Game Life Time Line

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
A fun post to see how you got here reading this post šŸ˜ Mine....

9 years old - Loved Sonic, still remember the cheats on the pad ... up down left right A & start together or up C down C left C right C etc!

Mario and Crash Bandicoot and Pokemon were all my favourites aswell around this era...

11 years old - FinalFantasy7 (and Iā€™m as excited to play the remake in 28 days time, as I was about the original) - that game actually has me in the feels just thinking of it now, probably my best game ever.

12 years old - Tomb Raider, loved watching my step dad play at the time, little did I know he probably just fancied her poindexters.

14 years old - Bang into Mir2 - Dragon server - played for over 2 years got lvl 45 wiz and loved every minute of it.

15 years old - I can remember waiting outside Woolworths I think it was at the time with my mate and we were well nervous coz we wanted to get GTA (18) and we got it, no ID, see ya later āœŒļø

Resident Evil got smashed a few times at this stage and I was a late starter to Parasite Eve although a great game.

16 + saw me having stints in various titles such as COD, League of Legends, Mir2 a few times.

Before a huge break, getting life sorted I spose, house, family, work...

Now Iā€™m right back round, itā€™s 2020, Iā€™m making a Mir2 server and still love the game, i like to think Iā€™m wise to see the crap gameā€™s that are out and about and feel sorry for some of the youngsters out their playing ultra care bear games like fortnite!

Iā€™m anticipating the return of Cloud and the overwhelming sadness of seeing Aerith die in HD, fingers crossed it doesnā€™t disappoint

Reactions: Chriz

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Oo i have zero concept of time so no idea about ages but my gaming path was:

Sega mega drive:
Sonic
Rolling thunder
Micky and donald disney game
Bonanza bros
Lion king

Ps1
Tekken
Final fantasy 7-9

Gameboy
Pokemon
Pokemon
Pokemon

Ps2
Final fantasy 10
Timesplitters
I amLoads others i cant remember

Dreamcast
Fur fighters
Power stone 2 (now this was a game! Still play it with friends and couple of beers)

Xbox
Final fantasy
Halo 3 (like 4k games clocked)

Pc
Runescape
Mir 2/3
GunZ online
World of warcraft
Ff online
South park stick of truth
League of legends

Today: finished software degree looking for graduate role. Maybe look at making a mir server after i am experienced coder

I am sure i am missing loads of games along the way but for me its been mainly pokemon red and blue, final fantasy 7, halo 3, timesplitters 2, power stone 2 and mir that have stood out among the years.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
All i know is bomber man was the tits as a kid...

Also Super Monkey Ball was also a banger on GameCube.

Growing up my uncles / Brother had pretty much every Nintendo Console growing up but was never a massive lover on console gaming, the floppy disc Saga was my true love with Bomber Man though.

Remember buying Dream Cast on the day it released to find out it only had like 2 games you could purchase lol, The Zombie game you'd get with it and the Gun-controller was kinda lit back then though.

PlayStation Games i can remember: Early DieHard, Crash Bandicoot, Early GTA with Birds Eye View, RayMan, Celebrity DeathMatch.. Loved DefJam too.

Basically Moved to PC games after PS2, consoles are assss.

Reactions: Hercules

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
Mario for the game boy

Marble madness-nes

Supermonkey island-floppy disc

Goof troop-snes

Pokemon colour

F1 97- ps1

Fifa 98rtwc

Will edit when not @ work

LuckyDip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
London
Sega mega drive:
Bonanza bros
this was one of the greatest games ive ever played!!
Alex the kid was another!

only ever played mir on pc since euro/ RZ1.9 days apart from the odd championship manager,

played and completed every pokemon game except the last 2,

now also sat here working on a mir server (nout that will be released in the next year but maybe 2021)

still have my N64 with golden eye, diddy kong and pokemon stadium :D

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Gameboy days were super special, it was like a tamagochi on roids with Pokemon, also Zelda was so good for a rubbish screen. I played a game called Gargoyles Quest for a long time, that was hard!

Thinking back....I think Nintendo were over rated for home consoles.....until the N64 bomb!

Megadrive days....Sonic and Golden Axe carrying that sh1t too hard (also loved Dr Robotniks Mean Bean Time Machine xD)

Playstation 1 10/10! FF7, ISS pro evolution 98 (super sick football game for the time), FF8 was a good FF (my first copied CD, got that sht1 for chips). I was too young to appreciate how good FF9 was, definetly a fan playing it over 30 xD
Me and my bro got both the ps1 and sega saturn for xmas.....RIP sega, I should give my parents the money back for that one....

N64/PS2 were too good, anyone from this era or before should have higher expectations from developers today because the games and feeling were beyond good!

The N64 controller IS THE COOLEST FUKING THING TO EVER HAPPEN, *** OFF HATERS!

PC then, can only remember Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, then it's Mir/Lineage 2 :P

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
These are free on your phone or tablet via playstore, streets of rage all time banger is to i play that often :p

Oh right, I didn't play that one, I played something similar on the NES called Double Dragon, that was the most addictive thing I had for that console because it was hard to pull off the super knee and whirlwind kicks, that fukin controller's fault ofc! Like worst controller ever, the earliest days of touch screen were probably better!

Reactions: LuckyDip

ColdFusion

LOMCN Rookie
May 25, 2019
Dreamcast, it had to be Shenmue I replayed the stories on those games about 40 times.

N64, playing Banjo-Kazooie, NCW vs. nWo: World Tour and all the Zelda games

I got my first PC when I was 9, windows 95 playing Earthworm Jim

All I played on the gameboy/colour/advanced was pokemon. I didn't play anything else.

With the PS1/2 I remember buying the magazines at the telegraph shop with the demos in them. I used to wait all week for them. pro evolution was the main game though, we used to make two teams and pick players to use on each team. First pick was always Toldo or Pele lol

Later on in my teens I started playing more on the computer, mainly online rpgs, runescape, second life, conquer online, WOW until I settled with conquer online and started a private server for it. Think I was 13 when I launched that.

Now I just download games on PC and play them. From those "Free Games Sites" :rolleyes:, and working on Valk, I still have no clue about MIR haha!!

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Oh my god how did i forget Zelda, a 6 year old me nearly drove myself insane trying to kill the massive dragon literally for months, my brother walks in the room like " yea just chuck bombs in the dragons mouth when it breathes fire at you " i was like bitchhhhh coulda told me this.

Upset more of you didn't play DefJam what a legendary game..

Or ReadyToRumble Ps2.

ColdFusion

LOMCN Rookie
May 25, 2019
Oh my god how did i forget Zelda, a 6 year old me nearly drove myself insane trying to kill the massive dragon literally for months, my brother walks in the room like " yea just chuck bombs in the dragons mouth when it breathes fire at you " i was like bitchhhhh coulda told me this.

Upset more of you didn't play DefJam what a legendary game..

Or ReadyToRumble Ps2.
I played Def Jam, wow that was a good game. Def Jam Vendetta I played on PS2

Reactions: Piff1

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Can't believe no ones mentioned Metal Gear 1 and 2.

1 was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too good for PS1 era, addictive as *** and putting the controller into port 2 to win a boss fight, holy sh1t the developers loved games back then before business demands took over.

PS2 had MG2 at the early stages, that game looked amazing for the time as well, fuuuuk where is the hype now....

FF7 remake is going to be lit, thank god Sqaure Enix has stopped having fun with new and strange additions, still sucks though we have to wait for so long cause of how much development work they put in.

The gap development between FF7 - FF10 is SHORTER than fuking FF15's half assed development cycle, Japan you were gods, please come back!!!

ANYONE WHO REMEMBERS 'LEGEND OF DRAGOON' is a fuking baller.
Needs an E3 trailer with it's music and a cool ass '2' to erupt a nerd earthquake and waterfall reaction vids xD

Last edited:

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Missed so much actually lol and Metal Gear Solid oh My!!! My cousin use to come stay over and we would play MGS all day taking it in turns to complete it and unlock stuff, great game
Post automatically merged:

Another one I missed off the list was command and conquer, link up in the same room, that was multiplayer back in the day mate!

Medal oh honour

Hogs of war

Rayman

Thereā€™s so many when I think hard

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Game boy - tetris, home alone, Mario and yoshi

Ps1 was my first console though, other than playing donkey Kong and goldeneye on friends n64's

Tomb Raider, GTA London, Gran Turismo, resident evil, rayman, crash bandicoot, theme hospital

Ps2 was was all about Vice City, FFX and X-2, and EverQuest online

Xbox 360 saw a lot of Halo 3 and CoD

Xbox One was mainly used for Rainbow Six Siege

PS4 is what I have now, for FF14

Never really played any PC games other than Mir and LoL

• Wow
Reactions: zedina and Hercules

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Theme Hosptial was lit

Theme Park was hard asf and go go gadget stretchy arms negotations was too much for a kid brain to handle.....

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
Theme Hosptial was lit

Theme Park was hard asf and go go gadget stretchy arms negotations was too much for a kid brain to handle.....
U guys mention so many games šŸ˜ N64 has to be one of the bestest consoles, literally Zelda for hourssssss.
Actually playing theme hospital atm waiting for a new Mir šŸ˜‚

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Donkey kong on n64, had to google it to make sure defo was n64, blast from the past watching the videos šŸ˜‚
Crash bandicoot and spyro and abeys obesyee on ps1
Post automatically merged:

theme park piā€ā€ed me off so much the divvy customers never bothered going to the back where my best bits were, they were to busy littering the damn path
Should of placed more bins down!

• Haha