EuroReborn (Custom Crystal)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
"A MythicalMysticalDragon has spawned". Thats quite a mouthful lol
lol i know :(

was added in LOF for the Awakening system which has changed and uses something i called DragonForging... so i spawn dragons of different rarities that drop the rarity of item you need to use depending on your item...

hindsight is a wonderful thing lol

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I have been working on more features for the server, the main one today has been the completion of the 3 Conquest zones available.

SabukWall
CastleGi-Ryoong
BichonWall

BichonWall can be by far the most profitable so it is the hardest to actually gain.

SabukWall is a king of the hill conquest (control a zone till the time is up)

CastleGi-Ryoong and Bichon Wall are Control Point Conquests.

CastleGi-Ryoong has 3 flags and BichonWall has 5.

in order to claim CGR or BW you will need to take the majority of control points and own them at the end of the conquest.

ALL conquests are 1 hour long.

CastleGi-Ryoong is Wednesday 8PM UK time
SabukWall is Friday 8PM UK time
and BichonWall is Saturday 8PM UK time.

A guild can only own 1 Conquest Location and are unable to start a conquest in another zone.

Conquests are started how were used to, using items:
SabukWall is a ZumaRelic, dropped from ZT and ZT mobs on a rare chance
CastleGi-Ryoong is a BlackDragonRelic dropped from any BlackDragon mob
BichonWall requires a BichonWallDeed whos location is unknown....

Each town has its respective [ Conquest Organiser ] who will oversee your needs and each town has its own [ Administrator ] they will deal with the guilds settings such as tax rates on shops, withdrawing fund to the guild bank etc. There are NO ARCHERS/GUARDS/WALLS/DOORS its all purely a PvP event.

Each town will have its own perks, which im still deciding on, but BW is going to be the most lucrative due to the traffic.

Guilds will have a member cap of 10 members at creation and will unlock a new member slot for each level the guild obtains up to a total of 20 members

There will be no StarterGuild.
Image 8.Jpeg
Image 9.Jpeg
Image 11.Jpeg
Image 12.Jpeg
Image 13.Jpeg
Image 14.Jpeg

and to finish off i finally managed to get monsterimages linked to my announcement chats to make the phase boss announcements abit more dynamic ^^
Image 15.Jpeg
Image 17.Jpeg

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
So I didnt like that Yin/Yang devilnodes dont actually do much, its a bit of a naff mob, and most people have left them.

So i wanted to improve them some. YinDevilNodes now buff AMC and YangDevilNodes now buff AC, on default they buff ac or dc but tbh i cant actually tell if it works.... so ive changed them to utilise the taoists SS and BA, they will affect a target and any around it just like SS and BA.

These buffs are added to the top AC and not the bottom so they are not impossible to kill but your luck will play an important role in fighting in OmaGorge.

they also now no longer spam their attack and will buff approximatly every 30 seconds or so.

As always a naff video for you to enjoy ^^

I too thought this, I implemented them into my story a while back, not as a buff just purely cosmetic in the story

your buff idea is good 👍🏻 You see similar things on games like POE where certain maps have this aura admitting buff to aid your fighting.

tripitaka

LOMCN n00bie
Aug 26, 2013
can anyone tell me is the game up and running as i like to play if so can you put up down load link please (y)

Soulspring88

LOMCN Member
Jan 22, 2018
Barnsley, UK
will there be body drops from PK even if it's just a low chance..trying to figure out which of the 3 upcoming servers I want to play and this is a big factor of the fun for me

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Some more updates,

Have had some great fun today reworking SUB AI, ive added in a chat function that some mobs will spurt out chat during a fight, which is random to a degree, you will see some repeats.

so far each sub has had a work over and its AI has been redone:

OmaWarrior (just altered it to fit the phase system)
BoneElite (New AI and attacks)
Ghoul (New AI and attacks)
GiantKeratoid (just altered it to fit the phase system)
WoomaGuardian (New AI and attacks)
EvilTongs (New AI and attacks)

These new changes i dont think are majorly difficult (they will be if your using basic kit) but they will bring about added challenges your not used to and will trigger system in place your not used to, such as cleansing poisons, utilising more added stat kit to produce gem effects like venom/burning.

dealing with burst damage from some mobs will prove very tricky considering you cant spam pots, potions (HP/MP) trigger a server side timer that stops you spamming them, this is inline with my idea of making the server difficult.

Still left to do is: WEB, RTZ, EA, WT, EC, ZT, RME, BL, MTK, OK, OKS, KS, IWT, KH, IZT, DD and the new subs/bosses for the new zones ive added, CinderBeast, TerraCaptain, TerraLord, OrcChampion, Collossus, OrcLorc.

Ive have about 80% of them done on paper with what i want achieved. Im hoping the changes will bring about a fresh feel to familiar monsters without changing it completely and you lose that euro feel... time will tell

a few screenies, i didnt want to do a video as it will give away too much of the ai mechanics

Image 18.Jpeg
Image 20.Jpeg
Image 21.Jpeg
Image 23.Jpeg
Image 26.Jpeg
Image 30.Jpeg

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I really like the idea of phase mechanics. Certainly makes fights more interesting, hopefully you create some cool ones, and will be good to see the outcomes.

"A MythicalMysticalDragon has spawned". Thats quite a mouthful lol

It's like the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan of the Mir world :P

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Hey Sanjian,

I've been a lomcn lurker for the past few years playing maybe two-three servers in that time. Great to see you still working on servers - those sub boss mechanics look awesome! I have a feeling some subs might be actually be alive for a change if there not easily rolled ;D

I'll be watching this space!

Reactions: Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Hey Sanjian,

I've been a lomcn lurker for the past few years playing maybe two-three servers in that time. Great to see you still working on servers - those sub boss mechanics look awesome! I have a feeling some subs might be actually be alive for a change if there not easily rolled ;D

I'll be watching this space!
ive added mainly new types of attakcs for the subs with some mini mechanics added to them.

the biggest one today so far was woomataurus who is a 3 stage boss, really really nasty bugger tbh ^^

Reactions: Seanofsmeg

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
This morning i started working on the Cooking Profession, i have all the player based meal in, just need to do the mount food and companion snacks which wont take long.

the biggest thing here is showing off the cooking perk bonuses. cooking can become very important, especially in boss fights and the need for extra stats.

a quick over view is that you can cook health/mana/ac/amc/aspeed meals using ingredients found through skinning and fishing (freshwater, seawater and dungeon fishing)

perk level 10 - can cook food with added stats (increases with cooking level)
perk level 30 - consumed food can affect group members (chance increases on cooking level [once level 50 this effect is guaranteed])
perk level 50 - uses less ingredients with a chance to only use 50% of ingredients when cooking. also converts cooking exp into player exp at a 4x rate.

heres a video, a bit long winded but for those who are actually interested, enjoy. Also shown is the buff extended mechanic and the lower buff protection mechanic.

Netskee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 17, 2013
Loughborough, UK
Just a quick thought. Are there things that can only be achieved by doing everything you've added. I see alot of new ideas being introduced to this server and think that some things can only be realistically achieved by following every quest to gain the stats needed. I hope that with the amount of new features this server is adding that there is an extended beta or that you really know what you're doing

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Just a quick thought. Are there things that can only be achieved by doing everything you've added. I see alot of new ideas being introduced to this server and think that some things can only be realistically achieved by following every quest to gain the stats needed. I hope that with the amount of new features this server is adding that there is an extended beta or that you really know what you're doing

im not entirely sure what you mean. I test extensivly most of the features i put in place, and then i try to break them as best i can, i then look at the features and find ways of exploiting it, if i cant break it or exploit it then i move on to the next feature.

the 13 professions have been tested ove the past 6 months by myself and my brother who connects remotly to help test.

there will be a beta. i was originally going to do beta in phases, so week 1 would be about testing profession, then week 2 would be drops, week 3 bosses etc etc, but ive tested most of it and have fixed things that need fixing, the things that are likely to change could be things like spell damage adjustments, but thats not a beta change, players wont play a beta the way they would play a live server. so the best way to actually evolve the server is through the live release.

so ill do a beta and just get people to break as much as they can if they can.

there will also be a reward system in place which will reward players with GameGold(HuntGold) for issues they report, the amount rewarded will be based on how sever the issue is thats reported. This GG will then be given to them when its live, the GS will not be open during the first 2 weeks of live, but players will be able to accumilate HuntGold.

ill post more details about the GG beta reward system once im closer to a suitable beta release.

i have a todo list thats actually getting shorter now.

If there is anything about the server that your not sure about im keen to here about them and explain as best i can.

The trouble is this thread is over 30 pages long and no one is repared to go through 30 pages just to see the features of the server, and a server add is going to be massive if i try to explain all the features. so i have tried to create basic quests that explain alot of the features, for example EVERY professions master has a intro quest that asks you read there explanation about the profession, if a player chooses to accept the quest, not read the explanation and just complete it then its their fault.

no ones new to mir but the features ive put in place that are new i have tried to explain it in laymans terms as best as i can :)

when the server goes live i want as little to do with the server as possible and just want to be able to play it. i doubt ill do in game GM events. i probably wont even do events like easter/valentines/christmas. I was there hunting hens on euro the day the server was destroyed... for me events are not worth the pain it takes to make them... but maybe im just old and kantakerous.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
As the polish gets thick and refined into a shiny boot I'm still concerned about lvls being controlled, the highest lvls generally on privates eventually ruin the PvP experience as a whole. Also those fast tracking ahead of everyone else, even going faster than what you deem a fast pace will be the ones demanding more content and things to do from server creator as they've essentially figured out whats optimal and have no PvP contest.

- Is there going to be a rest XP feature in this game to act as a small "counter" to people who appear to not have a job
- Are your areas all worth the grind or are some very optimal for groups, which need to be PvP contested over but never end up getting hassled much because if you're in "the lead" in a Private server any hassle is rare asf.
- Are any of your areas going to be too easy for Wizards, we all know the history of past Mir 2 servers, Wizard finds Past Bichon or a "thunderstorm paradise", Wiz is high/highest lvl and loaded with gold.

Different topic -
Same problem on Valk's server too but what is the deal with Energy Shield for Taoists being at such a high lvl, a skill, which determines whether a Taoist is bursted down or not is essentially reserved for only the commited/no life Taoist (factoring in the rarity of the book, this is pretty much top guilds only Tao reserved).

IMO this goes against PvP concepts, if you're the top Tao on the server, you stay alive (if you're any good!), if you're an average Tao, go die, probably faster than a Wizard as he can spam what we all know as a pretty decent mitigation shield all day.

I'm asking the big questions here, servers are only "fun and wonder" for a limited time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.