EuroReborn (Custom Crystal)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Law of Defence

I want the server to be a ruthless but also fair place to play, because of this ive made a few changes that will apply to the law of defence. if you start something you should be expected to finish it either by winning or on your back!

when attacking an unprovoked player and turning brown, you are considered the aggressor and your name will go brown as we all know. as an aggressor you will not be able to use any teleports, RT/DE/TT/ SabukTele

you are considered an aggressor for a minute, if no hostile action is taken after a minute you will go white and can use those scrolls again.

just a little something i wanted to put into the game
Post automatically merged:

this includes Recall set, Relationship recalls and Teleport ring @move commands.

with regards to the relationship teleports, you CAN teleport your partner if they are not brown, so you can bring your partner to the fight, you just cant get pulled out from one.

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Size of that chat box, fit a book's contents in that!
Yes, its nice (I take it though it was said in irony, right?) but only as long as text can flow full width of it (and/or you can write line long enough before being blocked).

Still, I fail to see its usefulness given the telegraphic like, dumbed down convo most around here prefer.

@ Sanjian, if you can, make the text chat window transparent, it won't blind you by its expanse and given its width, the view through it might actually be useful.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Really enjoyed working on getting this feature in, ive wanted to do it since i saw it on Chronicles.

Nothing game breakingly amazing but for me attention to detail makes the game look and feel great. So ive altered the game message you receive in the top left. it will change colour depending on the rarity of your item, and plenty of other features.

a huge thanks to @Lilcooldoode for helping me get that precursor issue fixed, couldnt have done it without you.

Below is a final video of it in action, also shown is a little of the 13 professions in action.

Enjoy.

on a side note if any coder reading this knows how to fix this issue i would be hugely greatful (pasted below the error from the clients error.txt), its been brought up on the forum numerous times but ive never been able to fix it. it floods my Clients error.txt but has no impact on the game itself and doesnt cause a crash, its just one of those things i wish i didnt have >.<

Code:
[24/12/2019 14:00:22] Error in the application.
-2005530516 (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
   at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Texture..ctor(Device device, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 numLevels, Usage usage, Format format, Pool pool)
   at Client.MirControls.MirControl.CreateTexture() in F:\EuroReborn Source\Client\MirControls\MirControl.cs:line 153
   at Client.MirControls.MirControl.DrawControl() in F:\EuroReborn Source\Client\MirControls\MirControl.cs:line 732
   at Client.MirControls.MirControl.Draw() in F:\EuroReborn Source\Client\MirControls\MirControl.cs:line 708
   at Client.MirControls.MirControl.DrawChildControls() in F:\EuroReborn Source\Client\MirControls\MirControl.cs:line 750
   at Client.MirControls.MirScene.CreateTexture() in F:\EuroReborn Source\Client\MirControls\MirScene.cs:line 74
   at Client.MirControls.MirControl.DrawControl() in F:\EuroReborn Source\Client\MirControls\MirControl.cs:line 732
   at Client.MirScenes.GameScene.DrawControl() in F:\EuroReborn Source\Client\MirScenes\GameScene.cs:line 1269
   at Client.MirControls.MirScene.Draw() in F:\EuroReborn Source\Client\MirControls\MirScene.cs:line 43
   at Client.CMain.RenderEnvironment() in F:\EuroReborn Source\Client\CMain.cs:line 339
[/code/

Reactions: MonoxideLenny

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Code:
[24/12/2019 14:00:22] Error in the application.
-2005530516 (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
   at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Texture..ctor(Device device, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 numLevels, Usage usage, Format format, Pool pool)
   at Client.MirControls.MirControl.CreateTexture() in F:\EuroReborn Source\Client\MirControls\MirControl.cs:line 153
   at Client.MirControls.MirControl.Draw() in F:\EuroReborn Source\Client\MirControls\MirControl.cs:line 708
   at Client.MirControls.MirControl.DrawChildControls() in F:\EuroReborn Source\Client\MirControls\MirControl.cs:line 750
   at Client.MirControls.MirScene.CreateTexture() in F:\EuroReborn Source\Client\MirControls\MirScene.cs:line 74
   at Client.MirScenes.GameScene.DrawControl() in F:\EuroReborn Source\Client\MirScenes\GameScene.cs:line 1269
   at Client.MirControls.MirScene.Draw() in F:\EuroReborn Source\Client\MirControls\MirScene.cs:line 43
   at Client.CMain.RenderEnvironment() in F:\EuroReborn Source\Client\CMain.cs:line 339

I think a possible cause of this error is either a corrupt image or an invalid width/height for it.

This is the reference to the error:
Code:
D3DERR_INVALIDCALL
The method call is invalid. For example, a method's parameter may not be a valid pointer.

Reactions: Sanjian

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
server looks really nice dude, you can tell you've put a lot of effort into this
i love the little things like just the colour of the text when picking stuff up etc - very nice. its the little touches that make the difference

• Love
Reactions: Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
So i managed to break my wizards pets.....

so spent the evening fixing them... and decided it would be pretty cool if i could extend the taming duration while they were still mine....

So.. when your pet has less than 60 seconds left before it untames you will get a message and the pet will have an aura (This was already in place). DURING this time you may re-tame the pet to add additional time to your current pet, of about 50% of what you would get if you tamed it from the wild.

Theres a video below to see what im rambling on about. For the purpose of this video the Taming duration is set to a STATIC 70 seconds so i get 10 seconds with the pet before it starts it untame countdown. my tame chances were edited for the sake of time for the video

Also the way the chance to tame a pet is calculated will be changing putting a better emphasis on your level, your top MC and your luck!. So 2 level 20 wizards 1 5-20 mc luck+1 and the other 5-30 luck+4. the 5-30 mc will have a better time taming pets than the the mc 5-20 one.

please remember wizards pets are different to tao pets, Tao pets are lost on log out (there is a 10 [i think] minute grace period where if you get D/C you can log back on and keep the pets still)

wizards pets are not lost on logout, they are lost when they die or untame.

i did get a bit carried away at the end of the video i forgot i was recording sorry ^^

because of the changes to the PvP system ive now made it so that spells that normally stun mobs will now turn you brown if used against other players pets. the reason being is that stunning a players pet is an act of agression and as such should be punished with causing you to go brown.

these spells include:

Wizards - ElectricShock
Taoists - TrapHexagon
Assassins - Trap
Archers - BrainFreeze

important update post coming soon

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Can't see many people paying a Sub to play. I would 100% for how much effort you put in not sure about the rest of community though, i suggest you do not do this.

Reactions: KillerMan and Havok

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
yeah the issue i have is if someones not prepared to pay £3 a month to play it then im not prepared to pay £90 a month to host it.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I understand that fully but it will 100% effect the usercount, just use a GameShop with the content you bring you will clear 90£ a month easy. If you still wanted to use your HuntGold system you could just cap it like Jamie did so you can only earn so much per X so long out of sz.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
For what you put in the game, if it caters to people they will 100% pay it (hell I would easily).

Have you not ever thought of doing a subscription but making cosmetics also buyable, so you have a stable sub income + the cash burstable with skins n stuff
(so you get basic mounts from day to day mirring - but you can get tiger/lion mounts or whatever from the GameShop).

I have always thought of a sub based system, but it always drove down to an optional one to make it viable (on paper anyway).
You give the subs some extra perks over the 'standard' player.

On an in game note.
Your stuff looks very sleek, as always, and agree 100% the small details build up to make a huge difference!
Also I like that NPC & the map looks pretty cool too (from what you can see, anyway!)

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
I used to save some of my dinner money and pay for euro using my splash plastic when I was 13 years old which was like £7/8.

I think if people have just enough to 'enjoy' your server to get the hooked, they'll pay. (Please make the free period > level 7 ;D )

Reactions: Wond

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I used to save some of my dinner money and pay for euro using my splash plastic when I was 13 years old which was like £7/8.

I think if people have just enough to 'enjoy' your server to get the hooked, they'll pay. (Please make the free period > level 7 ;D )

haha classic euro :D i was thinking of it as level 7 :D

the trouble is i dont think people want to pay and i dont expect them too, there are free servers out there, i just thought it would be an interesting stance to take.

it reminds me of when i shop online....

item i want is £8 with £5 shipping im not paying that...

same item £14, free shipping! hell ill get that one....

there will still be a gameshop but with a p2p system, i wont put exp pots in it, you can craft exp pots through the alchemy profession anyway, just not 1 click buy option.

im keen to see how people respond.

the huntgold system in place caps at 10 anyway so you cant afk out of SZ, gain 1000 huntgold then kill 1000 mobs, you stop at 10.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I used to save some of my dinner money
Yeah, but those were also the days when I did buy my software too. Those days are now long gone. Also not sure how payments are done in such a case, via paypal? I guess I could go with that but I balked when the original Zircon server required email and never even logged on it (ditto any subsequent editions of it).
Not expecting many to be like me, but at minimum, you will lose those who might log on if it doesn't involve any fuss and maybe stay even if they thought at first to just look around for few levels and be gone.

Wasn't it GN that had levs1-7 free and GP I think was up to level 20. But in those days you could spend a week on level 7 or several weeks on 20 levels, its different now.

Last edited:

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Subscription based systems don't tend to work that well these days anymore. Just take a look at the direction most AAA games have done. In order to survive they have dropped the sub based system because they know that people don't want to feel like they are "locked in" to a single game.

On the other hand you may also notice that some games tend to have a hidden optional sub system. Fortnite for example has an optional sub system that offers massive rewards for buying a battle pass every season. So if you do still thing a sub system is the way forward then you need to make it attractive.

Reactions: KillerMan

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
But in those days you could spend a week on level 7 or several weeks on 20 levels, its different now.

this is what will be happening here... unless your a sadistic hardcore grinder.....

well ill see how the feeling goes and closer to the date ill make a final decision instead of a subscriber system i could run a vip that boaught via gameshop for 30 days and you gain benefits non subscribers get, 5% exp/drop/gold buff, huntgold to 20 cap instead of 10, other perks that are better than playing the free version.

theres a lot i could do. its just what to do :)

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
The problem i have seen in loads of discord chats over the last couple of years is ppl actually say stuff like “I would never pay or donate”

This is infuriating and I find it rude when they say it infront of ppl and GMs to think how cheeky not to even donate something if you are playing for months and enjoying hard work.

When I play a server I like I always buy a mount and some smaller bits coz I appreciate the work and fun.

Knowing the ppl out there and today’s market towards to gamers it’s always advertised as “free to play” with Ingame transactions.

Why don’t you do a poll on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.