EuroReborn (Custom Crystal)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I think some ppl get the term “High rate” mixed up in terms of what it should represent.

Some think high rate is purely based on how quickly you achieve levels....which is fine except if there isn’t content at the end it’s a waste of time racing there.

For instance I can create a server and have it as level50 and make it last a year to achieve and ppl would say it’s low rate...so? I multiply all the values by 4 making it “appear fast paced” so your level 200 in a year?

I havnt done anything other than multiply everything by 4.

The best course of action is making a server enjoyable from the get go, what are you playing for? A race to end game? Or to enjoy Mir with some extra bits you’ve never seen before?

If you like crafting/gathering/grinding and something with a challenge your gonna like this server. If you like smashing out all the content “not reading any of the quests” skipping everything and staying up late with 2 cases of redbulls to be first to get end game, I’m sure you won’t enjoy it.

If i see a "high rate" and all the spell levels are the same, with nothing new to the server...I skip it. It means all they've done it boost the numbers and half arsed the job. So you can get to Lv.40+ in a day...big deal?

You can brand a server "low rate" and take 6 months to reach Lv.22...but what if being Lv.22 you had every skill available? Would it matter that you're Lv.22? No...just makes all the numbers small. But it also usually means some thought has gone into the speed at which the creator wants you to progress through the server because the exp tables/mobs/stats/spells etc have all been changed and tailored to their server.

From what i've seen on this forum, high rate is simply an excuse to be lazy. Just changing 2 things. The exp of mobs, and the stats of players. This typically results in completely unbalancing the server, more so than normal and stupidly high numbers that brings back stupid systems like Rebirth and repetitive use of item skins. Rebirth may as well be known as the "I have no content left, go and level over and over"

Decent servers won't give rates, but every server will state them because it's required to do so as everyone always asked. Low Rate usually means a bit more thought has gone into them in my eyes...High rates means i skip them lol.

Tomo8281

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 19, 2020
Hi all,

A friend and I are looking for a Mir 2 server to casually play on. Happy with the grind (reading this post it seems low rate which suits us). However last time i played Mir (AGES ago), i dont remember assassins or archers? How much is Euroreborn from the original class mir experience?

Also seems like it's in beta - whens the full release :)?

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Hi all,

A friend and I are looking for a Mir 2 server to casually play on. Happy with the grind (reading this post it seems low rate which suits us). However last time i played Mir (AGES ago), i dont remember assassins or archers? How much is Euroreborn from the original class mir experience?

Also seems like it's in beta - whens the full release :)?

I saw your other post. If you're looking for a classical experience, this server is the best choice. There are two new classes (three actually but I don't think the Monk is implemented here), I personally don't like them that's why I stick with the taoist.

This server has all the good stuff from the "classical" mir with a lot of new stuff to make it more enjoyable.

Tomo8281

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 19, 2020
I saw your other post. If you're looking for a classical experience, this server is the best choice. There are two new classes (three actually but I don't think the Monk is implemented here), I personally don't like them that's why I stick with the taoist.

This server has all the good stuff from the "classical" mir with a lot of new stuff to make it more enjoyable.

Thanks Alecs - really appreciate your reply.

So EuroReborn seems great, currently in BETA so is it worth starting now? Has it got a better playerbase than Chronicles which we were going to try out? :)

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Thanks Alecs - really appreciate your reply.

So EuroReborn seems great, currently in BETA so is it worth starting now? Has it got a better playerbase than Chronicles which we were going to try out? :)

There's gonna be a wipe after the beta so unless you want to try it out to check how things are I'd recommend you to wait until it goes live.

You can see the player base here. Chronicles is waaaay more populated right now, 62 vs 2 users, but Chronicles is live and this one is in beta. I don't know how the UC will be once it goes live. According this poll there's enough people interested.

You can try Chronicles and if it doesn't suit you, you can try EuroReborn.

I almost forgot, you should read this post about the subscription model on EuroReborn.

mirman118

LOMCN Member
Dec 19, 2014
The usercount will beat chronicles to start off. But it will dwindle down to around the same amount, maybe slightly more i think. I just hope people give it a good go because if so the pvp will be awesome as stupidly high stat servers are always unbalanced. Could be a amazing server we will see!

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
Sanjian said:
Added in Class Specific Stat bonus chances for Crafted Items - ADDED

is this based on the type of item (ie. dc items like dragon ring will have more chance to add stats that benefit war/sin like dc rather than sc/mc ?)

...or based on the class restrictions of the item (ie. Tao only items have more chance to add stats that benefit taos)

...or based on the class of the character that crafts the item?

I would see people focussing on levelling up one character with crafting professions as it will take so long to level... so if my main character is a warrior for example and has high crafting skills I may want to make items for a second character (or to sell on the market place)... it would kinda be annoying if the items he makes are more likely to be dc items if I'm trying to craft wizzy items

so hopefullly its based on item type/ item class

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
if an item doesnt have a required class it will use warriors class as default
Generally speaking, are there even items which are restricted to warrior class only? Can't recall any right now but maybe there are some. Even if there are some, it goes to show how the game favors non-warrior classes.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Generally speaking, are there even items which are restricted to warrior class only? Can't recall any right now but maybe there are some. Even if there are some, it goes to show how the game favors non-warrior classes.
all weapons lvl 15+ which dont have mc/sc are warrior only weapons (apart from sin and archer), armours are warrior only armours (heavy/iron/steel)

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Thanks, I recall many servers where it was like I said in my post. Everybody could equip any armour if he had level for it, which in practice meant, tao & wiz class benefited, warrior benefit was only in looks, with heavy stat sacrifice/useless stats. Same for weapons, not speaking of jewelry.
As it is, too many classes benefit from native warrior stats and it is one way street. Nice to see you did something about it, even if maybe only partially. But that's as it may be.

Looking at your subscription summary post, the biggest hit from my point of view will be 'dailies', followed by gemming and mounts. The daily quests seems to me a bit harsh. Also somewhat disappointed with the subscription buffs but those are prostituted on all servers in memory, bar none.
On second thought, you had to give is some teeth so it can bite :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: Geniusnoob

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
Thanks, I recall many servers where it was like I said in my post. Everybody could equip any armour if he had level for it, which in practice meant, tao & wiz class benefited, warrior benefit was only in looks, with heavy stat sacrifice/useless stats. Same for weapons, not speaking of jewelry.
As it is, too many classes benefit from native warrior stats and it is one way street. Nice to see you did something about it, even if maybe only partially. But that's as it may be.

Looking at your subscription summary post, the biggest hit from my point of view will be 'dailies', followed by gemming and mounts. The daily quests seems to me a bit harsh. Also somewhat disappointed with the subscription buffs but those are prostituted on all servers in memory, bar none.
Why do you write essays? Lol

The sub is £5, if you play for that month u paid for you will probs triple the amount of HG needed for the next month. Gaining exp every 5 mins and quests gives you HG for freee.....
If you came into game an looked at the GS you would see why the sub is in place.

theduke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2006

******* freeloaders eat a bowl of dicks and do one.

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
Any link to dl the actual server files? I hate waiting hours because the auto patcher only downloads 1 file at a time ;)

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I seriously wanted to give this a go.

Then i saw this, vomitted a little bit in my mouth and laughed out loud.

Good Luck lol.
Post automatically merged:

Attachments

• lololol.png
    lololol.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.