TT as much as you like. bear in mind tho that pots will NOT stack on this server.

another little thing i wanted to add was a more visual indication to items with 0 dura, so now the items go red.
21316 21317 21318

(the spelling error on the knife has been fixed ^^)

Reactions: Martyn

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Nice! I like it!!!

i expanded upon it abit more.... i liked the idea.

if the shadow items are disabled you will still see items as red with 0 dura.

but now with shadow items enabled, anything that you can NEVER use is bottom left, items you cannot use at the moment but can use if you meet the requirements are in the middle, and items in the bottom right are items you can use right now.

edit: i originally had items you can never use as red, but it clashed too much with 0 dura items and i didnt want it conflicting, i tried quite a few colour variations before settling on this >.<

Reactions: SmavidDavid

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
giphy.gif

Reactions: Jicaa
Status
Not open for further replies.