Fragrant Hills - woool server

smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I just read back on my posts and the only one i could see that they got upset on was when i shared the bug with them but is that my fault? no were they said that buggs should be reported in PM, and it's not like i gave the exact place to find the bosses, it says on system message to report all bugs to a Admin and anyone can back me up here that i was shouting for a GM in game but i had no response so i had to come here and post.
Make a secure place to report bugs if you don't want them posting here.

Yes there are tons of other bugs, i not shared them with anyone, i not even tried to do any of them because they are all highier level bugs and i can't test it, they said they done tons of testing and fixing so these simple bugs which were pretty known on the last 2 woool servers and they did say that they played DSM so i expected those ones to be fixed but they wern't.

So overall you banned me for Suggestions and reporting a bug. Also i would like to know those people who used the bug on mech city because i never and i didn't even know it was even possible on here and how come they are not banned? they done a much worse offense then me.

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Well this worth playing? there alot of things changed since mikes woool?

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Well this worth playing? there alot of things changed since mikes woool?

Remember when Mick went into Beta? well it's worse then that :P

It has potential, just needs alot of work thats all, i think they are too focused on fixing problems then adding contents at the moment so i would personally wait.

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005
Skele is bugged at lvl2 dont like to move or kill. drops are far an few between and sum plces nothing drops.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Skele is bugged at lvl2 dont like to move or kill. drops are far an few between and sum plces nothing drops.

My skele is fine at lvl 2

---------- Post added 09-10-2011 at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-10-2011 at 10:04 PM ----------

ok now my skele is bugged, nothing to do with level though.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Seems my skele has been nerfed anyway? It keeps getting killed by Scorpions...whereas it used to be able to solo 4-5 lost temple mobs (low level mobs...) so have you changed something? That together with the fact it sometimes stops working altogether, often gets stuck attacking a glitched ghost mob until you change map, and I'm now getting attacked and stuck by those invisible mobs has left it unplayable for me atm...

I'm not really seeing much said from the team which is dissapointing, other than arguing with Sanity.

Also as said by somebody else, your forum doesn't send activation emails so I'd suggest you remove it.

happypuppy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 15, 2003
BC, Canada
Also as said by somebody else, your forum doesn't send activation emails so I'd suggest you remove it.
randomly i noticed my account works without the activation anyhow. i suggest trying to post or something to see if it works for u

Amotea

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 16, 2008
There's a problem with the e-mail server that sends out the activation e-mails, our site admin will probably fix it in the next few days (no we're not going to remove the whole forum just because the activation e-mails currently don't work...). In the meantime I'm just activating all accounts manually. Edit: users are now verified using a CAPTCHA image on registration, their accounts are then instantly activated without having to confirm it via an e-mail link

Skeleton and Corpse have indeed been rebalanced, Skeleton was way too powerful in comparison to for example the warrior. It's still a great help, you just need to heal it now ;).

The skeleton bug is very annoying and it's hard to replicate as it seems to happen randomly, we did change some stuff in that area for the next patch so maybe it'll sort itself out (I can't seem to replicate it here).

We've been working very hard on bugfixes, balancing and new content which will probably be in the game after a reboot tomorrow (that's why you haven't heard much from us). Please have a look at the changelist on our forums: http://forums.legendoftheorient.com/showthread.php?tid=13

Please post any suggestions and bug reports on our official forums, it's too easy for them to get lost in this one thread and it's also easier to discuss just one topic per thread.
http://forums.legendoftheorient.com/index.php

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
There's a problem with the e-mail server that sends out the activation e-mails, our site admin will probably fix it in the next few days (no we're not going to remove the whole forum just because the activation e-mails currently don't work...).

...lol I meant remove the activation feature..

Skeleton is still a great help? Interesting...did I mention it gets killed by a Scorpion?

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Well i tryed and it just doesnt feel like wool so ill not play sorry :/.

Amotea

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 16, 2008
...lol I meant remove the activation feature..

Skeleton is still a great help? Interesting...did I mention it gets killed by a Scorpion?
Just went in-game to test: it doesn't get killed by a scorpion (lvl 1 skeleton). Didn't even have to heal it.

edit: did some more testing and observing and it seems balanced just right. If you really think there's something wrong with it, please open a topic on our forum with a clear motivation and we'll discuss it in the team. I'm off for now, good night!

Sorry to hear it, could you explain what it is that doesn't make it feel like wool?

Last edited:

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005

Deffo feels like woool to me its nice we have to do some grp hunting and not solo every were like mir.
not a bad server needs some tweaks but is ok.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Just went in-game to test: it doesn't get killed by a scorpion (lvl 1 skeleton). Didn't even have to heal it.

edit: did some more testing and observing and it seems balanced just right. If you really think there's something wrong with it, please open a topic on our forum with a clear motivation and we'll discuss it in the team. I'm off for now, good night!

A clear motivation? Interesting choice of words..

In order to keep skele alive I have to heal it constantly, meaning I can't attack as well, which renders it pointless and I can hunt quicker by myself.

Obviously your rigorous testing consisted of @mob scorpion and not entering a cave lol. Add a CaveBat to the equation and you'll see the difference.

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
The way i remember it you could solo most things on a tao it just used to be a pain leveling, on a 5 usercount server you don't need group hunting places.

/Topaz

Holmez

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 7, 2010
Its a real low rate server tbh.. i know a few people on it is why i play.. its just starting out though so expect lots of changes for the better. if you join and put ur feedback on forums im sure the peeps who run the server will do the best they can.

Amotea

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 16, 2008
A clear motivation? Interesting choice of words..

In order to keep skele alive I have to heal it constantly, meaning I can't attack as well, which renders it pointless and I can hunt quicker by myself.

Obviously your rigorous testing consisted of @mob scorpion and not entering a cave lol. Add a CaveBat to the equation and you'll see the difference.
Nah, I've tested it more extensively than that, I've also observed taos playing after the balance and it looked fine to me. Look, we take all comments from players seriously and invest time to find out if they're right and if we should change something. From what I have seen there is plenty of time to heal your skeleton, cast innerfire on annoying mobs (cavebats) and get in a few hits yourself. Maybe you need to target less mobs at the same time.

It's kind of annoying having to invest time to look into things based on some vague comments only to find out that they're simply not true in the first place. That's why I asked to clearly explain what's wrong with it, because we DO care. All things you've said about skeleton so far are simply not true, so yeah I'm not going to look into it any further based on these comments. (An example of a good comment would be: lvling solo at lvl X in dungeon Y floor Z with skeleton lvl L, fighting N mobs of type A and B is way too hard for tao, because: I can't heal him fast enough/I can't carry enough amulets/My DC is too low to do enough damage/Skelly doesn't hit hard enough/It costs too much mana to cast Inner Fire etc.)

played got bored b4 i hit lvl 7 has it took 2 long 2 get my first skill
Yeah, the first 7 levels aren't that exciting, but if you do the newbie quest it shouldn't take that long honestly.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I thought my example of skele getting killed in the lowest lvl cave that I know of by 2 mobs was good enough. Caves are all packed, how do you expect me to kill singular mobs 1 by 1? Them being packed isn't actually an issue because I can take the hits np and hunt quite easily by myself (without a pet). As I said though, bringing skele into it is just a waste of time and effort because it's more of a nuissance than anything having to heal it constantly/re-summoning because it dies so easily. Not to mention the fact it doesn't follow you around properly, it walks off to do it's own thing and gets carried away, and doesn't teleport back to you until there's nothing in range of it, so it's either a case of going where skele wants to go or going your own way and leaving him to die as there's no way to summon him back to you, like you can in mir. Pets are there to support tao's whilst leveing because they are designed to be the least easy class to level solo, and you've just gone and nerfed it. And you've displayed, with arrogance, that you have no intention of listening to me about it anymore?

Great job. That's the second player you've written off and you've not been online 2 weeks.

Amotea

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 16, 2008
That's not what I said, I asked for more specific information (based on facts), yeah I get annoyed when I go to check skelly twice just to find out your comments weren't true (that's like 20 minutes down the drain).

The information in your last post is way better, the AI is something that probably needs work and the spawns could be an issue for Tao I agree.

And yeah, I also get annoyed when all our efforts get pissed upon with comments such as 'LOL YOU JUST USED @MOB AND THEN WENT FOR A FAG GG' (when in fact I just spend 20 minutes looking at a non-issue, time I could have spent working on other bugs/features). Compared to all the original/private mir servers I can honestly say we've been WAY faster with implementing features and fixing bugs/balancing than any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.