EuroReborn - The Highest Definition

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004
More power balances? Silences? Burn spread? Speaking from experience where you continually nerfed and rambo turned everything every 5 minutes, it's an off put to think it would happen a 2nd time round...

Honestly was kinda hoping you would stick with what you already knew, just with adding HD quality etc...AI effects are fine as well, but you really don't need to add more extra powers for the player side as it's going to cause much of the same issues.

Otherwise it's looking great, but I would seriously suggest re-thinking about adding more player related powers...tinker with the mobs all you like.

I have to agree with Pottsy.

You have the foundations from the first time round, it was a very good server albeit a few issues, especially balance between classes. I just think it's going to open up a whole can of worms if you start adding things like silence and blind, it'll no doubt complicate things.

You have a lot of people waiting for your server, it looks fantastic and you're turning an old stale game into something that is very refreshing.

A great quote from Winston Churchill seems appropriate: "Perfection is the enemy of progress".

Reactions: Sanjian

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
A great quote from Winston Churchill seems appropriate: "Perfection is the enemy of progress".

...Strifing toward perfection (provided the creator realises there is no such thing) is one of the finest qualities a creator can possess.

It clearly gives Sanjian a drive to think of and add, what I would say, are refreshing combat mechanics that are suitable for a game that prioritises both PvE and PvP equally and I think that should be encouraged or for at least people to have an open mind on the subject.

I don't have to mention...or perhaps I do to those of you who are mindlessly addicted to "the banter", on how aids the Mir discussions on discord are about the state of balance and the usual advantages the Wizard class obtain on ALL SERVERS, that, in a quick summary, aren't populated enough, have mass farming as a priority and have very little counterplay at the end line of the owner's content and item creation.

Without going much into mechanics such as silence and blind, silence would be a very welcomed addition to certain monster's capabilities and AI but if we're talking about class specific skills with this added features or new skills then obviously there needs to be an anaylsis on what makes a good mage in PvP and what is required of other classes to counter their power. Anyway...

With all that said, additional mechanics such as these is a very healthy discussion point in a game that is largely untested in terms of serious mechanics due to low populated playerbase (don't mention china numbers, other games they play dwarf it).

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i want to be very careful with how mechanics play out.

which why ill more than likely stay in beta for a good portion of Q1/Q2 untill things have been fleshed out.

quests and such i doubt will even be in beta testing as ill be testing quests as i add them and therefore wont need to be tested. (this will be kept out of beta on purpose to stop players just gaining quest knowledge advantage during beta)

the poisons in question (blind/silence) are only available to mobs and are not linked to player skills.

bleeding is available to warriors only, burn is available to wizards only, red poison is available to taoists only.

bleeding is stackable but has diminishing returns on its damage value based on its stack count and wont exceed 10 stacks but can be adjusted based on beta feedback, the point of the bleed is mainly to stop hp regen but has a slightly different mechanic to green poison but a similar outcome.

burn is a spreadable poison to enemies in range during each burn tick with X% chance to spread, again this a pretty similar mechanic to green in terms of hp regen mitigation and damage applied.

taoists will be the only class able to on demand remove a poison from a friendly via purification (this no long clears all poisons instantly, instead its success chance is increased and removes 1 random poison from the target)

there are plans for higher level spell variations like a purification aoe spell that will remain on the floor removing poisons each tick while a friendly is in the area.

the main reason for adding more poisons is it helps me be more creative with mob ai.

----

my main issue last time is that i tried to make each class an equal, which is going to be impossible, im not going to reach perfection with class balancing and i dont intend to. each class will excel in different areas and at different times during the gameplay.

i am toying with the idea of a level cap (max level) which will then move the player on to an endgame set of progression which is quite interesting to me.

creating set pieces for classes that improve certain spells or the ability to unlock spells levels beyond lvl 3.

i do like the idea of an endgame content which is what the player will spend most of the time doing. which would mean the journey to say lvl 60/50 w/e it becomes will be much easier and wont take months to level. instead there is the levelling to max level and then the "grind" begins.

i have alot of content still unseen and i have more ideas in the works

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
...Strifing toward perfection (provided the creator realises there is no such thing) is one of the finest qualities a creator can possess.

It clearly gives Sanjian a drive to think of and add, what I would say, are refreshing combat mechanics that are suitable for a game that prioritises both PvE and PvP equally and I think that should be encouraged or for at least people to have an open mind on the subject.

I don't have to mention...or perhaps I do to those of you who are mindlessly addicted to "the banter", on how aids the Mir discussions on discord are about the state of balance and the usual advantages the Wizard class obtain on ALL SERVERS, that, in a quick summary, aren't populated enough, have mass farming as a priority and have very little counterplay at the end line of the owner's content and item creation.

Without going much into mechanics such as silence and blind, silence would be a very welcomed addition to certain monster's capabilities and AI but if we're talking about class specific skills with this added features or new skills then obviously there needs to be an anaylsis on what makes a good mage in PvP and what is required of other classes to counter their power. Anyway...

With all that said, additional mechanics such as these is a very healthy discussion point in a game that is largely untested in terms of serious mechanics due to low populated playerbase (don't mention china numbers, other games they play dwarf it).

It's not that additional mechanics are not welcome, it's that he already has them. He already went through this once, so will have a relatively good idea of the balance of the current powers/changes...but to get to that stage, he had an entire server running and ninja changed them all the time, making the ability to pick kits etc almost impossible. Whilst it was annoying to play, that would have created a good foundation at this point.

Usually it's not such a big issue, but he has crafting...it was time consuming, and once you reached a certain point he ninja'd the stats because it wasn't tested enough. Ultimately it was what led to a lot of people leaving, we kept getting to milestones and he took away all the advantages we put work into.

Adding more will create the same problem...BETA testing as we all know, is not good enough...no one tests anything that doesn't benefit them in live, so although the current ones might work fine, the new ones will go through continual changes and might even effect the older ones, leaving nothing safe from changes that could drastically bend you over the time wasting barrel in crafting again.

By all means, do mob AIs etc, cause that would be cool...and ultimately if you mess up a boss AI, who cares? There's plenty of bosses to kill, and messing up the odd one to get it's balanced correct isn't going to make a whole lot of difference assuming they don't drop game breaking stuff.

i am toying with the idea of a level cap (max level) which will then move the player on to an endgame set of progression which is quite interesting to me.

Levels caps don't work either. Another mistake that people regularly make is they forget that certain dungeons etc didn't exist on the launch of the official servers.

I think it was your server (Could have been someone elses) where you assumed BDD was "impossible" at a certain level and so locked it/nerfed it's exp to make it pointless after we proved you wrong. Viper cave was another done by a different group.

If you want to take control of progression, then it's much simpler. Take control of the maps.

BDD didn't exist from day one. You want people to focus on ZT/WT/ST? Then remove BDD/Fox/RMV. The exp will also be more suitable for that speed of progression.

Then when you're ready...add RMV...then BDD...then Fox etc. Leveling will naturally slow down from this restriction alone. Then once you open them, the people who continued putting in the grind, will keep their advantages, and the exp will naturally increase...not only for the current players, but will also help new players to catch up as well (Which is primarily what BDD etc was for when it was released to begin with).

Hard locking people removes their sense of progression and people quickly get bored.

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
ive completely rewritten the way exp works.

old system was that mob was worth X amount and you got that regardless of your level (unless a higher level than the mob and the setting to have diminishing exp values was set)

with the way ive written it now, the exp you get from a mob is directly linked to your level vs mobs level.

E.G. (not accurate to server but as an example)
ZumaGuardian 2000xp level 40

killing it at level 20 will get you -80% exp for the zumaguardian, but killing it at 38-42 will net 100% exp value. this stop people power grinding higher level mobs for boosting.

groups are now given a mean average based on the level of the players in the group and who is in range at the time of the kill. meaning if your level 50 and your in a group with 3 level 10's you group level is 20 (50 + 10 + 10 + 10 = 80 % 4 = 20) so killing level 40 mobs like the example above would net -80% exp.

the group would be better off being boosted in say BC where you would all get 100% exp value from mobs. untill the group level rises and more areas become viable.

this was done purposly to stop players just grinding higher level areas for exp and also stopped me hard locking areas/maps/dungeons. not everyone is going to like it, but ill never p[lease everyone and i wanted to take a fresh approach to exp distribution and levelling.

the drops are not affected so youll still get the same drop but the exp value just isnt worth it.

the idea of the level cap was to focus more on endgaame which is where players will see the most benefit from progression.

taking experience from already established mmos/rpgs they all have a level cap, and focus more on the game after the level cap is reached.

main story takes you upto the max level and then the game really starts.... again im still in 2 minds about this.

Reactions: Pusha and Martyn

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
The end game is something I've always enjoyed. However, needs to be done right.

My overview of this is have extra caves etc for the base story line and quests and say cap at level 80. Then open your end game from there (personal view). However, by doing so you need to make sure you have the required equipment for said dungeons and caves after this, how would you plan on combating that??

Also would you have a new value that you would have to level up as you progress so that you can then gain entrance to a new "area" / "cave". So let's say Valour as an argument, when you hit 80 you start getting this. How do you plan on leveling that up for new access or items??

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
It's not that additional mechanics are not welcome, it's that he already has them. He already went through this once, so will have a relatively good idea of the balance of the current powers/changes...but to get to that stage, he had an entire server running and ninja changed them all the time, making the ability to pick kits etc almost impossible. Whilst it was annoying to play, that would have created a good foundation at this point.

Usually it's not such a big issue, but he has crafting...it was time consuming, and once you reached a certain point he ninja'd the stats because it wasn't tested enough. Ultimately it was what led to a lot of people leaving, we kept getting to milestones and he took away all the advantages we put work into.

Sounds like a good stab at BETA testing to me, which most if not all server's should be regarded as. You seem to have a cemented stand on upon release here are the rules and don't ever think about devauling my work (regardless of the server's health and lack of player acquisition)

Adding more will create the same problem...BETA testing as we all know, is not good enough...no one tests anything that doesn't benefit them in live, so although the current ones might work fine, the new ones will go through continual changes and might even effect the older ones, leaving nothing safe from changes that could drastically bend you over the time wasting barrel in crafting again.

The BETA's of most companies is largely about bug testing, this ofc only applies to Mir at a small scale because it's not much of a complex operation and obviously dependant on the owner's capabilities, IE Jamie can easily fix a car's punctured tyre going at 100mph (well he made the car+tyre + super passionate coder). Large companies have the man power and money to test things before release that player's would find snags or frustrations with, impossible for Mir.
Mir's BETA's are obviously a test the owner's content, how their ideas have come to play and what is getting exploited in terms to levelling and item acquistion which is always a strong talking point and eventual frustration to many players, discord kicks off easily ;)

Therefore BETA's should be taken super lightly in the grand scheme of things and hopes need to largely rest on the owner's polish. Also, if there was some clever ploy on release to change item acquisition/crafting and a few other things from BETA, that's pretty nice method to make sure the try hards get no concrete advantage

Levels caps don't work either. Another mistake that people regularly make is they forget that certain dungeons etc didn't exist on the launch of the official servers.

Hard locking people removes their sense of progression and people quickly get bored.

Level caps remove the pride and power from those with more time, boredom doesn't come into the equation nor does levelling translate to the ultimate form of progression. Boredom comes from a lack of ideas, content and ultimately, a poor focus on competition and as we've seen from many games and genre's that either don't have levels or have a lvl cap, they are addicted to competitive angles.

Not trying to put words into you're mouth but all I'm deducing from this is that we should be happy that the main competitive angle in Mir is to try and topple players who are literally stronger but in a passive sense (meaning there is far less of an onus on player involved skill or reliance on allies, mmo remember) and that players should themselves strife towards that plateau, in essence it's a cheap form of entertainment and XP pill popping (we can do better donations...).

Just try and keep an open mind on this, I'm tired of the same conclusion that most Mir server's go through, support other ideas and let them shine, please...

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Sounds like a good stab at BETA testing to me, which most if not all server's should be regarded as. You seem to have a cemented stand on upon release here are the rules and don't ever think about devauling my work (regardless of the server's health and lack of player acquisition)

That didn't really make much sense to me...

It's not a cemented stand, it's a proven stand...it's the problem that was caused and seen due to lack of testing. The first edition also had a beta, and he will achieve as much this time round, as he did then, resulting in the same problem.

Sure.,.except it wasn't a beta test, it was a live server...as above, it had it's testing phase and it wasn't until later into the server where problems arose from lack of testing, throwing all the time investment into the bin.

Just try and keep an open mind on this, I'm tired of the same conclusion that most Mir server's go through, support other ideas and let them shine, please...

I have an open mind, and I agree that more ideas are good...but he has them already and from what i've seen is a good foundation from previously, plus the other extras and changes, and mob AIs he's working on.

I'm saying it would be a mistake to re-visit something that plagued the server last time...

Level caps to one side, adding more of these effects like Blinds and Silence is another whole host of balancing that won't be achieved in any beta. Lack of quality testing from beta testing has also been proven on multiple occasions, not just on this server.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Level caps to one side, adding more of these effects like Blinds and Silence is another whole host of balancing that won't be achieved in any beta. Lack of quality testing from beta testing has also been proven on multiple occasions, not just on this server.
this is unfortunatly true for all servers, which is why i test and test again, but with only my opinion to go by its abit biased...

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
I have also removed all locking from the Stun Poison (cant move cant attack etc) the TDB poison itself is a damage amplifier for X amount of time and i feel the ability to stun lock mobs is OP.

I have also added some more poison types, Silence, Blind. a little inspiration from the post i saw on the pheonix server but implemented differently.

Silence will now cause all spells (non melee attacks or empowered auto attacks) a chance to miss. In PvP Spells will always have a chance to miss but in PvE they wont, unless silenced, it is possible to counter this effect but ill let players work out how.

Blind will reduce your chance to hit and only affects Melee hits and empowered autoattacks.

Can remember if i updated you on the Burn but that was given an overhaul as was Bleeding.

Burn will have X chance to pass on to other friendlies nearby both MOB and PLAYERS (that are considered friendly)

Bleeding is now a stacking mechanic, meaning the more bleeds on a target the more damage it will take from bleed, but it is also capped so you cant just stack bleeding on a boss and run away. Currently the only way for players to bleed a target is through the warrior spell Corruption (altered from Red Poison to Bleeding)

All ranged MOBS can cause bleeding on a player, dark pets could be usefull to wizards but they are not so op as before.

Curious about PvP as I'm fascinated by this.

The largest fascination is with "In PvP Spells will always have a chance to miss".

I'm never shy to talk about the state of Wizards range advantages in a game where movement is too easy and tied in with point and click spells it's oppressive until clinically dealt with, so I'm seeing this change with a lot of potential right now, which will too effect Tao's flinch and "annoy" capability, so how is this going to pan out exactly? (+ weighing up the other things quoted).

- Are spells with AoE capability the go to for guarenteed PvP hits or are they also subject to the chance of missing vs players? Personally I feel Lightning and other position spells should be the most ideal choices, forces commitment and should be rewarding.

- Is this in turn making Accuracy and Evasion actually prevalent in a Mir game? Will Wiz and Tao rely too on accuracy? (Might actually open up a lot different stat varations in Mir potentially 😲 )

- What is the priority with Wiz taming? you mentioned Dark pets can apply bleed so that is already a potential annoyance when it comes to a Taoist's Purify rng'ing particular debuffs off among minor other benefits. Are they going to be very important setup practices so the Wiz can be at "full strength" for a PvE/PvP scenerio or are they going to be, like on most servers, an additional layer of benefit to a class that questionably already has too many benefits where they can pretty much rely on themselves. Personally I would love to see Pet's being of some significant need and Wizard's really appreciating a Taoist's upkeep of them.

- How is flinching working with Bleed and Burn? Is it like Green poison or does it flinch? If Wiz's are toned down into a more skillful class then Burn flinching and randomly igniting people might be a cool niche of the class.

- TDB is amplying further damage, to his whole allies I assume as normal, Warrior spreads corruption bleed and amplification, so this annoying tough bug of a class spreading some unique supportive element ( Jarvan IV : "I'm helping! ). With the traditional 3 class system are we going to see a bit of sin love, possibly some skills from them copied over to make them more defining and more skilled (+ health nerfs) or they just gonna continue to be the tough nut that nobody in their right mind would focus first when a strong wizz/tao exist.

Last edited:

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Not glazing over what people have said as some really interesting points have been made but @Sanjian I really like how you're going to handle group play, great ide!

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Level caps to one side, adding more of these effects like Blinds and Silence is another whole host of balancing that won't be achieved in any beta.

Blinds and Silences, only from monsters apparently, has me confused when in tandem with PvP.

Spells, I assume single target/point and click ones, have a chance to miss naturally, when a Wizard/Tao is effected by silence and targets a player will they miss more so? If there are unique mechanics, such as using more reliably accurate spells or even burning yourself or an ally (Ultima Online nerd, 'Cleanse By Fire') and more reliance on Tao's to create a more serious dungeon+boss experience then I'm all for it.

Same thing to Blinds really + more of a use of skills like Blade Avalanche?

If everyone is in the same boat I don't see it as so much of a Balance issue, it's more of a question of how fun, engaging and rewarding the experience will be.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
in PvP all castable spells are matched via acc/agil before mc/amc, regardless of single target or aoe or aoe ticks like firewall. MR and PR will play no part in PvP and will remain a PvE element only. meaning you can never RESIST a taoists poison spell but it could miss...

accuracy will be important for any class looking to engage in pvp, especially wizards (bloodstealer sword +5 acc) because wizards are the only class that dont gain acc via a passive spell.

the same could be said for players looking to avoid damage from spells by building agility, making these stats actually serve a purpose. you could now run through a line of firewall taking no hits.

blind and silence is a PvE only mechanic because by default spells will never miss mobs, unless player is silenced.

pets for wizards will use my highly lengthened tame timers (6-8 hours [max level]) and pets will remain on log out. wizards i feel should be complimented for levelling with pets and with choices of having pets that could bleed/burn/stun/para will make for a choice of getting pets before pvp pre arranged fights.

when i came the the thought of a level cap, my plan would be to have spells that are level based (repulsion/sd/energyrepulsor) have a base 50% success of fail if used on a target of the same level, rather than it just not work,

so 2 lvl 50 wizards could repulse each other but with only a 50% chance.

MagicResistance and PoisonResistance will play much more of an important role in PvE and 1 point in the stat is equal to 2% avoidance completely.

Armour levelling will also see the potential to unlock/improve + spell/skill damage %'s. armour levelling will be utilising the awakening system but customised.

armours may also drop with + skill damage on them and could be worth keeping and levelling given the right set of rng stats.

you might find a +5% firewall damage armour, and levelling it up would increase that to 6%,7%,8% upgrade for 9% and smash it......

i want to introduce alot more rng and luck to the way things can work out, so its not always the best players get the best gear, sometimes someone might just get really lucky
'Cleanse By Fire'
i have purposly ignored this comment as some boss mechanics i have planned will require some out of the box thinking and will need groups to work together! ;)
oh i forgot flinching, poison/bleed/burn ticks do no cause flinch.

Last edited:
Reactions: dici and WelshSteel

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
when i came the the thought of a level cap, my plan would be to have spells that are level based (repulsion/sd/energyrepulsor) have a base 50% success of fail if used on a target of the same level, rather than it just not work,

so 2 lvl 50 wizards could repulse each other but with only a 50% chance.

Well Done Applause GIF by Ian Wright

---------------

Gear wise it's certainly going to be interesting and I very much like that, the itemization choices of Legend of Mir is what I'm a big fan of.

My only issue is the randomness of success attached to everything is going to cause too much luck/bullshit factors for PvP. So for example, if anyone played League of Legends in its first few seasons, you could have over 12% dodge chance boots + 8% dodge trigger which made auto attacker's lives a living hell when it came to levels of commitment (still remember that bs moment I had as the runaway tank 'Singed', 1 auto from dieing, an enemy Ashe missed an auto attack, flashed toward me, missed again, fukin hilarious :ROFLMAO: )

I think I was talking pn forum to @LightBringer or it could of been yourself ( 😅 ) like year or two ago, about Sins having a unique mana bar that is basically a charge up system (exhaust all skills for burst damage via bar, then on cooldown). Would be cool if there could be something of a similar thought process so certain spells could be cast with 100% success to at least promote reserved skill usage.

Examples -
Tao spell 'Sacrifice' (15-30 sec cooldown) - A random pet is sacrficied to the gods to empower your next cast of a certain spell (1 being Purification, removal is guarenteed and removes 2 instead of 1 debuffs).
Wiz spell 'Magic Booster' (reworked, 15-30 sec cooldown) - (retains the lingering buff that increases MC), 2nd buff attachment that remains for 5 seconds that states "your next spell attack has increased accuracy".

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
im a huge fan of LoL so i completely see your arguments.

but as the effects of the game have longer lasting effect than the 40 min game of LoL it has to have more rng.

the tao pet sacrafice is quite a nice idea but its constant, just summopn skele kill it and now you have a stronger spell, its infinate given infinite resources and a spell like that wouldnt work with a long c/d because its not decent enough to have a long c/d.

nothing wrong with ideas though and its something i could look into down the line, atm though i dont want to add new spells untill im happy with the current balance. (ill settle for an 80% community agreement)

im also looking to add special set bonus effects to new set items, just like in other mmos/rpgs

wearing:-
2/5 of the soulset would increase SFB damage by X,
5/5 changes purification form a single target cast to an aoe spell that purifies each tick.

2/4 of the summoners set increases summons pets damage by X or health by X
4/4 summonerset changes summonskele to a different type of skele with different skill sets, like a HM or even a XHM

when ever i add something i always think about how it could be abused, for example like above, player equips set, summons big skele then swops gear, a check would be done and it would just instakill the big skele as the 4/4 set bonus is no longer applicible

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
im a huge fan of LoL so i completely see your arguments.

but as the effects of the game have longer lasting effect than the 40 min game of LoL it has to have more rng.

the tao pet sacrafice is quite a nice idea but its constant, just summopn skele kill it and now you have a stronger spell, its infinate given infinite resources and a spell like that wouldnt work with a long c/d because its not decent enough to have a long c/d.

nothing wrong with ideas though and its something i could look into down the line, atm though i dont want to add new spells untill im happy with the current balance. (ill settle for an 80% community agreement)

im also looking to add special set bonus effects to new set items, just like in other mmos/rpgs

5/5 changes purification form a single target cast to an aoe spell that purifies each tick.

4/4 summonerset changes summonskele to a different type of skele with different skill sets, like a HM or even a XHM

when ever i add something i always think about how it could be abused, for example like above, player equips set, summons big skele then swops gear, a check would be done and it would just instakill the big skele as the 4/4 set bonus is no longer applicible

See I had a similar idea of set bonuses doing that, and items drop randomly as set items (similar to how added items drop now)
So you could get a ruby ring part of a multitude of sets, so you didn't have to specifically build specific items to complete a set, you just had to get the right set roll on each item you wanted to use

unfortunately hadn't had time to look at best way to implement it, just starting to come back to mir developer side this next month :)
edit: but looking over what you're doing, all seems great what you've done and working on!

Hope I have more time for release or even beta to have a look around at what you've been working on

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
oh i hadnt thought of items being randonly added as a set piece, sounds interesting.

i dont know how that would be implemented, i cant see why when an item drops its assigned a set instead of it being done in the db, just modify it when it drops. the thing i like about these files is that anything i want to do, can be done. one way or another

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016

Cool!
This is what made the mmo Lineage 2's itemization so appealing, even adding enchantment level bonuses to gear. Every wearable item needed to be at +6 or higher for these extra bonuses, Armor has a chance to downgrade or completely break after +4 which automatically keeps the enconomy and play hunger for power going non stop. Ultimately it can be seen as a gold sink or time waste for most people with too much time on their hands, giving a boost and chance to newer players. (just swinging this, too much time on my hands 😅 )

1641993044796.png

True, I was being very reserved. For one it's not a reactive thing to do IE seeing a party member frozen by a Wiz, kill skele and cast Purify, that's not really reactive it would be pre-emptive so there's better ideas, depends on what added strength would be given to other spells but an unnecessary talking point I was just trying to get a message across in regards to clinical skill expression to the natural mechanics of a game where most or all skills can completely miss.

Passively negating a skill completely is essentially a PvP nightmare, it wouldn't exist say on a fighting game, what visually connects does in fact connect unless there was a reason via a mechnical feature to why that move doesn't connect which will be connected to player input. Passively dodging an attack (without player input) isn't player vs player it's just the system randomly playing out to a player's advantage or disadvantage, this is why dodge was removed from LoL and only now exists in Jax's E ability which is entirely player input and has the player decide when to expend a key move that is crucial to Jax's attack/defense.

Obviously it's an mmorpg, things work a bit differently, so sometimes people decide to be in as much agility as possible, that is a sacrifice of stats that they could of spent into more power etc , therefore that person deserves to be given the rng on whether an opponents move connects or not, it's not the most ideal form of PvP but it's good enough.
Then, there's the risk/reward factor that players have to make, precious items can drop, boss rights opportunities lost. If a player is low and is say, 1 SFB away from dieing, they will likely pop the RT/DE scroll, so yes you're right in the sense that more rng is good but imo it's not entirely correct. Using a Sun potion works everytime, there is no rng involved, with how big a Warrior's health pool is, the amount of luck required to take them down will be absurd if well geared and the amount of skill for them to stay intact in a fight is going to be super low.

All I'm saying is, there needs to be just a little bit of that element of commitment and sacrifice within the combat system itself instead of me wearing an asburdly high accuracy set (that 1 tracks me stat wise!) so there's at least someone in party who can flinch and guarentee damage that almost invincible end game geared Warrior.

Sorry I come with the wall of texts, It means I'm attached to the potential I'm seeing 😅 Also I'm trying my best to refrane myself from talking about Sun potions, someone limit these damn things to 6 only in bag....player needs a "Sun Belt (6)" to be able to access and drink a potion that saves their life that fast!!! :p

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
im not sure if you played the last itteration of the server but ive taken pretty stong measures against grief pvp/pk in terms of what being brown restricts players from doing.

as an example, if your brown you cant rt, de or tt, if you start a fight and go brown thats your responsability and also punishment, there are others but atm i cant think of them because ive so much going on. but i generally get slated for my approach to pk/pvp because im seen to carebear the server, when in fact i do the opposite to players who want to start fights.

sunpotions will never be stackable, ever. with resource gathering and on the spot dismantling for parts via salvaging players bag space becomes very limited and with this comes the choice of what you take, there is also a potion cooldown so you cant just spam pots, which means it is possible to burst down a player if team worked correctly.

also stacking a stat such as acc or even agility will benefit a pvp scenario but you will never be 100% immune to a hit/miss no matter how high you stack the stat, the way the game calculates its acc/agility just means the higher it is the higher the chance, its never a certain.

im also looking to limit gemming/orbs based on an items rarety (common 1 gem, rare 2 gems etc etc) but in the same turn with the item levelling system, items have a chance to upgrade in quality if past a threshold, like you mentioned in your messages image.

for example, a coralring(rare) could drop +3 dc, be gemmed to +5(only twice because its a rare) dc making a pretty tasty coralring, but you could go on to level the item to +4/5/6 w/e i set the threshold and it has an chance to increase in rarety, making a legendary coralring meaning it could then be gemmed/orbed another time.

i have 6 rareties i believe (common, rare, legendary, mythical, heroic, celestial) so in essence it would be possible to level a coralring to celestial status, possible, not neccessarily probable.

Reactions: WelshSteel