Hello

smoochy boys on tour

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Been awhile since ive played mir. Any big mir2 servers in the work? Just checked listing and mir2 user base looking very low since i played last, last time i checked forums artificial was doing well what happened? Did people burn through content too fast?

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
Yeah, Artificial got boring quick as it was based on USA which was a shame as USA failed pretty quick so I don't think copying it like for like was the best idea. I believe they now have their own roadmap which may lead to unique content but it's kind of too late now.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Hey Piff,

Welcome back!

Artificial - has a decent user count of around 70 online and remember it's being out for near a year pretty good I think to hold 70 users after a year.

Limiting my answers below to up and coming / new servers as looks like that what's your after

New Servers: (out / about to release)
* Titan World (GM TheOnlyOne)
* WildDragon (3gena)
(Is also odyseey that around 2 months old as I would count 2 months as new)

Up and coming:

* Merciful - GM Nameless - Server was up few days last week for testing which makes me think this might be the next server apart from the above hitting live (just guessing)

* Champions - GM liamforde - no release date

I am sure there is a few I might of missed due to no recent comments / some in the works but think they are the ones I have seen recent chatter around that are new / up and coming. Enjoy!

Reactions: Piff1 and 3gena

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Yeah, Artificial got boring quick as it was based on USA which was a shame as USA failed pretty quick so I don't think copying it like for like was the best idea. I believe they now have their own roadmap which may lead to unique content but it's kind of too late now.
Thats a huge shame, i followed the progress early days i thought it would still be holding 200+ after 10months. Hopefully the roadmap can salvage it a little.

@LOMValkyrie have you stopped working on v2? You was showing me some content you had for v2 and breezer was doing some great stuff for v2 also, hope that does not go to waste was some very unique features and designs in there.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Thats a huge shame, i followed the progress early days i thought it would still be holding 200+ after 10months. Hopefully the roadmap can salvage it a little.

@LOMValkyrie have you stopped working on v2? You was showing me some content you had for v2 and breezer was doing some great stuff for v2 also, hope that does not go to waste was some very unique features and designs in there.

Artificial banned a lot of cheaters which then got angry and heavily DDoSed the server for days. They managed to put it up again but the user count took a big hit.

Breezer probably left his work half done.

xXxLegendxXx

Banned
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Been awhile since ive played mir. Any big mir2 servers in the work? Just checked listing and mir2 user base looking very low since i played last, last time i checked forums artificial was doing well what happened? Did people burn through content too fast?
Hello @Piff1 welcome back dude, artficial mir 2 has hit the dust unfortunately and i'd say 70% of their players left the server the majority of the current usercount are without a doubt mining, fishing characters.

If you're looking for a low rate i'd go for Odysessy but the majority of the usercount will leave as soon as 3gena's server gets released.

However if you're looking for a high rate server that will probably "out-live"(as in you'd die irl and the server would still be running so you'd never see it end) you, i'd recommend Arcadia its been open for 7 years great usercount 70 on usual days, on event days they sometimes hit 130. It's gets the highest usercount in mir 2 from time to time tbh, so far its out-lived every server so extremely reliable.

And finally, if your looking for a peaceful highrate with really interesting quests, i'd recommend Project 69; yes the server is low usercount, sometimes hits 10 but its really fun and enjoyable, you can think of it as a story -- quest -- achievements kind of server, i gurantee u im not talking bs, i know people who've played the server for 5 years straight, and they still do. I also know people who play new servers, once they die come back to arcadia or p69 for a few months and then again repeat. repeat.

Otherwise, hold your horses wait until a cashcow server gets released and play it for a few months, eventually gm makes enough cash then closes it.
And then just repeat the endless cycle of joining a server after a server, they keep getting closed really frustrating tbf.

No offense to all but some good servers do get released once a while, they are extremely rare though, in the end the server owners get mentally damaged by a few toxic players and people who just trashtalk the server meanwhile playing it and donating LOL.

Bare in mind its really stressfull to run a mir 2 server publicly; the cries the moans, the people spamming in ur dms, happens even when its 3am in the morning and ur trying to sleep. hence why most people give up, the others its just either that they've lost interest in the game or they've made enough cash and have came to a realization that they wont make much more ££ and if they keep running the server its gonna cost them ££, so what they gonna do? close it ofc.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Artificial banned a lot of cheaters which then got angry and heavily DDoSed the server for days. They managed to put it up again but the user count took a big hit.

Breezer probably left his work half done.

Pff, need double emotes per post...

Wanted to press laugh one for the second line, but feeling sad for Artificial as @Chriz is a sound guy.

Reactions: xXxLegendxXx

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Hello @Piff1 welcome back dude, artficial mir 2 has hit the dust unfortunately and i'd say 70% of their players left the server the majority of the current usercount are without a doubt mining, fishing characters.

If you're looking for a low rate i'd go for Odysessy but the majority of the usercount will leave as soon as 3gena's server gets released.

However if you're looking for a high rate server that will probably "out-live"(as in you'd die irl and the server would still be running so you'd never see it end) you, i'd recommend Arcadia its been open for 7 years great usercount 70 on usual days, on event days they sometimes hit 130. It's gets the highest usercount in mir 2 from time to time tbh, so far its out-lived every server so extremely reliable.

And finally, if your looking for a peaceful highrate with really interesting quests, i'd recommend Project 69; yes the server is low usercount, sometimes hits 10 but its really fun and enjoyable, you can think of it as a story -- quest -- achievements kind of server, i gurantee u im not talking bs, i know people who've played the server for 5 years straight, and they still do. I also know people who play new servers, once they die come back to arcadia or p69 for a few months and then again repeat. repeat.

Otherwise, hold your horses wait until a cashcow server gets released and play it for a few months, eventually gm makes enough cash then closes it.
And then just repeat the endless cycle of joining a server after a server, they keep getting closed really frustrating tbf.

No offense to all but some good servers do get released once a while, they are extremely rare though, in the end the server owners get mentally damaged by a few toxic players and people who just trashtalk the server meanwhile playing it and donating LOL.

Bare in mind its really stressfull to run a mir 2 server publicly; the cries the moans, the people spamming in ur dms, happens even when its 3am in the morning and ur trying to sleep. hence why most people give up, the others its just either that they've lost interest in the game or they've made enough cash and have came to a realization that they wont make much more ££ and if they keep running the server its gonna cost them ££, so what they gonna do? close it ofc.
Thanks for the information, I'd honestly love to play Arcadia and personally think it would be huge if books actually dropped, same problem with p69 you have to pay 100s to obtain every skill and most skills are mandatory or you can not compete, I've tried a few times with players helping me but never managed to obtain any decent spells.

I'll most likely play @3gena server I enjoyed his early servers, haven't been around for any of his newer ones but guess he's improved with time, WarCraft was fun was that one of his early servers ?

Reactions: 3gena

Warda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 10, 2010
West Yorkshire
Thanks for the information, I'd honestly love to play Arcadia and personally think it would be huge if books actually dropped, same problem with p69 you have to pay 100s to obtain every skill and most skills are mandatory or you can not compete, I've tried a few times with players helping me but never managed to obtain any decent spells.

I'll most likely play @3gena server I enjoyed his early servers, haven't been around for any of his newer ones but guess he's improved with time, WarCraft was fun was that one of his early servers ?
Welcome back, have you tried Arcadia recently?

We've been reviewing a lot of the community feedback around spells and have given them a much needed face lift.
Take a look at this post: https://www.thelegendofmir.com/arcadia-skill-review/

There is some development going on currently, and you can expect to see more updates with spells in the near future (among other things).

Reactions: xXxLegendxXx

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
I don't think there's been any news on Jamie's Sapphire server yet, unless it's on Discord, which I don't check.

xXxLegendxXx

Banned
Banned
Apr 26, 2019

Books now drop much easier , i have a tao a warr a wiz, with all spells including the non mandatory ones and i didnt spend 1 single GG

Scorpion also released a guide to where all skills drop from! now easy to farm.
Post automatically merged:

further note, you never ever had to spend 100s of £ for books, in p69 if u were to buy a classes whole spells, including non mandatory ones it would only cost £100 lol. for arcadia its not that high either, now v easy to farm u should give it a go :)