Final Fantasy Online

Join Discord

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
As you get higher it does speed up a bit. By level 80 you'll be constantly popping something

I'll add you next time I'm on

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Cool , need a chocobo asap killing me this walking everywhere

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
So is this cross-play between PS4 and PC? May actually be able to convince the wife to play if she can use a pad hah.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Do you still have to pay a subscription on the console version?

Yeah , £8.99 is the monthly one. Fairly expensive considering you need to buy expansions as well , worth it tho imo. easy to catch-up I’m level 25 ish within a few days of very casual play time on the preferred bonus exp servers.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
meh, haven't paid any subscription since the Lineage 2 days... doubt I'll ever do that again... such limited time to actually play =-/

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
meh, haven't paid any subscription since the Lineage 2 days... doubt I'll ever do that again... such limited time to actually play =-/

I play like 2 hours a day maximum and find it value for money , hardly ever find myself with nothing to do , £10 a month , £2.50 a week that’s not even a days lunch , now I can’t geek games anymore I justify costs in food terms

• Haha
Reactions: Martyn

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
I got to level 10 and stopped. will give another class a go at some point. can you change class on same character or am I thinking of something else?

For now i'm getting my arse absolutely shagged on LoL…. it's not fun

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
@PoPcOrN - yea on FFXIV you can swap classes just by accepting their level 1 quest and then from there equpping that classes weapon turns into that class at the last level you got it to so you can swap from your lvl 10 summoner to your lvl 6 Gladiator at any stage, kind of makes it so you don't ever need to role another character. All classes under the one character

Good luck on climbing the LoL ladder! ^_^

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Currently running this it seems , if anyone is on the fence , although I think you still need to buy the game. 327D470D-2CF9-4425-8717-283D9C14CD88.png

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
hit 50 last week on a mage not touched it since kinda bored shitless tho cast fire over and over cast till you run out of mana swap to blizzard restore mana swap back to fire and repeat, any one recommend a more engaging class ?

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
I’m enjoying Marauder , but as it’s a tank class it’s not exactly a highlight reel

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
hit 50 last week on a mage not touched it since kinda bored shitless tho cast fire over and over cast till you run out of mana swap to blizzard restore mana swap back to fire and repeat, any one recommend a more engaging class ?
Literally anything else

All classes really open up at higher level though. I think a lot of people make the mistake of getting a class to 35-50 and sacking it off

You can probably unlock red mage now? That'll confuse the **** out of you

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Aye I think now theres so many expansions the lower skills are rinse and repeat as my summoner pops up 2 DoT's- drains energy - expends energy - spam pet abilities - repeat but i see tons of abilities in the future that are going to change up that rotation.

I am trying to make my way onto heavensward content as like you am 50+ but stick on orignal quest chain that needs to be completed to access heavensward expansion. Currently on the Shiva quest line so just this and one more chain to go!

i find that's the only downside. Golden saucer is good fun tho ^_^ (I may have wanted to smash a keyboard or 3 during the parkour kind of game they have where you have to climb to the top without falling)

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Oh, those late school night's betting on Chocobo races at the golden saucer... good old PS1.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
When do I get a mount ? Think I’ve out levelled the MSQ , currently 29 but my main quests are still level 15 ish based

Have stopped doing all the crap side quests as apparently the msq and duties are enough to get you to cap without missing out on anything as the sides are mostly filler

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
@KingCobra92 after you complete level 20ish main story quests you join a grand company. One of them give a side quest which will give you a grand company chocobo

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Aye I think now theres so many expansions the lower skills are rinse and repeat as my summoner pops up 2 DoT's- drains energy - expends energy - spam pet abilities - repeat but i see tons of abilities in the future that are going to change up that rotation.

I am trying to make my way onto heavensward content as like you am 50+ but stick on orignal quest chain that needs to be completed to access heavensward expansion. Currently on the Shiva quest line so just this and one more chain to go!

i find that's the only downside. Golden saucer is good fun tho ^_^ (I may have wanted to smash a keyboard or 3 during the parkour kind of game they have where you have to climb to the top without falling)
Getting past ARR feels like such an achievement cos it's so bloody long

When do I get a mount ? Think I’ve out levelled the MSQ , currently 29 but my main quests are still level 15 ish based

Have stopped doing all the crap side quests as apparently the msq and duties are enough to get you to cap without missing out on anything as the sides are mostly filler

I don't think you can out level the MSQ. You can unlock your chocobo @ level 20 I think, when you join one of the Grand Companies (that's part of the msq so you can't miss it if you just keep going) but yeah don't bother with side quests unless they have a blue + icon. I made that mistake too early on xD

I have tried to add you a few times but guess we haven't been online at the same time yet

Reactions: Seanofsmeg