[GSP] Gelu Mir3 - Nostalgic Feel

smoochy boys on tour

Would you play GSP Gelu

• Total voters

GeluMir3

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 25, 2020
I have been thinking about creating a Nostalgic GSP server for users who want to play something that isn't Zircon.. not that Zircon is bad, it just has a different feel and vibe to some.

I'd like to know what people enjoy playing more and if they'd be interested in seeing a GSP server pop up, I'd like to point out this server will most probably not have an in-game store or the ability to donate, this will be at my expense as I enjoy the old feel of Mir3 rather than the newer files.

Would you be interested in playing, I have the client working absolutely fine in windows mode on windows 10 without any compatibility settings. Fullscreen however still has a few issues.

This will not be like Global and you WILL drop items on death or if you are killed via PVP.

123.png

I've been slowly working on stuff behind the scenes just in case players would play a GSP server, this includes a website and hopefully some bug fixes.

Web1.png

Web2.png

Update - 29-08-2021​

Going to put up a test server from my PC tonight to test account creation (may be slow to create accounts) and test connections.

You can download the client from the website hopefully [ Here ] - Remember it is just a test.

Download: http://www.mir3euro.co.uk/download.html
Patcher: http://www.mir3euro.co.uk/download/Launcher.rar
Discord: https://discord.gg/CzanqRgK57

Update 13/09/2021​

It seems there are issues with GSP which cannot be overcome.. these are the last working fully mir3 files that work on windows 10 so it is a shame they have too many issues.

Massive thank you to all the players that played and tried to make it work / deal with the issues.

Looks like I will have to join the rest and change to Zircon, the server will be higher rates than others and should be working right now.. website and thread have been updated with the downloads needed.

Image 0.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ventus

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Moved to Mir 3 Chat as this is not an upcoming advert.

Apparently you need to make the poll again. If you can't I'll make it for you tomorrow.

GeluMir3

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 25, 2020
Moved to Mir 3 Chat as this is not an upcoming advert.

Apparently you need to make the poll again. If you can't I'll make it for you tomorrow.

Thanks, I wasn't sure which would be the best section to post as it is an upcoming server but also an enquiry to the Mir3 playerbase.

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
There are a few players looking to play GSP. Did you fix the gate problem that randomly disconnects players?

GeluMir3

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 25, 2020
There are a few players looking to play GSP. Did you fix the gate problem that randomly disconnects players?

I figured there would be some players that prefer the older feel rather than the new, some things I can't test until its live and people are playing.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
For some of us "older feel" means 3.55 or even EI. :( I want to be 15 again.

EI wouldn’t be fixable with windows 10 as I couldn’t get the 3.38 files / QGO to run very well on windows 10, 3.55 uses the same client as 3.38 so will most likely have the same issue there, it’s not that it’s impossible to play but you can feel a slight delay.. which is annoying because I’d love for some good 3.55 servers to be opened..

Reactions: Alecs

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
EI wouldn’t be fixable with windows 10 as I couldn’t get the 3.38 files / QGO to run very well on windows 10, 3.55 uses the same client as 3.38 so will most likely have the same issue there, it’s not that it’s impossible to play but you can feel a slight delay.. which is annoying because I’d love for some good 3.55 servers to be opened..
I know, that's why I use a VM to play 3.55 but it still feels laggy sometimes.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Isn't GSP capped on 10 connections per login gate?

Also the reason GSP had that no items drop global buff is because the rate of item drop was like 1/3, almost every fight you were dropping something from equipment grid.

Reactions: Azura

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
Isn't GSP capped on 10 connections per login gate?

Also the reason GSP had that no items drop global buff is because the rate of item drop was like 1/3, almost every fight you were dropping something from equipment grid.

No GSP isn’t capped at 10 connections per rungate, even DJs ‘free’ rungates are 20 connections per gate.

I’m not sure about the drop from equipment grid %, I do know that pvp is a different rate than if you die to monsters though.

fmtf_

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2015
Sold!

I will happily play a glitchy MIR3 gsp rather than have a current mir3 server on my computer.. or external hdd.

Last edited:

GeluMir3

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 25, 2020
Going to put up a test server from my PC tonight to test account creation (may be slow to create accounts) and test connections.

You can download the client from the website hopefully [ Here ] - Remember it is just a test.

Reactions: checkra1n

GeluMir3

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 25, 2020
has the gate issue been fixed?

This is what I would like to test before moving it away from a home connection.
Post automatically merged:

I am going to set the EXP rate high for the test today.

XPTest.png

Last edited:

GeluMir3

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 25, 2020
is custom or orginal?

This is Original for now until I add content, this is a test of the files at the moment but with no major bugs there will not be a wipe.

EXP will stay at 130% increase, Drops 100% increase, Gold 100% increase.