Game Life Time Line

Join Discord

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Sega: Sonic Games / Altered Beast / Golden Axe / Streets of Rage / ToeJam & Earl / Castlevania
Gameboys- Pokemon games mainly.
Playstation Series - FinalFantasy 6-9 14/15, TimeSplitters, Spyro Series, Crash Series ...
XBOX - Turok, Halo, CoD, BattleField, Borderlands 1, 2 & Presequel
PC - Mir, WoW, PoE, LoL, KillingFloor 2, BL3 + copious amounts of other games

TL;DR
Played games since I was like 5, not stopped since.

BaldyDash

LOMCN n00bie
May 16, 2019
First game I ever played was flimbos quest and I think it was on the commodore 64

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
@LightBringer ahh yeah ToeJam & Earl :) I remember playing that quite a bit I actually completed that game (no cheats)

I used to have a one of those cheat cartridges for the megadrive where you could start the game, press the button on the cartridge, then lose a life (or whatever you wanted to change), and it would work out what value had changed in the code and give you a hex code that would allow you to edit that value to anything you wanted... it was great for playing secret levels and viewing things you could not normally see in game

Sonic2 had secret unfinished levels and things like that it was great fun :D

playing with infinite lives made most games boring after an hour or two and kinda ruined the game... but it was good for squeezing a few more hours out of a game you had already played to death

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
SimCity 2000! forgot about that

Early PC days were something else, RTS was so good in the early, now mmorpg, fps and moba's dominate.

C&C remake/comeback, a proper SimCity, along with Baldur's Gate 3 which is actually coming and throw in Terraria 2 + Theme Hospital 2 + Tekken 8 (balance that sh1t namco!) and PC would be my life, *** console!

C&C dead is the probably one of the biggest gaming upsets in history! Also everyone goes on about Red Alert 2 but Tiberiun Sun's theme and units were fire.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
@LightBringer ahh yeah ToeJam & Earl :) I remember playing that quite a bit I actually completed that game (no cheats)

I used to have a one of those cheat cartridges for the megadrive where you could start the game, press the button on the cartridge, then lose a life (or whatever you wanted to change), and it would work out what value had changed in the code and give you a hex code that would allow you to edit that value to anything you wanted... it was great for playing secret levels and viewing things you could not normally see in game

Sonic2 had secret unfinished levels and things like that it was great fun :D

playing with infinite lives made most games boring after an hour or two and kinda ruined the game... but it was good for squeezing a few more hours out of a game you had already played to death

It was such a good game, when I first found the secret level when you dropped down a floor from floor 1 (the hot tub area) I was over the moon xD

and that sounds cool as hell!

Not sure if anyone remembers the game "Magic Carpet" that was oddly addictive as hell

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
SimCity 2000! forgot about that

Early PC days were something else, RTS was so good in the early, now mmorpg, fps and moba's dominate.

C&C remake/comeback, a proper SimCity, along with Baldur's Gate 3 which is actually coming and throw in Terraria 2 + Theme Hospital 2 + Tekken 8 (balance that sh1t namco!) and PC would be my life, *** console!

C&C dead is the probably one of the biggest gaming upsets in history! Also everyone goes on about Red Alert 2 but Tiberiun Sun's theme and units were fire.
We had SIm City 2000 installed on the PC's at School.

Would literally just sit and play it during ICT lessons

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
I remember in SimCity2000 I played it normally for hours but then I worked out if you build one of those massive buildings for people to live in then put tax to 0% everyone would move in very quickly then put tax to 20% and you would get a huge sum of mony before everyone moved out... then tax to 0% and everyone moved back but you were now rich as hell lol then you could buy another of the massive buildings and repeat but each time gaining even more money :D

I used to set myself rules for playing games so you made them last longer... like completing with 1 life, beating time trial for each level, on worms I used to limit myself to ninja rope, metal girder, shotgun, prod... Sonic2 I used to play by myself two player but using my hands to control player one and feet to control player two

it was a bit like achievements today but you had to make your own... anyone else used to do this?

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
Ninja rope + dynamite is all i use on worms anyway, that or dragon punch are op as **** when life is set to 100 =)

I remember doing star world on mario over and over trying for flawless runs

<3 blue yoshi's

MoltenDrip

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2012
Colorado
DOOM (1993)
1581389175270.png
At the age of three, I memorized the command prompts to play DOOM, and knew that BFG, was short for "Big ******* Gun"..
Thanks to having two brothers, eight and fifteen years older then me, my childhood was far from dull.

My Game-Life Timeline is very short outside of Mir.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
DOOM (1993)
View attachment 22409
At the age of three, I memorized the command prompts to play DOOM, and knew that BFG, was short for "Big ******* Gun"..
Thanks to having two brothers, eight and fifteen years older then me, my childhood was far from dull.

My Game-Life Timeline is very short outside of Mir.

Haha Doom was one of those first titles where my parents didn’t realise it had swearing, getting private dances, this moved on to GTA3 where you’d pick up a brass and park in a quiet spot to see the car shake 🤣

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
No one has mentioned Syndicate (early pc) that was an awsome game my and my wife played it well and truely to death.. I have a masive Gaming history mainly thanks to the Blobbbys and total games (pirate software/games cds) In those days you used to get so many full games on 1 CD it was awsome

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
Spectrum/commodore
NES/master system
Snes
N64
Game cube
PC, Mir since beta testing, my mate stumbled upon it somehow, he still doesn't know how he found it.
Played till the end, and was gutted it finally closed. A bit off championship manager, then a few years on wow.
Not really played a game now in 7-8 years since kids came along. Still have yp to date gaming laptop though, as I'd like to get back into Mir

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
Wait a sec, you used to play with your feet!? 🤣 I want to see that lol

Yeah I did :) it was mostly sonic games because its really just left/right and jump and your just holding a direction a lot of the time if you know the level... I probably did play other games with my feet (like StreetFighter2) but I dont remember mostly I remember trying to beat levels in the quickest time in sonic2 two player

No one has mentioned Syndicate (early pc) that was an awsome game my and my wife played it well and truely to death..

Oh yeah I forgot about that... I loved it I think I played it on the megadrive though as I didn't get a pc until the late 90's

PC, Mir since beta testing, my mate stumbled upon it somehow, he still doesn't know how he found it.
Played till the end, and was gutted it finally closed.

I started about the same time just a few days before being required to pay monthly... I found it from watching the TV show about mir... and quit around the time new content was added (I think it was RedMoonEvil stuff)

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
Yeah I did :) it was mostly sonic games because its really just left/right and jump and your just holding a direction a lot of the time if you know the level... I probably did play other games with my feet (like StreetFighter2) but I dont remember mostly I remember trying to beat levels in the quickest time in sonic2 two player

Oh yeah I forgot about that... I loved it I think I played it on the megadrive though as I didn't get a pc until the late 90's

I started about the same time just a few days before being required to pay monthly... I found it from watching the TV show about mir... and quit around the time new content was added (I think it was RedMoonEvil stuff)
I watched it a fair few times at the start. Game network was a good programme on sky back in the day.