EuroReborn (Custom Crystal)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Ive updated the mechanics on how these work due to some feedback.

Im going to change the icons for beastsouls tho, i dont quite like the look.

Changes:

You can now slot ANY beastsoul in ANY insignia but not two of the same type. Each beastsoul that is slotted into its matching insignia (and is worn by the matching class) will "Infect" every other beastsoul (including iteself!) spreading its stat to other souls (regardless of colour)

Ive made a video because its easier than explaing it in words.. Enjoy :)

really pleased with the mechanics behind this now :D

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Ive updated the mechanics on how these work due to some feedback.

Im going to change the icons for beastsouls tho, i dont quite like the look.

Changes:

You can now slot ANY beastsoul in ANY insignia but not two of the same type. Each beastsoul that is slotted into its matching insignia (and is worn by the matching class) will "Infect" every other beastsoul (including iteself!) spreading its stat to other souls (regardless of colour)

Ive made a video because its easier than explaing it in words.. Enjoy :)

really pleased with the mechanics behind this now :D

THIS

I had same idea using "Alchemy" from Metin2 .... but its not everyone's cuppa tea.
This is fresh, like it!

• Love
Reactions: Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
spent the afternoon redesigning and reorganising the quests system.

There are quite a few different catagories, from General, Daily, Repeatable and Story-Line, but ive also added Quests for all 13 professions + dailys for them.

there are 3 different EXP rewards, GatheringQuests reward Gathering Experience for that particular profession So a Mining Quest will reward Mining Exp etc. Then we have CraftingExperience which works the same as gathering. and lastly anything that doiesnt fit into the other 2 catagories rewards CharacterExperience.

The exception to above is once you max a profession by getting it to level 50, all exp gained after that is transfered to CharacterExperience.

Crafting Quests will be asking you to craft certain items, when you craft these items you will gain the exp as if you had crafted the item but you wont gain the item, the item instead will go into your quest bag and be used for the quest.

E.G MasterCarpenter offers a DailyQuest for beginners to craft him 3 WoodenSwords, Once you have the mats goto the CraftingQuarter, Find the CarpentersBench, Craft WoodenSwords... The first 3 will go into your QuestBag (if you have room!) once the quest is complete any other WoodenSwords you craft will go into your usual bag.

1578581410327.png

A lot of the quests arnt written yet as that my least favourite thing and ill probably do it once everything else is done...

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Sanj just a question, do you make your own maps, or use whats already out there

As always, really sexy stuff you are doing :)

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
thank you @IceMan appreciate the merge bypass :D

*** IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ***

I have taken a massive move here and im going to make my server a subscription based server.

i have done this for 2 reasons.

1. To help pay for the running of the server which will be dedicated and hosted by ovh, it will also pay for the server listing on lomcn and advertising also on lomcn.

This also means the GameShop wont need to stock items players have to buy. I do actually have a huntgold system in place that works very similar to how jamie did it on zircon, so just playing the game will get you game gold anyway.

2. To keep idiots away from the server. i cba with catering to carebear players and those who just want to ruin the game for other people. if your a subscriber it shows me your keen to play on a server thats free from corruption and has no interest in selling levels or items in the game shop.

you will also be paying to play on a server hosted by me... and only me, no one else will ever have access to the files or a GM account.

the subscription covers the account and is active for BOTH chars you can create, accounts are limited to 2 characters.

the server will be free to play up to a point (still to be decided) and then after this time you will need to subscribe.

how im going to implement it is still to be decided but currently it can be done in game via npc commands which in turn can then be ported over to an item you can buy from the gameshop.

i know this decision is going to keep people away and im happy with that, no ones done a subscription based server ( that ive played ) since euro. so if it works and keeps the server running then great, if not, then ive learnt something.

i just dont have the heart to put out a 5 min server and make a quick buck....

The price im looking at is between £3-5 for 30 days. I want to go for £3 and if enough players subscribe 30+ then thats great as it will cover the costs.

like i say, this wont please everyone and your welcome to leave your comments here as always.

and before i even go any further, i will also be a subscriber.

View attachment 22176
@Sanjian To be honest this is a great idea please stick with it

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Sanj just a question, do you make your own maps, or use whats already out there

As always, really sexy stuff you are doing :)

No i dont have the skill that @Chalace has when it comes to map making, i use whats available, i spend hours scanning clients (mir2/mir3) looking for maps that suit my needs lol

Although this time round its fairly easy as the maps are pretty easy to find...

The one thing i do do tho, is i edit the maps and add my own lights, ive got a pretty sexy WT set of maps that i found in a .pak version of mir somewhere, but it had no lights, so i just edited it and then i use that. except the KR which had lights but i didnt like them, so i deleted them and added my own.

i also edit them to have fishing attributes if i need them.

The doors have blue lights on them that is subtle but makes them stand out, andf the stairs going down have a brighter yellow light again just to stand out from the torches

Image 39.Jpeg

Image 40.Jpeg

Image 41.Jpeg

I was going to post about another little feature i added which is just a message about changing maps that i thought would be pretty cool.

Image 38.Jpeg

Image 36.Jpeg

Image 37.Jpeg
Post automatically merged:

@Sanjian To be honest this is a great idea please stick with it
i would love too, but lets see how it pans out in the beginning, if i get too many people just irritating me then i will lol :)

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Yeah I was going to do something similar with maps (the transition titles for maps)

also the lighting makes a huge difference, looks class :)

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
The one thing i do do tho,

7abacb5d3b8667a14a6df594dbd6fc02.jpg

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
This looks cool, but the placement should be at center top, not middle. Imagine a guild fight going off which involves popping in and out of the same door, and you've got this popping up on your screen every time.

this is a good point about the in and out of doors, im going to alter it so that if you move to the map were on before you moved again this wont show up, so it wont show up if you go in and out of shops in say bw

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
ended up changing my minimap after discovering some files on the forums, didnt realise png's worked so well on these files >.<

anyway old one was this
1578671700961.png

new one is this
1578671660282.png

you can hover the timeofday to see the effects the time of day is having on the server

1578671744528.png

once im nearly ready ill be sorting out the timeofday settings so that on every evening between 6pm and 12pm it will be nighttime. that way those that work and can only play for limited hours will benefit form the server being at its highest exp rate.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
ended up changing my minimap after discovering some files on the forums, didnt realise png's worked so well on these files >.<

anyway old one was this
View attachment 22227

new one is this
View attachment 22226

you can hover the timeofday to see the effects the time of day is having on the server

View attachment 22228

once im nearly ready ill be sorting out the timeofday settings so that on every evening between 6pm and 12pm it will be nighttime. that way those that work and can only play for limited hours will benefit form the server being at its highest exp rate.

I love the day, night cycle feature-ette.
I planned to do something like this but with caves, so you'd enter OmaCave during the day it'd be normal, but during the night it'd have Voidlings in the cave (they were in itself part of a bigger feature)
But I scrapped it as that feature started to get out of hand xD

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
Issue with a sub is in one place £3 is a pint

In others it's a week of food

Gold sellers are a big part of successful servers, i think a subscription would take a lot of these off of your server.

I'd be willing to but ik off the top of my head a lot who won't

Gl with w.e way you decide

ChaseyLane

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
instantly put off by pay 2 play in all honesty, its a 20 odd year old game, WoW subscription isnt much more, if it has a user count like euro did then maybe yes people will pay for it, but mir is far too dead imo now to start charging for it, also theres alot of servers due out or out that dont charge to play, the files and the work done does look good though, if it wasnt for pay to play then i'd have tried, good luck with your server

Status
Not open for further replies.