EuroReborn (Custom Crystal)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I seriously wanted to give this a go.

Then i saw this, vomitted a little bit in my mouth and laughed out loud.

Good Luck lol.
Post automatically merged:
ahh your one of those idiots that think tdb is a core skill for a warrior and didnt play when they didnt have it...

enjoy your games elsewhere :)

:EDIT: to be fair tho lvl 37 max tdb is the same as having no cooldown so your point is moot

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
ahh your one of those idiots that think tdb is a core skill for a warrior and didnt play when they didnt have it...

:EDIT: to be fair tho lvl 37 max tdb is the same as having no cooldown so your point is moot

What would you consider the core skills for a warrior then, if TDB isn't one of them?

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Why do you write essays? Lol
Plainly you're biased, above Pottsy wrote much longer posts, wordy as hell too, but you put thumb up under his post. Point is, if u don't like somebody, you put them down any way you can. Or else you're one of those holy selfappointed server guardian that crop up to douse any sign of critical posts.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
TDB should be a core skill but it should be given a bit of a rework.

An idea that I would have is make it like Muramana off of league of legends, damage is very good above 70% mana, lower up to 40% and lower below 40. This would add skill to a relatively easy class (not saying at all it's that easy in PvP tho!), mana management and bag management.

I am too a bit concerned for Sanjian's opinion on how things should work, I think it would be good to realise that as a creator you can't like absolutely everything and everyone has their own preferences, balance of the game and every classes core mechanics shouldn't probably equal "and after all this work, I love it all!".

Reactions: Wond

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Plainly you're biased, above Pottsy wrote much longer posts, wordy as hell too, but you put thumb up under his post. Point is, if u don't like somebody, you put them down any way you can. Or else you're one of those holy selfappointed server guardian that crop up to douse any sign of critical posts.

I think people have just grown tired of the complaints and "critical posts" aimed at what servers "should have" as opposed to what they do have.

Much like this upcoming TDB argument that is brewing :D Who are we to say TDB doesn't need to have such a vital roll in a Warrior...because other servers have? That's no argument lol. With the introduction of new spells such as Provoke, and some on other classes like Ambush/Back-Attacks for Sin etc...how do we really know what effects all of this will have on the gameplay.

For instance, imagine being Provoked by a Warrior then being slammed in the face by 5x TDB casts lol. Would almost equal to be para'd while they smash you to pieces.

Haven't seen much fighting going on between anyone in testing, so i doubt anyone really knows :D

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
Oh dear 😂😂

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i played to 35 on a warrior(not technically true i borrowed by brothers warrior Soulfoxx) on euro BEFORE tdb was even introduced, we never had that skill, so it is, IMO (after all thats what im biased on) a supplimental skill for warriors.

too many servers have TDB thrashing out with op damage and no restrictions and it has become the modern way for warriors to play, it is not how my warriors will play on my server.

at level 37 its cd is pretty much 1 swing, 1 tdb, 1 swing 1 tdb, so that is plenty good enough.

i also remember getting my TDB dropped from a BigApe in RMV, i have yet to see "leaked euro drop files" that have this in its drop so i dont trust they are legitimate euro drop files.

im not going to argue the toss over tdb should be spammable, slaying should be togglable, CS for sins should be a toggle....

they arnt, they wont. end of :)

Last edited:

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
So then should we take this as a buff for Wizards defense? xD

Out lvl everyone, out repulse everyone, out dura everyone, out farm everyone. Shield, RT's and TT's at the ready, ready, steady, GO-ld! Just private server things!

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Out lvl everyone, out repulse everyone, out dura everyone, out farm everyone. Shield, RT's and TT's at the ready, ready, steady, GO-ld! Just private server things!

As long as Wizards have AoEs, that will always be the case lol...I might suggest a different example :D

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019

Dam you, leave my none healing Taoist alone 😁

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham

I played mir since 1.4 and then spent 3-4 years trying to get TDB when it came out. I was one of the last warriors on Phoenix to get tdb, and I only ended up getting it because someone felt sorry for me and bought it... (by this point is was worth about 500k)

I know life before TDB, and I aint doing it again.

It's a core skill, simply because warriors with it do double the damage than warriors without it. It creates a massive gap between those that have, and those that don't.

Warriors with it can solo bosses and kill people. Warriors without it, can run around with their dick in their hands.

Keeping core skills rare is going to do nothing but create a massive power vacuum between those that have really lucky RNG, and those that either don't, or just don't play as much or are not in a strong guild.

I know you want to "bring back that feeling" but you can do that in loads of other ways.

For instance, imagine being Provoked by a Warrior then being slammed in the face by 5x TDB casts lol. Would almost equal to be para'd while they smash you to pieces.

I wouldn't imagine Provoke would work on players.
If it does, that is retarded.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
You also can't bring back "back in the day" because our expectations have evolved throughout playing multiple mmo's and games in general. If you don't follow advancements that Jamie and Valk have brought forward you're going backwards which AUTOMATICALLY sends the players morale down ("I can't even play in x1600 resolution? barberic!).

This crafting system is brilliant, no denying that but just by overlooking skills and how they work and the "the forced lvling experience" I alreadly know PvP won't be anything special (wiz+tao FAR too efficient) and if a player doesn't want to suffer, they shouldn't go a melee class (UNLESS they can no life keep up by grouping with a wizard/archer/tao).

As long as Wizards have AoEs, that will always be the case lol...I might suggest a different example :D

You sound perfect for a private server developer! full of positive changes derived from experiences with games of the past 20 years and taking on board what has worked on successful Mir's like Chronicles/Marble/Valk that will firmly put Mir as a must play mmo in 2020! xD

Last edited:

theduke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2006
WelshSteel i think you forgot to add "in my opinion" to that garbage cause you dont speak for us.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I know life before TDB, and I aint doing it again.

I wouldn't imagine Provoke would work on players.
If it does, that is retarded.
skills are not difficult to find, rare books are not euro rare, i hated that and have made steps towards stopping it (for example at level 32 you get a class quest that rewards you with TDB so you dont have to struggle to find the skill)

to be fair i was harsh calling you an idiot but im just annoyed at people thinking mir has to evolve to be better than it was...

provoke does not work on players, that indeed would be retarded

warriors are by definition the highest hitting face to face single target class, the assassin may be able to burst damage but a warrior can and should be able to 1-2 shot some players, its about getting those hits in.

week 1 was players level 50 and lvl 3 tdb and week 2 beta saw players level 35 with level 2 TDB, i have not had 1 complaint about the delay on TDB at all from anyone playing the server.... perhaps if you had tested the server instead of just reading and jumping to a conclusion it would have benefitted both of us?

quite a few players who normally main a warrior have said its difficult, thats good the server is supposed to be hard and even loyal warriors have said they will play assassin, thats mainly because they dont want to grind to the higher levels, thats their choice and thats where those players will lose out at the higher levels when they are struggling to kill bosses with a squishy assassin.

Reactions: Geniusnoob

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
WelshSteel i think you forgot to add "in my opinion" to that garbage cause you dont speak for us.

I hope you enjoy it, I'm just pretty dissapointed that a server of this amount of work is being catered more towards older Mir players and keeping old Mir 2 class balance elements which don't make PvP sense or are horribly binary. There is a lot of information to be had from past mmorpg experiences throughout the years and Chron/Valk/Jamie's Marble to make a Mir 2 server that transcends just keeping the old faithful happy'ish.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
My 2 cents.

I think we all have an opinion in how mir should be played and built but the only way to have your version of mir is to launch your own server.

I see lots of server owners in dated with requests and one that has the attention of the community is going to be more challenging to get a version that everyone will play.

I think instead of focusing on class x or feature x the main thing for me anyway these days is

Who is the gm? (ie is it gonna last more than a few weeks and not sell items for cash)

What type of server is it? For this one it is going to be tough. Your going to need to work for things but there is loads of features such as boss AI and crafting.

Regardless of skill class or feature if that's the type of server your after then your in the right place if not... Well that's up to you :)

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
@smeghead2 Are you going to be playing? Ready to get your ass kicked in triple triad? 💪

Hahaha! Yea ill be playing. Won't be hard griding as I get addicted too easy and focusing on my software skills to get a grad job at the min but I will be there farming chestnuts just to buy triple triad cards haha

• Love
Reactions: Belle and Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i definatly want to organise some TT tournaments during the servers lifecycle, its just finding a way of being able to view the games, could always stream it but getting everyone to streat thier games would be difficult, wonder if i can tap into it using the observer system then stream that ^^

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Aye I know its way down on the priority list but being able to view a game like the way you can view equipped items would be cool :) Just so everyone can see me whoop @Belle butt and take WT card muhaha

• Haha
Reactions: Belle and Sanjian
Status
Not open for further replies.