EuroReborn (Custom Crystal)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
As the polish gets thick and refined into a shiny boot I'm still concerned about lvls being controlled, the highest lvls generally on privates eventually ruin the PvP experience as a whole. Also those fast tracking ahead of everyone else, even going faster than what you deem a fast pace will be the ones demanding more content and things to do from server creator as they've essentially figured out whats optimal and have no PvP contest.

- Is there going to be a rest XP feature in this game to act as a small "counter" to people who appear to not have a job
- Are your areas all worth the grind or are some very optimal for groups, which need to be PvP contested over but never end up getting hassled much because if you're in "the lead" in a Private server any hassle is rare asf.
- Are any of your areas going to be too easy for Wizards, we all know the history of past Mir 2 servers, Wizard finds Past Bichon or a "thunderstorm paradise", Wiz is high/highest lvl and loaded with gold.

Different topic -
Same problem on Valk's server too but what is the deal with Energy Shield for Taoists being at such a high lvl, a skill, which determines whether a Taoist is bursted down or not is essentially reserved for only the commited/no life Taoist (factoring in the rarity of the book, this is pretty much top guilds only Tao reserved).

IMO this goes against PvP concepts, if you're the top Tao on the server, you stay alive (if you're any good!), if you're an average Tao, go die, probably faster than a Wizard as he can spam what we all know as a pretty decent mitigation shield all day.

I'm asking the big questions here, servers are only "fun and wonder" for a limited time.

ill reply as best i can. with regards to exp. and catch up mechanics:

the server uses the Day/Night cycle to alternate varying exps at the following rates (this is server wide not just in provinces although the provinces show the day/night light values)

Dawn = +10% exp
Day = Base Exp
Evening = +20% exp
Night = + 30% exp

Closer to release ill work out the exact settings to make sure it is always NIGHT between the hours of 18:00 and 00:00, that way those that work and can only play will be guarenteed the best exp rates when they can play. This does also mean they will be playing when the servers monster are at their toughest, the day/night cycle also affects mobs base stats

Rested bonus has been reworked and lower levels are given a greater amount of rested bonus than those of higher levels. for E.G.

0-21 is 100% exp bonus while rested
22-28 is 50% and it diminishes further down the line and the lowest amount is 5% exp bonus for rested at level 40+

with regards to optimal areas, almost all bosses and some sub bosses will require a group, the phase fights ive put in are designed to punish solo players to a degree, especially ranged classes like the wizard and archer. more subs have been given ranged mechanics, KS (when i get too it will have a ranged attack) All bosses will have some kind of mechanic to target ranged classes, so its going to be difficult to solo bosses, IMO... (you wont be able to live in ast7th for example and tbolt over the wall unharmed. you could still live it but it will require more planning and understanding of the new AIs to be able to fight them.

all physical ranged mobs can inflict bleeding which is nasty, especially for a wiz as bleeding bypasses MS, so in PB for ex, crossbowomas will be difficult. you can clear your poisons using cleanse (a passive skill unlocked with HOLY) but because holy is tagged to wizards lightning spells that would mean they would be hitting living mobs with lightning (pb mobs are not undead) and there for not utilising maximum damage output by using fire spells against living mobs, so they can fight in pb but to clear bleeding they need to use tbolt/tstorm, but wont be doing damage, so its technically slower in pb, than say tstorming in PSC/PT (i have made it possible to duo stun with wizards undead mobs(not subs/bosses).

imo wizards will need to be using pets if they plan to play solo.

PvP is not my area of expertise but i will be taking feedback on players opinions on skills regarding PvP but i wont alter repulse affecting higher level players (sorry)

with the introduction of professions, players who just grind out on a server for max level will actually not be that benefitial here, you will need to invest time in your professions to truly be able to play efficiantly.

Crafting armours can be more beneficial than trying to find an added dropped one, unless your really lucky.

when it comes to crafting you can craft every piece of equipment (with a few exceptions like dsword and bloodstealersword, paras etc...) you can craft sowg and it is expected of players to be able to do this. a player with max blacksmithing can craft a sowg with upto 4x a much stats added than a sowg dropping form a boss. this may sound easy but it will take time to gather the required ingrediant, its not only for the strongest but also the determined.

this means players who spend time crafting and playing the game are more likely to have better kit than those who just grind bosses, but saying that, bosses still privide items you cannot craft... its a double edged sword.

i dont expect anyone to drop MTK/BL/OK this year... thats my expectation for difficulty.

With the introduction of a pot delay (except sunpots) im thinking pvp could be rather interesting, as before you could spam pots all day long and the person with the most pots wins, here because of the delay you have to time it properly. thats my plan atleast... take too much burst damage and you cant pot quick enough to heal out the damage (unless youve got good levels in alchemy and have crafted some added HP potions that restopre alot more than standard ones.. or perhaps you spent time leveling your cooking and you can now craft meals that boost you hp so you have 200+ more hp than you did before, for a wiz thats great, but even then a lvl 3 FS with decent dc and luck would still 1 hit a wizard.

the bonus from leveld spells is more significant here than ive seen anywhere else and for me that was important..

then you could look at crafting better armour with added ac/amc, or youve crafted rings with added ac/amc/dc/sc

the game is more focused on kit than ever before, Gemming is a bastard, there are no orbs (except dura orbs) dragonforging(awakening) is not 100% success chance its actually 75% so a 25% chance to break your item is considerable.

then take into account your companions buff, which companion do you summon and for which buff, do you choose the DC/AC/AMC/Holy/Poison companion.

then you have the mounts, with base stats that can boost yours...

there are so many variables to take into account for pvp its impossible to determine who would win in a given situation.... higher level doesnt always = a win. especially if their gear is poor.

i am in the process of writting a main storyline quest that will actually reward players with the majour items/spells in the game as they play. but just because you can get something from a quest doesnt mean the quest is easy...

god i have gone on for ages.... i hope some of this makes sense?

ill finish it by saying i will not add more content for 3 people who have maxed the server out, if they burnout after 3 months that their fault, ill add more content when 60-70% of the server is ready for it not 5%

jiajun

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 2, 2013
hope this server will live asap .. the only server i willing to play

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Good stuff Sanj that's a server advert in itself :)

@LOMValkyrie @Sanjian why is energy shield so high, answer me!!

And also if it doesn"t target an ally then it id not a mythical rarity, I will fight you both, this skill is braindead and should be part of any decent Tao's setup, not a handful of them.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex

And also if it doesn"t target an ally then it id not a mythical rarity, I will fight you both, this skill is braindead and should be part of any decent Tao's setup, not a handful of them.

i will actually take a look at energy shield as its on my todo list and see its viability on lowering its level, currently at 48.

azzee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Your ideas are so amazing well done on making pvp is more reliable on profs i really cant wait to play this sounds so much fun

are craftable stuff like foods potions are tradable ?

also is there an ETA for beta :love:?

best of luck

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Your ideas are so amazing well done on making pvp is more reliable on profs i really cant wait to play this sounds so much fun

are craftable stuff like foods potions are tradable ?

also is there an ETA for beta :love:?

best of luck
yes you can sell everything you craft. higher level blacksmiths can make repeair hammers that are better than shop repait in terms of reducing an items durabilty (top dura) higher level tailors can make repair kits better than shop repair and higher level jewellers can craft jewellry repair kits that will repair all jewellry items better than shops. there are in the files items to craft master repair kits that dont drop top dura...

but im still on the fence on this as nothing should last forever except wepaons imo...

no eta for beta yet sorry... especially with FFVII remake out on 10th of april thats really dented my plans tbh >.<

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
If youre putting long term no loss of dura. Hard torches are a steady way of controlling that, steady income too.

Can also leave the crafting option in and/or make it easier due to hard torches being in the GG shop.
Idk any player who enjoys putting 100hours into an item, to see it get smashed to bits dura wise

Ff7 will take my life too, i hope its after april the 10th

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I am afraid of this server as I am excited LOL

Very likely will be even more harsh on players than fishing server was, especially solo players, of which only the most dedicated will prevail.

Can a solo player simply not level much and focus instead on professions and become good at all or most of them, selling crafted items, than buying a kit? Plus having some of his own crafted too.

From other servers in past, I remember anything worth crafting typically hinged on some one ingredient, which was next to impossible for a solo player to get.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I am afraid of this server as I am excited LOL

Very likely will be even more harsh on players than fishing server was, especially solo players, of which only the most dedicated will prevail.

Can a solo player simply not level much and focus instead on professions and become good at all or most of them, selling crafted items, than buying a kit? Plus having some of his own crafted too.

From other servers in past, I remember anything worth crafting typically hinged on some one ingredient, which was next to impossible for a solo player to get.

no not at all, mining spots are level based, you can level your mining whiich in turn increases your drops which in turn is used in crafting, there are no boss only ingredients, its just a case of farming it. please remember i am a solo player 70% of the time, thew other 30% is with my brother and maybe his son, thats a group of 3, we wont be killing WT...

i have to get what i want solo so no there is no such thing as a boss only ingredient. in any of the recipies actually, cooking uses meat from skinning and fish from fishing... jewellery uses ingots from smelting which are made from ores form mining, the gems you get for making jewellery comes from a chance in the smelting process, plus from breaking items a part.

you could go on a hunt for an hour fill your bag with crap, take it to the salvager, destroy it all into crafting materiels athen use those mats to level your other professions. tbh the most tedious is skinning... but im working on making sure each place has atleast 1 skinnable mob..

as a rule of thumb if you destroy an item thats common you will more than likely get common matierials back (there is a chance of getting rare materials) but to make sure you get rare materials you salvage rare items and so on and so forth, ive also made sure if you slavage armour you get mats used to make armour, slavage weapons and its wood/ingots/ jewellery is ingots and gems (not the gems we know of but gems used to make rings necklaces and bracelets)

if your prepared to put the time in then there is nothing that in unachievable, except maybe owning a conquest zone, which i wont be doing as i wont be joing anyones guild and will be making my own if im lucky enough to get a horn off a wooma (woomahorn is not just in WT drop file, its purposly in all woomas but very rare)

it is a harsh server, it is unforgiving and it will be difficult, but thats what im after :)
Post automatically merged:

you will need an axe for chopping trees, a pickaxe for mining spots, a skinning knife for skinning, so thats 3 bag spaces taken. you then have to equip them, tbh it does get abit tedious... but thats how it is now, i end up putting my crafting tools on my beltslots so i can switch them on the fly without opening bag.

because of this im actually using the 56 slot inventory form LOF instead of the default 46 slot inventory. also storage is doubled by defualt you dont have to pay for extra storage.

those that played LOF/LowRate ive also added back in the DeathValley/ZumaTemple crafting items, im in the process of converting them over and testing them hopefully tonight. i will be looking to include if i can a set of item from PI and RMV but ill see what ive got left in terms of images ^^

Last edited:

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
In all honesty i dont really understand this server.
I can see a very passionate and possibly quite skilled GM that is trying to think outside the box. I like some of his concepts and mostly the constant progress you make as long as you play which he tries to do with crafting etc.

However i dont see how i can personally have fun with:
1) Playing without most of my classes spells for ages since im pretty sure this will be a super low rate.
2) Being more or less forced to harvest, mine, fish, level up spells and in general doing afk/semi-afk things.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
In all honesty i dont really understand this server.
I can see a very passionate and possibly quite skilled GM that is trying to think outside the box. I like some of his concepts and mostly the constant progress you make as long as you play which he tries to do with crafting etc.

1) Playing without most of my classes spells for ages since im pretty sure this will be a super low rate.
2) Being more or less forced to harvest, mine, fish, level up spells and in general doing afk/semi-afk things.

You're not forced into doing anything on his server, even on LOF server where it was literally based around fishing people killing mobs / bosses was storming ahead of the fishers, all the extra stuff is just for him to enjoy and anyone else who happens to like it, loads of people have shown a interest in the card games etc, whilst chilling in SZ.

In regards to skills it's much like Valkyrie he use's lots of unique burns / poison's. I'm sure he'll have some custom skills along the way for low levels too.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Burn and Poison dem Wizzies to death and I'm happy, they should be forced holy in PvP for their lives xD

(No life wizzy TU's my pet 100% of the time)

Ok I'm not happy, lvls do matter, you know it, I know it, Tao hard life is the best life, remember when you repulse/shoulderdash me back remember how '-__-' I am!

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex

1. If your not a fan of low rates then this server is definatly not for you and you should look for a different server, if you want instant gratification instead of earning your spells by putting in the time and effort required, just like on euro (afterall this is what its based around) perhaps the OldSkool server is your best bet :)

2. you cant actually do anything AFK besides level spells and your companion in a safezone. mining is not done in deadmine afk against a wall, its not in game. even the fishing cant be done afk as thats rewritten aswell.
Post automatically merged:

Finished working on replacing the MirSet with a RebornSet

1581945799793.png

each piece consists of 9 single scroll parts for a total of 54 scroll parts.

if you played the Low/Rate/LOF server you will be aware of these. Zuma and DeathValley parts are also in game

the Scroll parts can be found on multiple mobs throughout the server. they are without a doubt the best items in the game. it will take alloong time to find/trade them and complete the set, but you can wear any item at level 20 and the set bonus is luck+2 and all major stats +10%

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
i end up putting my crafting tools on my beltslots so i can switch them on the fly without opening bag

That's the way I did it on LoF. Also I used to play with the bag open all the time but no server yet solved the issue of the bag resetting to its default location after various 'events' (not talking about events like after you visited a shop or npc, that can't be avoided I suppose).

When you can rely on the bag staying where you put it, right clicking crafting tools in it to swap to them is almost as convenient. But to play with bag open, you need higher res, the higher, the better, still I remember I managed it on euro's 800x600 - but also recall korean happy server's 2560x1440 res. on which it became a chore to chase the bag around.

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex

ive taken a look at EnergyShield, its actually a nice skill (not one i was overly familiar with hence why it was near the bottom of my todo list)

You can target allies but they must me in your party, which for me makes sense.

And with how difficult the server is it makes sense to lower this skill and get into the main set up of taoists. Ive altered a few of the calculations and the spell utilises the Holy stat to help with the heal.

Im going to make the skill level 32 and downgraded to legendary

Reactions: WelshSteel

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Nice!!! It will honestly make the game much more interesting by allowing more favourable positioning!

I want all the Tao chicks for this, bar holly, she bat crazy!

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
So I wasnt going to do videos of boss fights but since ive finished off quite a few and i know WT is going to cause players to rage on me.... I thought I would show just how nasty this fight can be.

I played as a Tao mid level mid range gear but low quality because none of its added, didnt really play using all available skills as i wanted to show off WT fight more than anyhting else....

Ive also added in an effect that shows when EnergyShield heals you, as there wasnt anyhting in place and it just does it in the background, now you get a nice heal effect and the classic healing sound to go with it.

Since the video I have upped WT hp a little ^^.

Enjoy ^^

My current TODO list is getting smaller, a few more Boss AI's
then just double checking everything.

Because finances are tight i may do the beta from home. But ill cross that bridge as it gets closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.