Final Fantasy Online

smoochy boys on tour

Silencer

Comedian
Golden Oldie
Feb 9, 2008
LOMCN HQ with Tai, eating bagels.
Is anyone playing? Or has anyone played previously and have any reviews/thoughts about it?

I'm looking for something to play in my SPARE time - so Mir is off the table.

Also, still not a big fan of consoles - unless it's a PS2, and I'm playing FF. So thought I'd give the online version a try.

Thanks my sweeties xx

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
FF14 is pretty damn good MMO, it's different to how other MMO's work, same concept but there's usually just one giant fk-off boss you need to take down rather than a concession of smaller ones i.e WoW raids.

Used to play it eons ago but never got back into it. Music is naturally smashing as Nobuo Uematsu has done almost all of it, gameplay is mostly casual fun and can eventually be challenging if you decide to get into that side of things.

Reactions: Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
FFXIV ARR is excellent

i love the job system (what you equip as a weapon determines your class/job) for me that was the best feature and i could play a dps if i wanted, tank when i wanted or healer...

plus the fishing is pretty good :)

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I loved it, played for quite a long time.

Stopped playing because it just got a bit too repetativepersonally, but defo worth a go if you haven't played yet.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Actually i think i stopped when they closed the game down the first time. (they said they werent too happy with it yet) And i just never went back when it came back up.

Might have to give it another go at some point.

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
Actually i think i stopped when they closed the game down the first time. (they said they werent too happy with it yet)

Same as I did, went back to it after age of conan and its much improved.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
One thing i found a bit annoying was the world boss loot distribution.

I remember trying to get the Ifrit(?) weapon for months, killing it daily. But like BDO it gave 1 of the random 20(?) people in the group the drop. Or let everyone roll on it.

Not sure if it's still like that tho.But was rather irritating.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Actually i think i stopped when they closed the game down the first time. (they said they werent too happy with it yet) And i just never went back when it came back up.

Might have to give it another go at some point.

before they redid the game from the ground up FFXIV wasnt that great. FFXIV ARR is amazing imo....

---------- Post Merged at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:16 PM ----------

One thing i found a bit annoying was the world boss loot distribution.

I remember trying to get the Ifrit(?) weapon for months, killing it daily. But like BDO it gave 1 of the random 20(?) people in the group the drop. Or let everyone roll on it.

Not sure if it's still like that tho.But was rather irritating.

it uses a very similar need/greed system like wow

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
before they redid the game from the ground up FFXIV wasnt that great. FFXIV ARR is amazing imo....

---------- Post Merged at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:16 PM ----------

it uses a very similar need/greed system like wow

Like WoW used to, everything's now personal on WoW :P which the majority of mythic raiders hate

Silencer

Comedian
Golden Oldie
Feb 9, 2008
Got it downloaded and doing the free trial on a laptop to see if it’s any good and enjoying it so far.

It’s mechanics are very similar to LOTRO and Albion so far.

Enjoyable little time sink I think.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
If you enjoy it and get into it, may just start again and join you tbh. Need a bit of spare-time gaming MMO that's not WoW or Mir, and Overwatch is just too frustrating to play for a short duration.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
I already have a realm reborn , is that just the starter edition as it were ? Bit confusing

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
A Realm Reborn is just what it was called after the original flop, which was ****ing years ago now btw, ya'll are making it sound new

Silencer

Comedian
Golden Oldie
Feb 9, 2008
A Realm Reborn is just what it was called after the original flop, which was ****ing years ago now btw, ya'll are making it sound new

We’re so used to making Mir sound new everything some chump brings a server out.

I’m on Omega (World/Server) - if anyone wants to start/continue/reconnect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I was tempted not too long ago, as my brother brought up the idea again (we used to play it together) I just don't want to get into such a grindy game atm.

That's just me tho, I could never be satisfied just leveling something, I had to do all the jobs etc too, and the crafting took an eternity to level. I just can't help myself, it has to be all or nothing!

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Whole group at work all play and keep trying to get me to join them, it's very tempting. Played back when it first relaunched and it's great fun, I'm like Chalace I feel if I play I have to max every job lol