Exodus Mir 3

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exodus
Mir 3 [Mid rate PvP Server]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Name: Exodus
Server Type: 3.55
Start Level: 50
Starting Gold: 100,000
Exp Rate: X 2 (Custom)
Mon Rate: X 1 (Custom)

Description:

- PvP server
- 'New' Maps
- 'New' Mobs
- 'New' item skins
- Skill upgrade
- Titles
- Hybrid skill upgrade (limited choice)
- Fight Point system
- Auto daily events (1 hour): Land Of Descendants [FP system] and Disturbia [Group EXP]
- Quests
- Custom interface
- 1 GM (fair/mature attitude)

- More to be added in the next few days

How is Exodus PvP based?

- Start level 50 so players are straight in the PvP action
- No PK points
- Earn Fight Points on set time maps to encourage PvP
- Earn Fight Points for PvP on these maps (Global shouts/Logs kept to prevent abuse of this system)
- Weekly PvP Tournament (earn Fight Points)
- Best stat kits are bought with Fight Points
- Most items are non-quality to encourage PvP drops
- Maps are level capped to encourage PvP (no place to hide)
- Entrance to KRs are globally announced
- Bosses have high HP allowing for boss PvP (see above point)

Promotion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLya-cJCogE&feature=youtu.be

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TLya-cJCogE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Launch: Coming soon!

Last edited:

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Best stat kits are bought with Fight Points

If this is the case i'd suggest that the item's should break on death or something to keep the items limited and not full of over powered kit from the get go.

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
If this is the case i'd suggest that the item's should break on death or something to keep the items limited and not full of over powered kit from the get go.

Takes weeks to earn enough FP to buy these kits plus they have level requirements. When designing the kits: defence, attack and PvP were all taken into account :)

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Bounty System

Every Sunday a player is selected at random (could be highest level player, could be lowest) to be the [Bounty] until the following Friday (5 days). The objective is to kill this Bounty within the 5 days to be rewarded. If the Bounty survives the 5 days, he/she is rewarded instead.

To deter players simply letting friends kill them for the reward, the killed Bounty is given the title [Weak] until the next Bounty is announced (Sunday).

If a player produces an altered/fake screenshot, that player will lose 5 levels.

- A screenshot MUST be produced and posted on the forums showing the kill with the kill message displayed
- The killer is rewarded: 500 Fight Points
- The survivor is rewarded: 500 Fight Points
- The killed Bounty is given the title: [Weak] until the following Sunday

Exodus

Last edited:
Reactions: Churchill

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Bounty System

Every Sunday a player is selected at random (could be highest level player, could be lowest) to be the [Bounty] until the following Friday (5 days). The objective is to kill this Bounty within the 5 days to be rewarded. If the Bounty survives the 5 days, he/she is rewarded instead.

To deter players simply letting friends kill them for the reward, the killed Bounty is given the title [Weak] until the next Bounty is announced (Sunday).

If a player produces an altered/fake screenshot, that player will lose 5 levels.

- A screenshot MUST be produced and posted on the forums showing the kill with the kill message displayed
- The killer is rewarded: 500 Fight Points
- The survivor is rewarded: 500 Fight Points
- The killed Bounty is given the title: [Weak] until the following Sunday

Exodus

What if the player does not log on within that 5day period?

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Then they would still be rewarded, however you can earn the amount of Fight Points rewarded fairly easily within those 5 days so they wouldn't really be gaining much from not logging in.

The idea may work, it may not but it's worth a try and it's something a bit different that I haven't seen on other servers.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
sorry to sound like a broken record here, but im excited to see a pk server :) tired of all the carebears lol
Any time estimate here? weeks? months? ty

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
sorry to sound like a broken record here, but im excited to see a pk server :) tired of all the carebears lol
Any time estimate here? weeks? months? ty

Weeks as sadly I'm now back at work (work in a school) so I don't have as much free time. I don't want to release the server half done as I want players to experience as little disruption as possible.

For me, Mir 3 is all about the PvP and the banter that comes with it. I will always have these things in mind when developing Exodus.

reecew

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Newcastle
should be online soon i think he just needs to test things before he puts it online for everyone so server is complete not half done like 99% of servers.

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
PvP Tournament System

A regular PvP tournament is held with 3 varying categories: Free For All, Multi Team (2 man) and 3v3 (choice of class). Teams are submitted on the forums and then placed into a knockout format.

Each tournament kill rewards Fight Points, so the more successful you are, the more points you can earn.

If a stalemate occurs monsters are spawned until last man standing.

The title [Prestige] is rewarded to the winners lasting until the next tournament is announced.

Varying map settings:

- No pots
- Pots allowed
- No lack
- Damage scrolls
- Healing scrolls

Exodus

huggybear

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
sounds good m8 i love pvping and the bantter that follows.. will u be testing the server be4 u release m8?

g/l

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Daily Auto Event System

Exodus has an automatic event system involving two main reoccurring daily events : Disturbia and Land Of Descendants.

These maps open at specific set hours and are announced globally. The concept behind these events is to offer players a chance to boost exp with group hunting and to increase the opportunity for PvP by bringing all players together on a map. Occasionally a global boss can also spawn on these maps.

Disturbia - A large island map offering bonus exp to groups. Mobs spawn on mob deaths. Fight Points earned for PvP.

Land Of Descendants - A medium sized map allowing players to earn Fight Points by competing for 24 mini bosses and PvP.

Both maps are open for 1 hour only with Land Of Descendants opening twice a day and Disturbia once. These opening times may be adjusted to suit the populace.

Exodus

reecew

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Newcastle
sounds good bud any idea on eta dont wanna waste time playing any other server.. just hangging about playing some league.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Considering your making a PVP orientated server would be nice to maybe see a game mode based on "HungerGames", always wanted to try make a system like this.

My idea's on it if you choose to make a system like it. :p
- Cannot take anything into the map (pots, armour, items etc)
- Variety of different maps (Mainly island's i think would be best suited)
- When player dies on the map it will shout "Player has died, X amount remain on the island"
- A few chests will be spawned in the starting area (where all players are spawned in at beginning).
- A certain amount of chests will be located randomly around the map with lootable items to help people.
- The chests should have an automated system to resupply (respawn) every X amount of minutes/hours.

(This is the biggest problem) - Players shouldn't have any spells otherwise it would be unbalanced for warriors without kit but if you remove their spells you will need to have an advanced storage system to save all their spells & spell levels. If spell leveling requirements is low then removing the skill levels wont be much of a problem ( unless they exceed level 5).

Start with:
BasicRobe 1-1ac 0-0amc 0-0dc 0-0mc
Basic Shoes Comfort + 1

Anyhow if this is still carried on chests should contain:
HpPotion(S)
Trap - An item that can be double clicked to spawn a chest that explodes when opened.
PortalCrystal - An item that can teleport a player to a few select locations (e.g. start point & some caves on edges of map if there are some).
NaturesEyes - An item that tells the player how many chests and players remain on the battlefield.
CloakOfDeath - An item that secretly fakes a players death.
FlamedBow - FlameRing with 0/0dura, can be used as a ranged missile to slow players down but costly if hit with when equipped.
DamageScroll - Damages player in area (blablabla)
HealingScroll - Heals players in area (blablabla)

Pickaxe - DC2-2 AtkSpd + 2 ACC - 2
Dagger - DC2-5 AtkSpd + 1 ACC 0
Sword - DC5-10 AtkSpd ACC + 2
SmallAxe - DC10-10 AtkSpd -1 ACC + 4
LargeAxe - DC20-20 AtkSpd -2 ACC + 6

Helmet AC0-1
Helmet AC1-1
Helmet AC1-2

Armour AC1-2 AMC3-3
Armour AC2-2 AMC2-3
Armour AC2-3 AMC2-2
Armour AC3-3 AMC1-2