Request FateSword Quest

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Hey,

Was hoping someone might be able to talk me step by step through the process and requirements of the original FateSword quest - from what I can tell this hasn't been publically released before, and therefore will need rebuilding. It's not something I've ever completed myself, I'm not sure if 1 or 2 community members here might be able to chip in to give me the info to recreate the quest.

Particularly interested in the order of events, the required amounts purities and types of ores, the timed map used in the final part of the quest (what does it look like), and the number of mob within. Which to my knowledge are FlamingWooma (normal stats?).

Keen to see what you guys have got for me.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Thank you,

This in the translation made me particularly laugh:

5. After the conversation, move to a map, flattened 30 inflammation of the fire noodles.
6. Inflammable cow ghost can not be resolved under the circumstances, the task will start again. .

Upvote 0

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Thank you,

This in the translation made me particularly laugh:

5. After the conversation, move to a map, flattened 30 inflammation of the fire noodles.
6. Inflammable cow ghost can not be resolved under the circumstances, the task will start again. .

I think I may create a mob on my server called Inflammable cow ghost , just for the lol's

Upvote 0

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Any guesses as to where this is?

quest_fate_3.jpg

Apparently the location of 'Mr Dragon' in the location 'Flying Dragon County'.... :encouragement:

I've tried SV, BW, BV, MW, TaoVill, CGi, Ginko

To put the image into full context from the translation:

(3) guessing win over dragon blood Sir

1. Visit Flying Dragon County, where the master of dragon boat race 107: 37 soldiers.
2. dialogue with the dragon after the blood, guessing fist victory.
3. Guess the boxing failure, to start from scratch.

This is clearly the rock paper scissors element of the quest - but I really can't locate that building, and those coordinates seem to be a red herring?

Upvote 0

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Nope, afraid not.

It could be within the old Ginko I guess, I don't have that area on my Bichon map to check easily, hoping someone might know from memory

Upvote 0

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Sounds quite likely then, potentially why I couldn't find it too. Can anyone 100% confirm this?

Upvote 0

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
I did release BW with ginko and houses readded if you wanted to continue down that route, I never liked how WeMade made such drastic changes, if your following WeMades quest/story line down to letter quests such as FateSword become redundant unless they moved it

Upvote 0

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
I did release BW with ginko and houses readded if you wanted to continue down that route, I never liked how WeMade made such drastic changes, if your following WeMades quest/story line down to letter quests such as FateSword become redundant unless they moved it

Yea this is definitely one of the bigger crossroads and incompatibilities I've come up against storyline/map-wise. I think using the NPC outside the burnt house is also going to be a fine solution if this is the case. I'm going to sleep on it for a few days and see what I ultimately decide to do.

Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
The quest starts when you see the BW weapon man and he sees gold ore in your bag. 0103.map
You need 3 pieces of 12+ to start the quest.
He takes the ore and sends you to the BW special repair man.
After talking to him, a flag is set and you go to see Wa, in the building discussed earlier in the thread. 0114.map
You talk to Wa and he wants you to play Rock, paper, scissors.
Lose and you need more ore to start it all over again.
Win and then you are given the chance to face 20 Flaming Woomas. Accept and get teleported into 01141.map to face 20 x FlamingWooma2.

As a 35+ warrior, your reward is a FateSword Book.
Tao and Wiz get 2 x Benediction Oil.

Take the Book to BW Special Repair man and he'll exchange it for a Fate Sword.

That's what I remember from Euro.

There was an option to take lesser gold ore and get another chance for rock, paper, scissors and this somehow involved the clothes shop NPC. I can't remember this fully and I think was partly bugged on official.

Upvote 0

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Wow that's awesome. Think I'm mostly there with my preliminary notes, the current plan is to use the quest flags to activate a dream or memory at Wa, whereby you can enter his old house and continue the quest, teleporting you to his 2nd room on completion of the rock, paper scissors game.

My only remaining question is what are the 5 coupons you receive if you're under level 35? Lottery tickets? Also here's my rough notes in case anyone was interested.

Fate Sword Quest:

Check [1102] 0

(1) Obtain purity 12+ (x3) gold ore
1. Obtain purity 12+ gold ore and go to Vincent (Jiang) and Talk
2. Visit Bill (Ginger) to continue story
- If the level is less than 35, get 5 Coupons (?), the task is failed (can repeat) SET [1101] 0
(2) Win rock paper scissors vs Wa
1. Visit Wa's House (0114.map)
2. Dialogue with Wa, followed by rock paper scissors
3. Guess the rock paper scissors wrong, task is failed (can repeat) SET [1101] 0
(3) Kill flaming woomas
1. After correctly guessing Rock Paper scissors further diaglogue with Wa
2. Tell Wa that Vincent (Jiang) is looking for him
3. If you select another conversation, the task is failed (can repeat) SET [1101] 0
4. After discovering this information, Wa invites you to a challenge
5. teleport into map(01141.map), spawn 20 flaming wooma, 5minutes to clear
6. If you fail to kill all 20 flaming wooma the task is failed (can repeat) SET [1101] 0
7. Receive FateSwordBook for completion
(4) Get the FateSword
1. Take the FateSwordBook to Vincent (Jiang)
2. Collect FateSword from Bill (Ginger) if warrior, or 2x BenedictionOil for other classes SET [1102] 1

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Might be lottery tickets.
Sounds pretty lame but early days of Mir afforded far different values to rewards and stats than players did in later years.

Upvote 0

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I always thought that the FateSword quests required some of that special P20+ Meat you gained from the Deers that ran away?

Upvote 0

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
I always thought that the FateSword quests required some of that special P20+ Meat you gained from the Deers that ran away?
wasn't the meat needed to gain access to a certin map to obtain the meathelmet

Upvote 0