EuroReborn (Custom Crystal)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Just to throw in an idea. Once you have bought hosting, does it make any cost difference if you host one or two mir servers on it? You could make a high rate version for those who like it and low rate for others?

If there was this choice, I think I would choose low rate since I don't spend too much time playing and on low rate you don't feel like the whole field has left you in the dust before long. I think the crafting & professions thing really fits only low rate but perhaps could be played on high rate too?

Whether you play low rate or high rate, there is ALWAYS players who go full out and will get ahead...it's how it is.

Splitting the server into 2 rates is pointless and a waste of time. He has built the server seemingly around the crafting system and to give a wide variety of content throughout a slow progression of levels...when i say "Slow" I don't mean "0.50% in a week" it's pretty reasonable as any other server deemed as low rate these days.

Just simply bumping the rates will do nothing but burn through the content within a month because it's not been designed around it., and then you will all stop playing anyway.

Bending over for these entitled little princesses is what kills servers and causes them to reboot into v2 and v3 all the time (That, and greed lol). Play the server he creates and give constructive, decent feedback based on what the server is...stop trying to bring entitled ideas and changing the server from what the creators want them to be, because it's got boring now.

Most people, including myself don't even bother with Mir now because the complaining is almost straight out the gates of the server opening, or even before during testing because the server isn't tailoring to their very special and precious entitled little needs. I played OldSkool for about 3 hours before complaining started...promptly left the server and discord lol.

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
Imo it’s about getting into a routine before/after hunting, salvaging your items and making your pots will literally take 5mins to sort out.
I also think the lvling won’t be that much of a grind, the grind is going to be making your items as it’s not just about bossing(great for solo ppl) And lvling your professions to seee what kind of adds you get from crafting.
If you want it easy then yeah your best not playing but how long have ppl said they have wanted a challenge?

Good work sanj ✌️

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I think some ppl get the term “High rate” mixed up in terms of what it should represent.

Some think high rate is purely based on how quickly you achieve levels....which is fine except if there isn’t content at the end it’s a waste of time racing there.

For instance I can create a server and have it as level50 and make it last a year to achieve and ppl would say it’s low rate...so? I multiply all the values by 4 making it “appear fast paced” so your level 200 in a year?

I havnt done anything other than multiply everything by 4.

The best course of action is making a server enjoyable from the get go, what are you playing for? A race to end game? Or to enjoy Mir with some extra bits you’ve never seen before?

If you like crafting/gathering/grinding and something with a challenge your gonna like this server. If you like smashing out all the content “not reading any of the quests” skipping everything and staying up late with 2 cases of redbulls to be first to get end game, I’m sure you won’t enjoy it.

Reactions: Pete107 and deano13

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I wonder how many low rate guardians around here played LoF

Yeah, inevitably pple pull up ahead on any rate server but on low rate it is not practically the whole server population that does it. I happen to be content to play solo and by that I mean, I can play even while hardly seeing anybody around, in caves empty of pple, not just soloing subs, bosses. But the big issue is trading/buying items.

On high rate, before long, items for your level are not being traded anymore or hardly so. And it is hard to fend for all your needs without buying something off TM. And I've been in both positions, high level haves and low level have nots. Typically TM setup bumps off low level items due to expiry and after a while, you stop bothering relisting them, that is if you even can due to item # limit on TM.

Also on low rate, you have some chance to stay on ranking list, even if somewhere on the tail of it. But nobody seems to understand importance of that, typically only the top twenty are listed.

Reactions: deano13

millar333

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 21, 2018
In ziron , the summon skill lvup by Hit the monster with a skeleton .
I created a tao to lvup from lv1 .And i find the book is too less.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
You need to brand it a rate, more because its to flag what kind of effort / reward there is going to be required to properly 'progress'.

High Rates tend to be a lot faster paced, you can get items in hours on there, what might take days-weeks on a med/low rate.

Personally, it doesn't matter what rate a server is as long as you constantly get those nuggets of 'feel good' reward moments (which is actually a lot harder to achieve consistently on a low rate server), until the eventual amazing drop when you get the "OMFG SHITWHAT ITEMS IS THAT ON THE FLOOR" then you pick it up and stare at it in your bag for 5 minutes.

I think the profession systems on EuroReborn and a plethora of other features will allow those feel good moments without having just to be the obvious drop ones; and also keep you occupied for longer, as if you are just left to consistently grind, without breaking it up with other things, it gets lack luster.

millar333

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 21, 2018
The Tao's skill spiritsword has no effect as "also adds to your SC based on you DC"". I have Lv3 skill ,but does not add any SC effects.Can you checek it .@Sanjian .

Attachments

• before.png
    before.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 4
  • after.png
    after.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 5
  • lv3 skill.png
    lv3 skill.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
it doesn't matter what rate a server is as long as you constantly get those nuggets of 'feel good' reward moments
Very much true, but doesn't have to be amazing drop, I recall server where I had to buy light armour because it just wouldn't drop for me even when I was way overdue for it. Also got to me when I couldn't get skill books for under level 28 which otherwise dropped galore in mines, just not for my warrior. You can buy it but I really expect to be able to get at least low level items in drops myself.

I recall lower rate server when I was lev20, I stopped in a cave and thought, what the hell am I doing here. I might as well have been playing default crystal files 'off the shelf' for all I could tell, and I logged off on that spot, never to return. Why rake us over the mundane starting levels at relatively slow rate to get to the new stuff maybe at lev30+ or even later.

Last edited:

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Very much true, but doesn't have to be amazing drop, I recall server where I had to buy light armour because it just wouldn't drop for me even when I was way overdue for it. Also got to me when I couldn't get skill books for under level 28 which otherwise dropped galore in mines, just not for my warrior. You can buy it but I really expect to be able to get at least low level items in drops myself.

I recall lower rate server when I was lev20, I stopped in a cave and thought, what the hell am I doing here. I might as well have been playing default crystal files 'off the shelf' for all I could tell, and I logged off on that spot, never to return. Why rake us over the mundane starting levels at relatively slow rate to get to the new stuff maybe at lev30+ or even later.

I suppose as long as the content is new and obtainable, that was my downfall, I created so much early content, that was never gained as it was that rare, people would tend to see it appear after the majority surpassed its requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.