EuroReborn - The Highest Definition

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
ohh my bad
OnSlaught have - Damage +30% and Receive Damage+10%
Defiance have - Damage- 10% / Receive Damage- 30% and Regeneration +10%
no... its X damage meaning im not saying what the increase is... untill ive tested and defined the spell, i dont just add a spell and pick random amounts and hope thats works...

and what the hell is regeneration?

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
could you make it display what the current mob target is? I'm sure I've seen it in some games, it might look nice.

TwistedSoul

Twisted-Extreme-MirII
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2016
no... its X damage meaning im not saying what the increase is... untill ive tested and defined the spell, i dont just add a spell and pick random amounts and hope thats works...

Going off what other games have added for "Regeneration" im assuming hes on about "HP Regen" lol

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
Im pretty sure he meant “HP Regen” where you said “threat regenerate” in the Defiance stance, was quite vague lol
I thought the same tbh as i skim read the systems info
could you make it display what the current mob target is? I'm sure I've seen it in some games, it might look nice.

I dont think thats as useful given that you can see the monster walking towards the targeted person dont get me wrong but why would anyone wants to know whos the target of that monsters instead of Fight/Flight options lol

Last edited:

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Wow had this I'm sure or an add on did it for me haha

I like this concept as it allows stuff for warriors like taunts and such and also aggro degen spells

BlackWizz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2017

was my mistake with regeneration
you write generate

I wish you a goodluck

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
the mobs target will always be the top threat bar. (always written in RED)

i was going to make the threat bars interactive so if you say hovered your mouse over a bar, and pressed healing, it would heal that target, but i dont want to make it so easy...

some mobs may switch targets but as a general rule, trash mobs (non sub/bosses) will always target number 1, ill do a quick image

1669910104038.png

atm the gangspider is drawing the most threat so the swordoma is going to attack the gangspider,

my name is green so i can see where i am on its threat list easier, that bar = how much threat your generating.

i switched to defiance and started to climb the list quickly

1669910250077.png

so to try and give a very basic example on how each stance works

StanceDance can be learnt at level 25

at level 0
in Onslaught i deal +5% damage but also take +5% MORE damage from all other sources
in Defiance i deal -10% damage but take -5% more damage but i also generate 50% more threat

so if i attack for say 100 damage and get attacked for 200 damage

in Onslaugh i attack for 105 but take 210 damage and generate say 50 threat
in defiance i would do 90 damage but take 190 and generate say 75 threat

max level spell same stats

in Onslaugh i attack for 120 but take 240 damage and generate say 50 threat
in defiance i would do 80 damage but take 160 and generate say 150 threat

this is all an example and not the accurate formula for it, thats staying with me

but yeah if its all players and not pets like im using @Martyn you could quickly see whos being attacked by those bars

Reactions: Martyn

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
I find Warrior's development somehwhat interesting with the x% damage and -x% defense thing, perhaps the class will feel like a good rewarding+definitive weakness experience instead of the rock solid and powerful state it has always remained which quite frankly sways balancing horribly and denies Sin's a proper place in the game.

I'd like to remain positive but I'm close to out of ****s given for Mir, even when server owners reduce classes to 3 only the state of things either feels dry (like basic mir) or just really out of wack ie Warrior's are at no risk of PvP death and have relevance, Wiz are top of PvE worth always and Tao is likely a solo monster during quiet non group times or simply refusing/not willing/not needing to group because it's just too rewarding playing on their own.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
but yeah if its all players and not pets like im using @Martyn you could quickly see whos being attacked by those bars
I do like it, You could also make an entirely new stat... threat + / - threat as an additional stat on items, which then means gems, unique threat items etc it's adding a new primary stat I really like it.

Reactions: Seanofsmeg

Pusha

Playing Legend Of Mir 6
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
December 2022 and I'm soo looking forwards to playing Mir2... never imagined I'd be saying that !!

Lets goooo

Me too mate, It’s time for a solid, long lasting low rate server.

High rate servers have now become nothing more than a fad every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Me too mate, It’s time for a solid, long lasting low rate server.

High rate servers have now become nothing more than a fad every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s because the people who make them 😂

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
thanks to @Netskee and his recent assets release i decided to use some of the diablo bars to make some nicer ones for my upcoming server

ive altered the mob hp bar which will change if youre targeting normal mob or boss/sub

it will also now display the HP and the name of the monsters current target, i also adjusted gathering bars and the threat bars..

overall really happy with the aethetics of them now, again huge thanks to @Netskee

enjoy the vid here:

also get a little sneak of the mob ais, ET has had some changes but nothing major, its just so the fights feel a bit fresher

Dazzle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 13, 2014
UK
i was going to make the threat bars interactive so if you say hovered your mouse over a bar, and pressed healing, it would heal that target, but i dont want to make it so easy...
Few things I find harder than healing your buddy when hes got 6/7 mobs around him... mobs of differing pixel size.

Side by side healing.... easy
top and bottom healing... not so.

Reactions: IHaveALongName

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Few things I find harder than healing your buddy when hes got 6/7 mobs around him... mobs of differing pixel size.

ive added a feature that will heal the lowest health ally if you miss with healing

EDIT: take a look here

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar

That’s accurately true, horizontal aiming is “slightly” easier than the vertical aiming but hoping that feature sanjian made could fix it

Speaking of this, is there any eta on this?
as it seems polished and ready dunno whats holding you back :p