Status
Not open for further replies.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
As posted by pob...

As Pingu said we will be working to revamp elysian with the alot of new ideas.
The biggest problem atm is the lack of content due to coders having irl issue,work and simply not enough time to devote to coding.
Theres a possibility Elysian may come back under 2.3 which would give us a massive instant ability to add unending content untill the 2.6 is at a point where we can match the abilitys of a 2.3.
Also there is a possibility we may return as a low/medium rate server rarther than a high rate server.
This would allow the server to be more balanced for all class's.

All these decisions will be made very soon and updates will be posted on the forum as soon as we have decided.
Alot of the decision making will be left to the current players,after all its the game you play and we would like your thoughts and feed back on these matter to create a better server.

Elysian was released when it was buggy 5 months ago.We aim to re release elysian with a better start in the hope of a better future and much larger user count.

In all honesty don't bother bringing elysian back if pobs in the team it will just fail again and alot of people are put off playing his servers, and tbh i wouldn't bother re releasing Elysian, make a new more customised server and don't get it wrong from the start as you did with elysian by not having time to do any work on it when it needed it. Quite funny how this server got lomcn approved... didn't last long, had silly items in its gameshop as soon as pob wormed his way in and ruined it even more.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
What you mean lol i'm not bothered, i didn't play the server since pob joined, just letting ppl know as none of you lot have said anything on here about it.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Maybe havent got around atm as people work and have other things todo.

But i'm sure they will post whats happening with what ever think think is needed.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Who is 'they'? Isn't it your server? Lol.

I don't quite understand though...you've basically said 2.3 are still better than your files?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Is rather funny, i thought elysian files were meant to be amazing, and had so much more content than TDs.

I cant see how going back to 2.3 will "give us a massive instant ability to add unending content ". What sort of unending content? rly? lol.

I do feel abit sorry for the coders, all the work thats gone into the files just been ruined by pob

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
lol @ good night elysian.
Elysian is down for a short period to do some improvments not permanently.

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
ruined by pob.explain how i ruined anything?.
Atm we carnt add mobs n stuff unless they are coded.
problem with that is our coders have a life and are very busy.
and if you read properly the post said it was a possibility and not fact.
Once again ben you jump in feet first with out any thought just to have a pop at me,just like you always do

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Is rather funny, i thought elysian files were meant to be amazing, and had so much more content than TDs.

I cant see how going back to 2.3 will "give us a massive instant ability to add unending content ". What sort of unending content? rly? lol.

I do feel abit sorry for the coders, all the work thats gone into the files just been ruined by pob

the files are very good ben you know kyn/lil wouldnt go off and code crap.

and we know there is codeing work left todo like any project.

its being moved due the coders aka kyn/lil time around atm kyn has taken a other many miles from where he lived it will take him awhile to get back up and running and i feel there is no need to stress lil to code all day on his time off.

At one point was Ely was mine but its been kinda turned in a grp thing lol.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
ruined by pob.explain how i ruined anything?.
Atm we carnt add mobs n stuff unless they are coded.
problem with that is our coders have a life and are very busy.
and if you read properly the post said it was a possibility and not fact.
Once again ben you jump in feet first with out any thought just to have a pop at me,just like you always do

ppl just dont like u, thats why u ruin it

what do you mean by you cant add mobs? how are you going to be able to add mobs on 2.3 that you cant atm? im rly confused lol. you cannot code, or add ne thing new to TDs

and i was under the impression elysian files were TD standards and beyond, so i dont see why downgradin to 2.3 would help

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
Didnt read all the replys as I couldnt realy care less about elysian as it was fail from day one and a new gm day in day out but what you said Gezza about leaving Alot of the decision making will be left to the current players you mean all 8 of them ? Wow yeah can see this going far.. Iceman started elysian I belive ? Correct me if im wrong, why start something you cant finish and let multiple number of people run it with several gms being added and removed, I think the whole things is a joke. What I just said is only what I've barely took in from what other people had said around the forums so I maybe totaly wrong so apologies if im wrong with what I'm saying. This is a reason why I have never botherd playing elysian (Wouldnt ever play a server under the management of Paul any way thats another story and we wont go there.) as it seems there new gms more than there is new players joining. Now it down for a revamp lol, whos working on it this time ? I personaly cant see this elysian server going much further as now it seems they struggle with usercount and now close server to be reworked on. Seen this all before...

Edit -
Oh and the good old orignal excuse "gm's, coders who ever have irl issues and no time for the server" bullsh!t if you ask me lol, if you/they cant find time for the server then dont bother, let people who have the time, do it.

Last edited:

DiabloDoom

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 1, 2010
It's the perfect example of good files dont neccesarily make a good server.

I quit after the 2nd Wipe/when pob was corrupt/when GM's didn't even care about exploited kit and gold/When pob started selling ridiculous items/when it turned into DarkRealm.....lols

Server owners dont listen to the players, and just keep adding pointless **** that noone wants, people ask for things to be fixed and wait a month for it to happen.

Hand the files properly to someone capable of running a server.

But again, Gratz on approved status.

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
ppl just dont like u, thats why u ruin it

what do you mean by you cant add mobs? how are you going to be able to add mobs on 2.3 that you cant atm? im rly confused lol. you cannot code, or add ne thing new to TDs

and i was under the impression elysian files were TD standards and beyond, so i dont see why downgradin to 2.3 would help

Elysian does not use a graphics folder so each mob has to be coded into a multi will so we can not add custom mobs unless its coded in the a will.ive been asking for weeks for map tiles and mobs to be coded in but still nothing.going back to 2.3 would solve all the problems with the lack of content and updates

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Don't get how you can move it to 2.3... That defeats the whole object of what Elysian was meant to be?

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Maybe you should have had kyn and lil concentrate on coding in the features TD coded to make it more customisable, instead of just going for official features?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Elysian does not use a graphics folder so each mob has to be coded into a multi will so we can not add custom mobs unless its coded in the a will.ive been asking for weeks for map tiles and mobs to be coded in but still nothing.going back to 2.3 would solve all the problems with the lack of content and updates

should train ur coders better than, that woulda been 1 of the 1st things id ask to be coded in. instead of all these half arsed unfinished features.

Maybe you should have had kyn and lil concentrate on coding in the features TD coded to make it more customisable, instead of just going for official features?

i love u, my little coding slave

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
I do think that was 1 of the biggest downfalls of Elysian, kyn and lil had more than enough ability, but they just seemed to code whatever they wanted, not what was needed by the team. Maybe a slight lack of team work? Who knows.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
tbh the files are in a very good state.. i don't see how going back to 2.3 can fix the problem since going back will only mean have more wils and loose about 5 big features which are ingame..

just play around with the features you have in instead of going back.. make events and replace useless mobs and caves with other things new.. you can skill do that if you wanted..

i guess it won't take much for lil to add a working graphics folder to this..

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
You know it would make things a lot easier if lil/kyn code a graphics folder so the server team can do more than they can do now.

h

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
As people have already said, I really don't see how downgrading to 2.3 is going to help you at all...I think people play Elysian for the new features, not for the well written scripts and such (sarcasm intended).

The problem is, I think, the fact that no one really knows what it's all about, and the lines seem to have overlapped. By that I mean are they coding to create a good set of files, or are they coding to make Elysian server? I know for a fact that the answer used to be the first option, and even if that has changed to the second, their hearts aren't in it. I think in the eyes of kyndigs, Elysian was/is just a hamster for bug testing. You got carried away and thought they'd do what you want and when you want it? And it didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.