it runs the entire object list and saves everything as PNG

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
is it possible to export all object .X files as transparent .PNGs

batch if possible

it runs the entire object list and saves everything as PNG

Yup, it's possible as I have that option, I used to use it to customize objects in Photoshop before slicing and reimporting.

Ultimately pointless though, as I wouldn't ever batch edit full size objects , so pulling them out from mapview via screenshot is efficient enough.

What do you need it for ? Can't see any reason to batch export full objects.

awesome

Microsoft
Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
I plan to make full maps with photoshop only. But I need all objects as pngs in photoshop layers so I can make versions of maps. When I create a full map I build the Wil file on it. I have a program that can make the image a map and saves the objects file. Each map image a objects file and .map.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I plan to make full maps with photoshop only. But I need all objects as pngs in photoshop layers so I can make versions of maps. When I create a full map I build the Wil file on it. I have a program that can make the image a map and saves the objects file. Each map image a objects file and .map.

Here's an idea, why don't you just use the map editor to make maps?

• Carrot
Reactions: mir2pion and Jev

awesome

Microsoft
Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
I could start creating maps but if later I create a random map generator it would be a waste of time the maps I would create by hand
It's good but No one can create 300 maps from scratch

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
But you're not going to make a generator are you, you're going to concept it and ask someone to do it.

It's been done, in a better way and I recall having to edit a few objects to make it possible.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
No one has use for 300 new maps LOL

I guess you are not mir positive, likely didn't play official mir servers. You just see what's available here and try to make others to do things with it to your liking, along the lines of some other games out there that use(d) auto generated maps.

Why don't you try to make at least one map in map editor, otherwise you are like a kid who wants to sprint before he learned how to walk.

BTW what's this MS stuff, are you maybe their game developer trying to steal know how over here?

awesome

Microsoft
Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
I'm a Microsoft insider and loyal supporter of many years. Also I have 5 years of experience as a software architect but I don't program, I only describe the programs in detail
My latest program about this forum is a program that extracts all members by name and ID number

21574 members with IDs

Screenshot_16.png

this is the code based on how i described it half way

Attachments

• lomcn member list.txt
    332.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
If your solution to making randomly generated maps is to export the images to Photoshop - I'd hate to be dependant on you to design my software

Reactions: Breezer

awesome

Microsoft
Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
For real I would suggest a procedural map generator with machine learning

Because the entire idea is Chinese, I got tricked went for something not based on myself

The source of new maps with new objects custom made is photoshop in China. That's the real source

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
We have plenty of maps that haven't been shown off on servers yet. Most serves don't use outdoor maps, only caves, temples, and that's where the bulk supply of 'new' maps is. No shortage of maps IMO

And no matter what, mir is diametrically opposite to games that use some auto generated or on the fly generated maps. You are in wrong place with this idea.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
We have plenty of maps that haven't been shown off on servers yet. Most serves don't use outdoor maps, only caves, temples, and that's where the bulk supply of 'new' maps is. No shortage of maps IMO

And no matter what, mir is diametrically opposite to games that use some auto generated or on the fly generated maps. You are in wrong place with this idea.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Actually it's totally possible and you've never been so wrong, what a load of waffle.