Five Heroes - Crystal Files

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Trade isnt bugged, its just people not paying attention.. as Far said it probably needs to be changed so that a big dialog box pops up saying ARE YOU SURE, then maybe ARE YOU DEFO SURE?!? then maybe people wont get scammed..

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Are 5H caves so small to favor pks or so that the server can handle tons of mobs/items (on floor) in them? I for one find the server pain to play since there is no point in me trying to fight back since it all happens in split second, it all comes down to watching out constantly for anybody, not watching the actual play view but minimap and hp ball because in dark and fracas of huge lures you don't notice determined pks with souped up kit, nevermind sins who can hide and if or when you see them, its too late most times. RTs in these small caves are almost useless, basically if you make an escape, its best to try another cave or stop playing for a while altogether.

With nostalgia I remember times on mir when one could peacefully go about for days only running into pk once in while and then it would be refreshing, put some spice into the game, but not constant staying on ones mental toes like this and it being futile anyway?

I sense more and more pple are bored, gave up leveling because they hit ceiling - you got top twenty bunched up in couple levels 71/72 which tells the story and they look for fun in pking those who still try to advance in game (btw I am just few levels behind those top levels)... do all high rate servers necessarily become at some point 'low rate'? All high rate means is shifting noob levels to numerically higher levels it seems before it becomes low rate.

I'd give the server top marks for item variety (even if when one nears lev70 it sort of thins out), low mark for too small caves and high 'regimentation' (5H mir is not open world or at least doesn't feel like that, never mind you don't have level access restrictions, at least I didn't run into any). Overall very much worthwhile server to play, don't want to sound like I am putting it down.

And last, is it really that hard to assign sounds to mobs? Or is it the case that we don't have enough sounds for all new mobs, period? Its not just this server but most servers I played before, those 'new' mobs are silent. And speaking of sounds, I am right that PTemple mobs don't sound quite as 'originals'? That's beside the wind minos sounding like WG but that may have been like that on official mir too, not sure anymore. I recall the special sound 'echoing like' in PT when you got bunch of minos die and it seems is not the case here.

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
You always get some dedicated no lifer(s) LOL and you can't judge by them, you have to look at the more numerous field of players who are all @70 to 73 level

And of course, the low rate I talk about is still not the same as low rate on a low rate server.

Last edited:

Binary

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 23, 2015
if your calling server a low rate at this point then why do we have someone at level 79 ?
which is 1 level below ( level cap ) ?

I think he meant low rate in terms of grind.

Obviously though, rates mean nothing in the end. The difficulty is created by the people you are competing against.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
BTW a week or so back, someone on the chart was level 100 but is not there anymore, was that some test char?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Are 5H caves so small to favor pks or so that the server can handle tons of mobs/items (on floor) in them? I for one find the server pain to play since there is no point in me trying to fight back since it all happens in split second, it all comes down to watching out constantly for anybody, not watching the actual play view but minimap and hp ball because in dark and fracas of huge lures you don't notice determined pks with souped up kit, nevermind sins who can hide and if or when you see them, its too late most times. RTs in these small caves are almost useless, basically if you make an escape, its best to try another cave or stop playing for a while altogether.

With nostalgia I remember times on mir when one could peacefully go about for days only running into pk once in while and then it would be refreshing, put some spice into the game, but not constant staying on ones mental toes like this and it being futile anyway?

I sense more and more pple are bored, gave up leveling because they hit ceiling - you got top twenty bunched up in couple levels 71/72 which tells the story and they look for fun in pking those who still try to advance in game (btw I am just few levels behind those top levels)... do all high rate servers necessarily become at some point 'low rate'? All high rate means is shifting noob levels to numerically higher levels it seems before it becomes low rate.

I'd give the server top marks for item variety (even if when one nears lev70 it sort of thins out), low mark for too small caves and high 'regimentation' (5H mir is not open world or at least doesn't feel like that, never mind you don't have level access restrictions, at least I didn't run into any). Overall very much worthwhile server to play, don't want to sound like I am putting it down.

And last, is it really that hard to assign sounds to mobs? Or is it the case that we don't have enough sounds for all new mobs, period? Its not just this server but most servers I played before, those 'new' mobs are silent. And speaking of sounds, I am right that PTemple mobs don't sound quite as 'originals'? That's beside the wind minos sounding like WG but that may have been like that on official mir too, not sure anymore. I recall the special sound 'echoing like' in PT when you got bunch of minos die and it seems is not the case here.
some good feedback, i agree we need some bigger caves, maybe some "safe" caves as PK is not for everyone. I'll take it all on board for the next update

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Thanks, made my day with your reply. I am still trying to 'screw my mind' around the server design, not been everywhere yet.

I just throw in one simple idea regarding the pk thing - how about making one or more cave floors of each dungeon a safe zone? I suppose quite a few pple would tend to prefer to hunt there and the floor would tend to end up with fewer mobs because of that and at least some of the folks would venture into the other unsafe floors and probably most would, if not all.

It would offer relaxed place for those times when you can't be bothered to be constantly on the lookout, also would be good for the times when you go exploring higher level places to see if you should move up from your regular hunting place, you could try the mobs without worrying about getting pked.

Many dungeons you get teleported to that 'holding cave' where quest npc is and the bottom entrance to caves is the one that 'works', the other on the left is not being used. How about adding one or more floors behind that unused doorway of the same cave floors but perhaps without KR at the end, or whatever, maybe even with the safe zone KR but with much less frequent boss spawn than the current KR?

Lets see what would happen when boss spawned and there would be more folks hanging around, they would all join in and then would still have to compete for drop pickup, the most agile and lucky (if the good item would drop next to you) would get the goodies if any dropped, so there would still be some 'fight'.

Anyway, if you made something like this, it would need teleporting inside 1F (in addition to the doorways) because pple would start blocking the door, also if there was more than one floor, you'd need teleport post to go to 2F for the same reason, so some guild couldn't appropriate whole cave to themselves permanently closing it off for everybody else.

It would be minimum work if you just 'copied' the same dungeon behind that second entrance and just made it all SZ in that copy. That would double the dungeon size but I suppose you might want to cut down on drops or something, I would leave it to you, this is all just throwing in an idea :smilet-digitalpoint

Another idea I just had - we have a system of pk points, how about its mirror system of 'peace' points. If you didn't pk during doing a level, you would gain a peace point and they would accumulate. That way if you start pk @level 20, you could pk 20 times before you would lose all peace points and start accumulating pk points. However in this system, the pk points would be permanent (like permanent yellow, brown, red, and you would get rid of them only by doing levels without pking. These points would determine the chance you got to drop some items, pple with high amount of peace points would almost never drop anything when pked. Perhaps for simplicity, the system could be completely separate from the current pk system, just peace points accumulation with levels which would reduce the chance of you dropping items. But I am sure there are pitfalls and this is more like for files development, not mabye something you might want to do just for your server sice it might be complicated to implement.

All said, I must say that I didn't drop from body in several pking and only once my stone broke (which also is no big deal even if it broke everytime given the drops here). So the server seems to be fairly generous that way. But you drop those ancestor items once and its a much bigger deal, stakes are getting high with higher levels and better items, as we all know.

Last edited:

Mecha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 28, 2015
Essex
Got exactly the same issue, did you manage to fix it?

The reason for this is because it has not fully downloaded the data files or any files for this matter. I worked out why this happens for Five Heroes. Basically the mir2config.ini in the download needs adjusting. Currently the launcher is set to false in the mir2config so this means that the files aren't being patched. Ben/Bon needs to be aware of this and make the changes.

Look for this in the mir2config.ini and change False to True:
[Launcher]
Enabled=False

Phade

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 14, 2013
The reason for this is because it has not fully downloaded the data files or any files for this matter. I worked out why this happens for Five Heroes. Basically the mir2config.ini in the download needs adjusting. Currently the launcher is set to false in the mir2config so this means that the files aren't being patched. Ben/Bon needs to be aware of this and make the changes.

[Launcher]
Enabled=False

You sir are a legend, up and running again. Very grateful!

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

[Launcher]
Enabled=False
strange 1 of the downloads had it false as u say.. ive fixed it now

aRKY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2009
Change Log - 13-05

• -Brand new Item set - Heroes - This is the top teir set ingame above Mir. VERY rare and only drops from Ancient Bosses, Legends, DD, OKS, FoxSpirit.
  • -New EXP Pills added to drops (400k, 800k, 1500k, 500k) with level requirements of 30/40/50/60 (just makes the lower ones still useful)
  • -New EXPPotion(SUPER) - 225% EXP for 30minutes. Craftable for 4mil gold and 8x EXPPotion(S) (60% chance to work) or purchasable via gameshop for 17mil gold / 550 mir coins
  • -Adjustment and tweaks to some normal sub and bosses drop files
  • -Random OKS now spawns around Past Bichon (Be careful!!)
  • -We didn't like the way Drop potions were working, so we've adjusted them again to make it feel more consistant and useful. As a result the buff will now display a smaller amount but is actually better than before (70% for XL)
  • -Nerf to Monster+Sub+Boss stats in following caves (they were maybe a tad too hard):
  • ..Ancient Stone Temple
  • ..Ancient Prajna Cave
  • ..Ancient Turtle Temple
  • ..Ancient Flaming Temple
  • -Fixed Door to Ancient Stone Temple
  • -Level 70+ leveling cave mob spawn increased and EXP buffed
  • -MadKing spawn rate reduced
  • -GreatfoxSpirit level increased
  • -Summon Archer Spider has its damage typed changed to normal Physical attack (it was ignoring AC before)
  • -PoisonCloud heal bug FIXED
  • -Normal levelling items have had their required item level greatly reduced. For example brass ring was level 79 is now level 65, ancient items remain unchanged.

Some Really good changes people thought I would put on here as always good for people to see any changes if there not on the main forum ( GET YOUR ASS IN GEAR AND SIGN UP :p ..​

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
for some reason my pc just closed the game and deleted the client.exe
and when i tried re-installing and opening , it says

" windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.
you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

any idea how to fix this?

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
for some reason my pc just closed the game and deleted the client.exe
and when i tried re-installing and opening , it says

any idea how to fix this?
Anti Virus? Avast! always deletes my EXE's just need to add exceptions to the AV

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
anti virus is not a problem anymore its just the client.exe refuses to launch and pops up a text

---------- Post Merged at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:47 PM ----------

solved it, just needed to exclude the file into microsoft windows security.
thanks dan

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
client has been updated to hopefully to flag as a virus.. its very annoying its the software we use to protect the client

Status
Not open for further replies.