EuroReborn (Custom Crystal)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

evilwomann

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 18, 2004
That’s how it used to be lol, I remember logging in on chronicles and having to spend a hour going to tame pets everytime I wanted them

Morganja

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 11, 2017
That’s how it used to be lol, I remember logging in on chronicles and having to spend a hour going to tame pets everytime I wanted them
Same, can't say I enjoyed it though, and can imagine it would definitely put people with less time than myself off playing.
some really terrible ideas. i think your trying way to hard to make people try and grind. i do not see how any one would enjoy solid none stop grinding for 1-2month to not even get lvl 20 odd. i dont see were any fun would even be involved .

A wizard or taos pets being lost on log out. Is were i stopped. i love your maps and designs ect but over all in terms of interest does not appeal at all. Ive just this sec had convo with 8 others on disc all agreed would be completely boring and not worth. just my 2p great looking server tho just bad ideas.
+1. UI, maps, some of the new features look awesome. Seems to me that this kinda server is moving into all the right directions to add new features to mir that will keep people entertained, but then taking a step back in making it as grindy as possible which will put most casuals off.

Just say for example you've been work all day, had your tea, sorted ya **** out. You got a good hour or 2 to chill and game, wana spend an hour of that taming and levelling pets to use them for an hour to then have to repeat tomorrow?

I get it's your server make it as you like. But can't see why you would choose to do that. Doesn't benefit you or players.

Nice work on the new stuff though, looks awesome. The professions etc look fun wish these features could be added to a server more people are likely to play.

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Just say for example you've been work all day, had your tea, sorted ya **** out. You got a good hour or 2 to chill and game, wana spend an hour of that taming and levelling pets to use them for an hour to then have to repeat tomorrow?

This is how i tend to play my games with a few hours here and there....

your comment is making me consider the idea of saving pets now >.<

the trouble is, its not what im used to playing so for me seems like it shouldnt be a part of the game...... i guess as wizards pets DO untame that it would be kind to save them on logout.

im not 100% sure if the tame time is saved on log out an in, ill do some testing, if the tame times are saved i will consider making them save on logout aswell. this would be for the benefit of wizards only tho, as taoist can summon pets on command and dont have to source them.

EDIT: i will test this now.

Reactions: Belle and Martyn

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
okay this proved a little trickier than i thought but with a little help this is now how its going to work...

Taoists pets will last forever unless logged out for longer than 10 minutes then they die.

Wizards pets do not die on log out. Wizard pets last untill they untame. at which point they will untame and be left with 25% hp, you can then retame them like you used too.

What this means is that lets say you tame a tongs for 6 hours, you play for 2 hours, log out, when you next log in(regardless of how long you log out for) when you next log in the mob will have 4 hours left on it.

Because of this new mechanic i will need to tweek a few other settings but im hoping this decision will be better for anyone who plans to play a wizard?

there is a 60 second warning/buff effect for pets that are about to untame

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Nice change overall, taming was always a pointlessly tedious mechanic.

Why not maintain a permanent buff for the duration? Especially with the change spanning an indefinite amount of time, people will easily lose track of how long is left on them.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
okay this proved a little trickier than i thought but with a little help this is now how its going to work...

Taoists pets will last forever unless logged out for longer than 10 minutes then they die.

Wizards pets do not die on log out. Wizard pets last untill they untame. at which point they will untame and be left with 25% hp, you can then retame them like you used too.

What this means is that lets say you tame a tongs for 6 hours, you play for 2 hours, log out, when you next log in(regardless of how long you log out for) when you next log in the mob will have 4 hours left on it.

Because of this new mechanic i will need to tweek a few other settings but im hoping this decision will be better for anyone who plans to play a wizard?

could always make some retaming rooms, remember next to mw book shop was a room you could put mobs into there own little areas? lol

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Just make taming success rate higher ,no need to spend 20 minutes shocking a evil tong

2 mins will do

Reactions: Belle

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
at which point they will untame and be left with 25% hp, you can then retame them like you used too.
So many times on euro i'd spend ages getting 5 brown frogs.. then when one would untame it would be instantly killed by the others due to really low HP >.< 25% seems reasonable, i'm sure on euro it was like 5-10%!

The heads up warning is a good idea.

As I remember on euro the time spent taming/levelling and maintaining pets was more of a burden than the actual benefit they gave in terms of levelling speeds... it was more efficient to just go hunt solo, or even better a TS duo.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Just make taming success rate higher ,no need to spend 20 minutes shocking a evil tong

2 mins will do

no ones taming an evil tong :)

Nice change overall, taming was always a pointlessly tedious mechanic.

Why not maintain a permanent buff for the duration? Especially with the change spanning an indefinite amount of time, people will easily lose track of how long is left on them.

because there are 5 pets with 5 seperate tame times i would need to make 5 seperate buffs, so the mobs have a buff that trigger when the tametime gets to 1 minute, should be plenty of time to find somewhere quiet, rest your pets and then retame it.

in the video below the tametime is set to a static 70 seconds but the actual tametime is a much larger number with more variables added to it.
I will also take a look at changing the tame success to reflect your level compared to the level of the mob. so taming a mob lower than your level will be alot easier than taming a mob who is 2 levels above yours (the earliest you can tame a mob).

EDIT: with the way tametime is now changed its highl;y unlikely you will get 2 untame at the same time so its only 1 pet you need to work on

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
So many times on euro i'd spend ages getting 5 brown frogs.. then when one would untame it would be instantly killed by the others due to really low HP >.< 25% seems reasonable, i'm sure on euro it was like 5-10%!

The heads up warning is a good idea.

As I remember on euro the time spent taming/levelling and maintaining pets was more of a burden than the actual benefit they gave in terms of levelling speeds... it was more efficient to just go hunt solo, or even better a TS duo.

yeah the only benefit for pets was the 5 moths to solo ZT, but i do want pets for wizards to be alot better so i will be tweaking damage of pets and the amount of stats they gain for each level.

Reactions: Chriz

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I don't see why nobody ever thinks of warrior, like giving him a war dog or something (different mechanism of acquiring it, once I outlined it in a post). If you make taming mobs worthwhile, it will unbalance classes more than ever. With that said, I understand how annoying it is when you lose your pets due to all kinds of unforeseen circumstances that vary server from server.

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
I don't see why nobody ever thinks of warrior, like giving him a war dog or something (different mechanism of acquiring it, once I outlined it in a post). If you make taming mobs worthwhile, it will unbalance classes more than ever. With that said, I understand how annoying it is when you lose your pets due to all kinds of unforeseen circumstances that vary server from server.
I agree it could unbalance classes slightly (I guess more so PVP) - Imagine being a physical class, warrior or sin and being forced to PVP a wiz with 5 pets every single time because they don't lose them on log out, absolute chaos. Be a struggle to get close to them moving around their pets etc haha.

On the other hand, I couldn't and wouldn't ever agree with a warrior having a pet, sorry @mir2pion but that's a bit daft, warriors do plenty damage without a pet to assist.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Wizards have always and should always have access to pets , it’s a key component to solo and duo play , and survivability whilst fighting , if not a tao just whittles you down with 2 pets and pois and sfb , and a warrior just runs around waiting for you to stop for a second while tanking your damage. Wiz need pets

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Wizards have always and should always have access to pets , it’s a key component to solo and duo play , and survivability whilst fighting , if not a tao just whittles you down with 2 pets and pois and sfb , and a warrior just runs around waiting for you to stop for a second while tanking your damage. Wiz need pets
They do I agree, but should they be simply handed on a plate? I'm not sure...

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Im going to be altering the entire PK / PvP system (not entirely but less punishing)

There are no such things as PK points (not really) you dont go yellow, then red then have a RedDeathDrop, Guards will not attack you, archers will not attack you.

the system im working on will work something along these lines with some changes based on readers feedback.

you can kill anyone anytime. but as soon as you kill someone (murder) you will be given a name(WIP) anyone is then able to kill you freely without punishment (even if they are brown they will still be protected by the law of defence, THEY WILL NOT GO BROWN if they attack someone who has killed another player). untill you pay for your crime via an npc.

i was toying with the idea of adding bounties on players and then they had to be hunted down and killed for the bountie but the trouble is its far too exploitable.

player killing is a thing in mir, it happens, what i dont like tho is griefing. which is why i am introducing a system when you CANNOT attack anyone 5 levels lower than you, UNLESS they are brown.

this new addition does bring about a different form of griefing but i will gladly punish anyone breaking server rules such as door blocking, or purposly circumventing a system to cause distress to other players.

PvP isnt my area of expertise so those who enjoy a good rumble are welcome to add suggestions (i wont be adding in a safe place to fight) the contest room is available for that (aswell as some other interestings things planned for it[Like being able to spawn bosses to test AI tactics])

There wont be any safe caves, if your getting attacked and you dont like it, RT,DE or TT.

Reactions: Piff1
Status
Not open for further replies.