EuroReborn (Custom Crystal)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealHavok

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 17, 2018
Maybe set up a gofund me/donation ticker to help with finance? people spend stupid amount of money on this game anyway (including myself at one point) so i'm sure you'd have no problem hitting 60 a month.

I understand taking time out to play upcoming games/expansion, do you not have a team to work on stuff in spare time?

All that being said, if you're not motivated about the server/development then it's probably for the best anyway, gotta be passionate about it to have success and not have a half assed thing that will die in less than a year..

Reactions: deano13

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
It is with regret that i am going to put the server into a suspended state of development.

there are a few reasons at the moment and im going to be honest with you.

1. Finance - I just cannot afford to purchase a dedicated server at this time (looking at £60 a month for a decent one)
2. Time - My time has been cut down with which i can work on the server for a few reasons:
- WoW Classic (im going to be playing this and taking some time away from coding)
- Icebourne (again this releases in september and im going to be spending time playing this)
3. Enthusiasm - Over the last few weeks my enthusiasm has dropped rapidly for various reasons.

I will still release this server but it wont be anytime soon.

I urge anyone who was looking forward to playing this server to consider as an alternative either Artificial or ValkrieV2. At least those servers have people who are putting decent effort into making a decent server!

Ill keep the discord running and ill update this when i manage to find time to do some work, but for now I wont be releasing in October/November.

Sorry

Sorry to hear this, I can relate to this a lot of this on a personal level, at least the constraints and financial strains trying to develop a server bring, hope you come back to bear the fruits of your labours - often a little break away can be a positive thing.

Also a massive thank you for the kind words, totally unexpected and very much appreciated.

Reactions: deano13

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
tbh most of the lack of enthusiasm comes form visiting the forums and reading some of the posts....

with the exception of a handful of people this place has just become a depressing place to visit.

once things settle down ill be back to work again, the school holidays are crap as well, i cant wait for the kids to go back to school >.< that sounds awful lol

the project isnt abandoned, just postponed.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
tbh most of the lack of enthusiasm comes form visiting the forums and reading some of the posts....

with the exception of a handful of people this place has just become a depressing place to visit.

once things settle down ill be back to work again, the school holidays are crap as well, i cant wait for the kids to go back to school >.< that sounds awful lol

the project isnt abandoned, just postponed.

Finance Wise, if you need the funds to run a dedi, message me and I can sort you out for the first few months (so you aren't needing to worry about that cost - if this ever becomes the hindrance for you to release)

As for enthusiasm, don't let people get you down mate, you can't make a game for everyone, trust me.
Generally forums are turning to a negative place where people criticise rather than support people on their work.

You are doing a grand job and you are doing it in your vision of your server; I am looking forward to seeing a hard server to grind on, even though I would be a casual player, I like difficult games.

However sometimes a step back and a break does re-invigorate you, or it has the opposite effect, hopefully see you back fully, soon! As I do enjoy watching your progress!

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
100% respect for the honesty mate.

take your time away a few months will refresh your love for mir ( it Always comes back )

Reactions: Sanjian

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
Well you must have some passion because you could of just put the server up half done grabbed a couple months worth of donations gone quiet and let it die a death like most servers nowadays xD so yer, respect for not doing that!

Reactions: Sanjian

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
Sometimes its good to take a break.

icebourne expansion does look really good, do you play it on PC or console @Sanjian ? (presuming you mean the monster hunter expansion?)

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Sometimes its good to take a break.

icebourne expansion does look really good, do you play it on PC or console @Sanjian ? (presuming you mean the monster hunter expansion?)

i have it on pc and ps4 >.< was very heavy into mh with my brother untill he got a family lol.

im playing the expasion on console tho because thats releasing first. just going through it all again on a new char upto xeno when the expansion starts. the mh series is amazing.
Finance Wise, if you need the funds to run a dedi, message me and I can sort you out for the first few months (so you aren't needing to worry about that cost - if this ever becomes the hindrance for you to release)

As for enthusiasm, don't let people get you down mate, you can't make a game for everyone, trust me.
Generally forums are turning to a negative place where people criticise rather than support people on their work.

You are doing a grand job and you are doing it in your vision of your server; I am looking forward to seeing a hard server to grind on, even though I would be a casual player, I like difficult games.

However sometimes a step back and a break does re-invigorate you, or it has the opposite effect, hopefully see you back fully, soon! As I do enjoy watching your progress!

wow thats really generous and i greatly appreciate it thank you. if it comes to it i will message you thank you, but i will see how it goes.

i will be a casual player aswel but i want to play a difficult server, and not just vamp up mob damages but i always found euro tough and thats what i want to play again.

Reactions: LightBringer

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Additionally i coded in AGES ago a global shout out when a player dies and bodydropped something very nice then the server was informed who died, what they dropped and the map they dropped it on, i did have the original coords added but removed it.

Can you also show who they died to? This will make killing ConorMcGregor and stealing all his kits even more entertaining.

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
I need less thc content in my system I think I'm tripping out

Magic shield + TDB aint core skills? =0

I need to party with you sanjian in the membrane, You're off your nut lol

Pingy

LOMCN n00bie
May 2, 2013
Awwww its a shame its been suspended but I understand with your situation, I'll be keeping an eye on here for any updates. Hope you enjoy your time off from the server and will come back to it soon :D

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
WoW classic was good..... but short lived...

I decided to take a longer break but im currently working back on these files, although very slowly.

If there is enough interest i will release the server publicly, if no-ones bothered i will be playing it offline on my own :)

Wummy

Majestic Mir 2
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2015
Majestic Town
ill give it a ago, it seems good :D just release it already :D

shame its a low rate tho... theres been loads of low rates around and not any med or high ;/

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

I decided to take a longer break but im currently working back on these files, although very slowly.

If there is enough interest i will release the server publicly, if no-ones bothered i will be playing it offline on my own :)

Mate Mir2 is in bad need right now. Hook us up lol.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda

Just re read the advert and watched the YouTube vids, ALOT of good work gone on here, server looks hard and a fun challenge, good luck to u mate 👍🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.