Five Heroes - Crystal Files

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
It seemed quite solid for a beta test. However, I did expect a little more time through beta or some more time for the team to polish it further; Friday seems a bit too early to go live but will have to wait and see :)

BeerNMoney

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
It seemed quite solid for a beta test. However, I did expect a little more time through beta or some more time for the team to polish it further; Friday seems a bit too early to go live but will have to wait and see :)

The server team will stick to there dates as that's the one thing they hate the most (setting a date and not sticking by it) although just remember from the 15th to the 22nd anything can happen as it's still classed as beta (just no wipe afterwards if nothing major goes wrong)

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
There's no reason why the server cant go live 15th... so it will.. no doubt the odd spell may need a 10% nerf.. or a boss may need a small buff.. but that's gonna happen regardless of if i did another week of testing..

LordLucas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 13, 2003
There's no reason why the server cant go live 15th... so it will.. no doubt the odd spell may need a 10% nerf.. or a boss may need a small buff.. but that's gonna happen regardless of if i did another week of testing..

With that being said what time do you plan bringing the server live?

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire

15th at 12:01am yeah? ;)

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Guessing from previous of ben server prob around 5-6pm so its a fair time so everywhere is back from work / school etc.

I don't get back from work tlll just after 7 :(

There will never be a "fair" time, as everyone has different jobs. In reality it would probably be better to go live around midday, as this will mean the first caves are not over run when it launches.

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
I don't get back from work tlll just after 7 :(

There will never be a "fair" time, as everyone has different jobs. In reality it would probably be better to go live around midday, as this will mean the first caves are not over run when it launches.

Launching at a more obscure time is actually benefit for exactly the point you've made there. Less crowding in the initial zones is far better then everyone competing for Skeletons in Oma Cave.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Every single successful server launch has been on Friday/Saturday 5-8. Many people are back from work, school is over, it is probably the time MOST can log in.

Competing for mobs (though trust me there are thousands of them so you shouldnt worry) is part of a successful server launch.

Launching it midday would suit no1 including the server team that might actually also work at that time and wont be able to resolve problems/crashes/exploits if any either.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Competing for mobs (though trust me there are thousands of them so you shouldnt worry) is part of a successful server launch.

I second that, OC is chock full of mobs, at least the 3F was, was quite pleasant surprise for me as I didn't play such HR server before. Its also items galore, I would like to see added stat item having name colored if there is some color spare, maybe green (all common items also have harder to see color, like charcoal color)?

Although as I said earlier, one ends up picking and checking only orange mythical items after a while. But I think there is a problem with marking added stat items with some color now that we have those additional categories besides common, those rare...mythical items which already have colored name and there is no way to mark them visibly if they have any added stats, right? Still the common items could have different color name if they have added stats.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
if it goes up on a weekday it has to be after 6pm as well as a lot of the player base am sure all 3 admins have work or college ect during the day giving the no lifers say a 6 hours advantage is HUGE early game.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Unfortunately we've had to push back the release date and time to Saturday 16th 15:00 UTC (This is 4pm for people in UK).

Sorry for the delay and we thank you for your patients.. see you all on Saturday!

Thanks
Ben

darklegend

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 28, 2005
Unfortunately we've had to push back the release date and time to Saturday 16th 15:00 UTC (This is 4pm for people in UK).Sorry for the delay and we thank you for your patients.. see you all on Saturday!ThanksBen
how come when I try to down the client I get a page with a load of gibberish?

Status
Not open for further replies.