EuroReborn (Custom Crystal)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
WoW classic was good..... but short lived...

I decided to take a longer break but im currently working back on these files, although very slowly.

If there is enough interest i will release the server publicly, if no-ones bothered i will be playing it offline on my own :)
No one can steal your stuff if you play it offline on your own, don't be selfish!
On a serious note, id give it a bash when its up, looks gd with some interesting twists.

• Haha
Reactions: Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
A few small things that bugged me so ive changed

With regards to the Back Attack mechanic i implemented on the server, ive now adjusted it so that any attack that hits the back of a mob/player will never miss, it will just use the AC/MAC defence. The reason for this is that with the new warrior skill Provoke players positions on bosses will need to be considered and you will need to utilise the back attack mechanic to bypass certain things.

Also in PvP running away could be worse..

Im removing the PKPoints in terms of it being a detrement to the player but it has become something else. im still working on the bits i want to work but a quick image of what its changed to (no more red death drops or guards killing red players)

Image 71.jpg

Also i hated how double slash was ALWAYS the same amount of damage for each hit.

-5 -5
-10 -10
-6 -6
etc

ive now made it so that each attack is its own individual hit and not just a double clone hit. so you could get

-5 -7
-1 missed
blocked -10
-10 -20 and so on....

Last edited:

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Like the idea of the bounty’s, what is it that’s gained on killing a bounty? Exp/gold? Will the bounty remain until death

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015
Question about the bounty could it not just be abused? Ex : Player 1 goes around killing people to get a bounty then his friend player 2 comes to claim the bounty?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Like the idea of the bounty’s, what is it that’s gained on killing a bounty? Exp/gold? Will the bounty remain until death

its still a WIP as i need to find a suitable way of it not being abusable. basic concept on PvP is its impossible to kill/hurt anyone 5+ levels lower than you to stop griefing, unless brown then its fair game and no bounty is awarded. once killed bounty is wiped, killing players gets you a bounty of a value something like players level so a level 35 players going to get you a 3,500 bounty where as a player 7 kill only nets a 700 bounty. im still working on the maths so that higher level players are worth alot more than a lower level player. bounty will be gold based, but again im trying to work on a system that isnt abusable but ill get there eventually, its not high on my list atm.

currently working on getting companions to have levels and buffs similar to Jamies Zircon pets which was a genius bit of marketing and coding. i spent too much money re rolling my pets for the best stats.....

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Question about the bounty could it not just be abused? Ex : Player 1 goes around killing people to get a bounty then his friend player 2 comes to claim the bounty?

I see what u mean, maybe theirs a way round it? Or could the bounty could be something like .... if killed the said bounty gets exp taken away?

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015
I see what u mean, maybe theirs a way round it? Or could the bounty could be something like .... if killed the said bounty gets exp taken away?
Something like that could work it would stop people from trying to abuse the system, unless you meant the person who kills him gets the exp. Personally i think it should just be used as a cosmetic type currency like armour dyes/weapon dyes, maybe some companions and mounts. Could also limit the amount of points you can get in a day/week/month. I'm sure sanj will figure something out that works though.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Something like that could work it would stop people from trying to abuse the system, unless you meant the person who kills him gets the exp. Personally i think it should just be used as a cosmetic type currency like armour dyes/weapon dyes, maybe some companions and mounts. Could also limit the amount of points you can get in a day/week/month. I'm sure sanj will figure something out that works though.

na no exp given just taken away for being naughty naughty lol

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
an update on how Companions / Pets will work on the server.

Companions will have Levels and also experience. experience is gained while summoned and not in safezone (similar to Zircon except wont work in safezone) although i may alter this if enough people want to afk level the pet.

Each companion will have its own Buff (gold % drop % AC/DC/MC/SC etc.) rather than a selection of buffs gained at each level the companion has only 1 buff. the power of the buff is determined by the level of the pet.

so for e.g. lets say i have the mini bone elite companion. its buff will be lets say DC. you will gain 0-1 DC for every 2 levels up to a maximum of DC0-15 for a maxed out level 30companion (level 30 cap ATM) SC/MC gain is every 3 levels so MC0-10/SC0-10
lets say we have the white evil boar companion who will, for arguments sake, have the Drop % buff, this will increase every level so a max boar pet will have 30% additional drop rate.

to avoid exploitation in given areas, player can now only summon companions in safezone, but may dismiss them anywhere.

i did want to add a mechanic that meant the gameshop will be used like re-roll scrolls that jamie used but i also dont want it that the super rich throw money at the pets for the best rolls. even though it was an excellent idea... im still undecided on how i may use that yet.

any feedback is always appreciated

Image 75.Jpeg Image 76.Jpeg

Reactions: Hercules and Chriz

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
an update on how Companions / Pets will work on the server.

Companions will have Levels and also experience. experience is gained while summoned and not in safezone (similar to Zircon except wont work in safezone) although i may alter this if enough people want to afk level the pet.

Each companion will have its own Buff (gold % drop % AC/DC/MC/SC etc.) rather than a selection of buffs gained at each level the companion has only 1 buff. the power of the buff is determined by the level of the pet.

so for e.g. lets say i have the mini bone elite companion. its buff will be lets say DC. you will gain 0-1 DC for every 2 levels up to a maximum of DC0-15 for a maxed out level 30companion (level 30 cap ATM) SC/MC gain is every 3 levels so MC0-10/SC0-10
lets say we have the white evil boar companion who will, for arguments sake, have the Drop % buff, this will increase every level so a max boar pet will have 30% additional drop rate.

to avoid exploitation in given areas, player can now only summon companions in safezone, but may dismiss them anywhere.

i did want to add a mechanic that meant the gameshop will be used like re-roll scrolls that jamie used but i also dont want it that the super rich throw money at the pets for the best rolls. even though it was an excellent idea... im still undecided on how i may use that yet.

any feedback is always appreciated

View attachment 22095 View attachment 22096

Size of that chat box, fit a book's contents in that!

I like it :D

EDIT:
FIT not FIX.

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Made a video showing the companions exp and leveling with the buff.

its sped up for testing but live exp gain will be slower... a lot slower

Other Companion changes are as follows, none of them expire, they all have the same collection area sizes, in fact they are all the same in terms of item collection and fullness requirements. once the fullness drops below 100 (out of 10,000) you will need to feed it for it to continue to level/pickup items.

food can be brought with gold/gamegold and also crafted via the Cooking Profession.

the gameshop will feature an item that will stop fullness decreasing for a set time.

there is no way to boost companion experience gain other than to make sure pet is fed and your logged on with it.

Companions are capped at level 30 (for now)

Max stats possible are.

AC 0-15
AMC 0-15
DC 0-15
SC 0-10
MC 0-10
HP +600
MP + 450
Poison/Burn +10
Holy +10
Freezing +10

EDIT: Edited post with more accurate info for Companions and changed video.
Post automatically merged:

edited last post

Last edited:

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
As always fantastic work @Sanjian sorry if this has been asked already when do you plan going live? Also is this planned to be long term your servers are always top notch but i dont want to invest a month of grinding it out for it to then go down this isnt a dig at all im looking foward none the less just curious

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Wouldn't +10 freezing be a little mental xD ? Obviously your very unique with your servers so no doubt it will be balanced out nicely, tbh knowing you Freezing probably works totally differen't on here.

Can't wait for a go on this.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
As always fantastic work @Sanjian sorry if this has been asked already when do you plan going live? Also is this planned to be long term your servers are always top notch but i dont want to invest a month of grinding it out for it to then go down this isnt a dig at all im looking foward none the less just curious
I have no live date yet sorry, i know the videos look pretty close to being ready but theres still things i need to work on.

Ill keep it going for as long as people play it

Wouldn't +10 freezing be a little mental xD ? Obviously your very unique with your servers so no doubt it will be balanced out nicely, tbh knowing you Freezing probably works totally differen't on here.

Can't wait for a go on this.
Ill use the beta for finalising the right amounts but i think you need slow+10 before you can cause freeze, abit like poison +10 before you can unlock venom. Its a way of raising the stats without the risk of gemming.

again i wont know fully untill i get a beta out and hopefully people testing ^^

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I have no live date yet sorry, i know the videos look pretty close to being ready but theres still things i need to work on.

Ill use the beta for finalising the right amounts but i think you need slow+10 before you can cause freeze, abit like poison +10 before you can unlock venom. Its a way of raising the stats without the risk of gemming.

Any time you need a tester drop me a message mate, loved Origins always got time and feedback for anything you create.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire

You may want to cherry pick some of the recent updates to the main repository, some fixes have been done, I wouldn’t advise on a full merge as you’ll likely have a billion conflicts (due to a change on the server end which allows the server to run x-platform)

Some may not even affect your server just a heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
You may want to cherry pick some of the recent updates to the main repository, some fixes have been done, I wouldn’t advise on a full merge as you’ll likely have a billion conflicts (due to a change on the server end which allows the server to run x-platform)

Some may not even affect your server just a heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just had a skim through, will add some to the files thanks for the heads up, a few fixes there i didnt even know were issues >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.