Getting bad FPS not using GPU

Lee

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 24, 2018
Was wondering if anyone has had a simular issue on a laptop. Its a optimus enabled laptop but has no option to disable it, meaning some old games are forced to use the iGPU instead of my GPU.

Is there a work around for this at all? Really wanted to give Mir a shot again but its off putting with the bad performance.

Lee

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 24, 2018
Mir2 is using my iGPU and im getting 12-20 fps in game. Performance is piss poor. Is there a work around to force GPU usage?

Lee

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 24, 2018
Yeh didnt realise op post was pending, thought I was tripping balls.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
giphy.gif

Pusha

Playing Legend Of Mir 6
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Might try this with my new PC how do you get an accurate reading of if Mir is using the GPU and also the framerate.

Thanks

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
just turn debugging on in the client, then look at the fps with that option turned on / off - i'm sure it'll show you a difference.

Reactions: Pusha

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
You can just go into most GPU hardware and hard select a certain exe / app to always run off the gpu.

Pusha

Playing Legend Of Mir 6
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
TinyXp BareBones + ACPI, i remember you linking me to TinyXP on MSN xD Everyone thought we was using speed hacks on oldskool 2.3
I remember smashing Chucky on Mir Revenge to bits when I found out about this and using VM for running Mir on single core, he had been doing it for ages dunno how I got faster than him but apparently I was skipping around the screen and he couldn't touch me :ROFLMAO:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I remember smashing Chucky on Mir Revenge to bits when I found out about this and using VM for running Mir on single core, he had been doing it for ages dunno how I got faster than him but apparently I was skipping around the screen and he couldn't touch me :ROFLMAO:
xD ACPI, TinyXp BareBones, Single Core combo was a weird one, some people it would make very fast but it would make some people like ******* superman, Ben, Trance and Wond were all a fair bit faster than me even though i was running the same OS etc.

Pusha

Playing Legend Of Mir 6
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
xD ACPI, TinyXp BareBones, Single Core combo was a weird one, some people it would make very fast but it would make some people like ******* superman, Ben, Trance and Wond were all a fair bit faster than me even though i was running the same OS etc.
Was a madness wasn't it, I actually felt guilty because smashing people was so easy hahah, giving people kit back etc to balance out the guilt with the fun lool

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Was a madness wasn't it, I actually felt guilty because smashing people was so easy hahah, giving people kit back etc to balance out the guilt with the fun lool
It was just straight up as bad as cheats lol, somebody who wasn't ACPI'd back in 1.4-2.6 days just couldn't compete in pvp vs somebody who was, you could just walk around them and you'd be so far ahead, Kinda glad tweaking is gone now although it was fun it sucked really for some players.

AnDy/Trance

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 29, 2004
Pattaya, Thailand
It's because you needed specific overclocked ram with stupid ram timings to make it crazy. Back then we had CRT monitors with mega refresh rates. My PC was boiling hot. Since I shared accounts with Ben he had the same settings as me...wasn't really much of an issue buying it since there was money from Qatar :ROFLMAO:. That's also why Bullpit was super cracked speed when he played from Germany, he just had all my settings.

ipwnu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2015
It was just straight up as bad as cheats lol, somebody who wasn't ACPI'd back in 1.4-2.6 days just couldn't compete in pvp vs somebody who was, you could just walk around them and you'd be so far ahead, Kinda glad tweaking is gone now although it was fun it sucked really for some players.
It really sucked if you wasn’t fast though, people literally skipping on your screen lol, getting hit before the image had even shown or when you was 1 step away from someone on your screen.