EuroReborn - The Highest Definition

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

2dang3rous

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2004
by introducting this you are imbalancing the set % of x leveled spells.

why not just introduce high leveled books with increased %'s instead of leaving it up to rng to determine

i will always look at things from a warriors perspective and i dont know about you but a caster should not be penalized in the same way for aoe spells than single hit spells, if youre talking in a war setting. theres all sorts going off...can you imagine a warrior just running through 4 placed firewalls to 1 hit a wizard?
and a heavy ass warrior carrying a big **** off bastard weapon and unbelievable agility. i must be playing a game
your creating an imbalance by giving unbalanced scenarios

there is no scenario that will cater every need im talking about but this affects not just wars, it affects boss fights...the last thing i want to do is carry 2 lot of kits incase an opposition guild decides to turn up

all 3 classes also have different set acc and agility when starting too, this affects both monsters and players.

one will be at a disadvantage than the other for simply for picking a class, which on default is fair because its balanced for their specific class and the 'role' they play.

warriors have never favored agility, ever...not even in the release of other mirs and introduction of other classes.

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
and the above scenarios you mention will have to be tested in the beta phase, if players choose not to test mechanics in the beta then i am left second guessing.

balance will be tested properly in beta, even if i have to do it myself and it extends beta for 3 months so i can fully test it properly.

spells can be leveled upto level 10 but atm its capped at 3, i have to think of the long term design for the game not just the short term 3 months that will see the majority of players.

pvp can no longer resist magic or poisons so ive removed some for of bypass, but i also like that spells used to miss, on euro days mainly sue to lag but again its a balancing game

the spell damage increase % on armours was a feature i wanted in game so it gives player that chance to also have something to work towards. there will be plenty to do besides pvp and trying to cater to every type of gamer will be impossible.

the reason for the nerf to the classinsignia last time was because it wasnt tested properly and i had to nerf it as it was just to op, i dont want to make the same mistake again.

perhaps i need a deditcated team to run my ideas off before i start coding them. but i like this feature and i can see it as an extra way to play not as a game breaking mechanic, IMO....

2dang3rous

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2004
I hear you and your points - it wasnt the insignia, it was the nerf on all crafted items for specific classes i believe.

you dont stack rng in my opinion, thats the whole point of it...,

the vision of this a slow, euro style rate server? these items seem to drop across the board...classes that already excel in leveling may excel that much further. the thing i liked were 'guild runs' and people grouping to experience. it did bring the feel of mir back

I will be happy to help and test this and anything else out but its gotta be closed beta with a 'dedicated' team.

theres no doubt, visually, this server looks superb - let it play like it.

Reactions: Sanjian and Pusha

Netskee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 17, 2013
Loughborough, UK
Are these added stats gunna drop across the full range of items or class spacific? Just wondering if there's a chance of iron armour with +9% fireball for example

2dang3rous

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2004
Are these added stats gunna drop across the full range of items or class spacific? Just wondering if there's a chance of iron armour with +9% fireball for example
flame and recoveryring might become useful if i stack healing i guess.

then again i'd be pissed off if i get masshealing on my dss though

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
yes its completely random, not class specific skills to armours
flame and recoveryring might become useful if i stack healing i guess.

then again i'd be pissed off if i get masshealing on my dss though
dss isnt an armour. its armour/helmer/belt and boots only

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
I think it should be a mass thing across all personally, but then have a few extra items in game that you work for or collect to allow a re roll using either an npc or crafting a new gem / orb (don't include a chance to break the item if just re rolling for the rng side). I do like this idea, but personally would only have it so armours add for bigger spells, and accessory do the slightly smaller spells, so like ff on armour but t bolt on a ring or necklace (so you can't get a +ff on ring or neck), so having the chance of an extra +100% on like tdb couldn't be achievable but maybe 25% max. Once full kits in game (mir items) imagine your FS or tdb or even ff hitting 2x the original damage, that will be really unbalanced (personally).

2dang3rous

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2004
yes its completely random, not class specific skills to armours

dss isnt an armour. its armour/helmer/belt and boots only
hypothetically/dark joke speaking - masshealing on armors...id be pissed if this was a thing

+15% on rare items, 60% max increase on half moon...does this mean if i run red orchid kit with a.speed i am expected to be healing more

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
why? it only affects its spell....

would have no effect on red orchid tiems... redorchid doesnt cast mass heal.....

2dang3rous

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2004
red orchid heals you for the damage you deal, if my halfmoon hits 60% harder and faster does that mean i heal more?
I could be getting the name wrong but one of the items that drop from redmoonvalley

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
yes ofc you would in that scenario, thats why you would stack for hm damage.....

EDIT: (havent actually worked it all out its rough)
lets say your HM hits for 50, extra 30% roughtly lets say 60ish, you heal for what 3-5% of damage dealt...

your gainaing less than 1% extra healing for that increase in damage

Last edited:

2dang3rous

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2004
my hm at a higher level (realistic and achievable) at level 3 will definitely not hit for 50. by the time i grind redmoon and farm these items. it would be 50x4 as hm hits 4 mobs

including my base DC and potentially a.speed items the healing increases

skeleton helmets drop a lot, they are dc required to wear, (I dont know if you've locked the armors to their classes), surely this would favor warriors?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
nothing is locked to any class

but dont think im using default damages, ive read the delphi code and coded all my spells to refelct the original spell damages

spinningflame

LOMCN n00bie
Oct 11, 2009
This sounds amazing. I really admire your vision and commitment.
I'm curious as to what the item stats will be like. I think the low stats/item rarity of Euro helped ease out any class imbalance to some degree especially in PvP. I guess these can be factored in with simple maths but in Euro not everyone was end game. Maybe I'm short sighted and the idea of end game just shifts.
I enjoyed your reborn server and group hunting as well as the features such as crafting and the elements such a burn. I definitely rerolled to Wiz though.

Could you also consider really limiting

spinningflame

LOMCN n00bie
Oct 11, 2009
Limiting the ability to stop hp regen for non Tao players and also factoring in Tao slow kill rate into your exp grouping tables to promote grouping of and reliance on the support class