Help Help!

Sphortex

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2006
so i have this

1600370598636.png

but none of the .X files show up in there should they be showing up ? and is this map edit going to work for making maps or is it to actually create .X files as thats not what i want i want a functional mapedit that i cancreate maps with the Tiles are just showing up white in older versions of mapedit i was told on a previous thread that i need to some how have the map editor which is here and then compile with Visual Studio which i have no clue where to go from here so any direction will help

thanks
Post automatically merged:

Sphortex

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2006
Run the map edit exe from the same location as your game client.exe and it should see all the required objects.

I have tryed everything like that still nothing if I also put the mapedit.exe on it's on in client root folder it doesn't load the program up if I add it with the config files with it , it then just creates a new object folder which I already have someone said somthing about compiling it or somthing but I don't know how to to it am so confused with this right now 😭

Upvote 0

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
take a screenshot of where you are running this from.

I can't replicate your issue unless you dont have all the required stuff in the right location (the editor within your client)
your client also needs to be populated, it can't be an empty client.

Upvote 0

Sphortex

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2006
ok what do you want a screen shot of my client folder ?

1600439386106.png

well all of a sudden its working but how do i start making a map with this program ive never used it as i have never got it working before ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
ok what do you want a screen shot of my client folder ?

View attachment 24117

well all of a sudden its working but how do i start making a map with this program ive never used it as i have never got it working before ?

You create a blank map then start putting tiles down.

Upvote 0

Sphortex

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2006
ok but its only putting one tile down when i click on the map doesnt continuously apply the tile if i hold click down i have to click again and in each one i dont know where certain tiles are ?

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Considered just looking through the list?

Not sure what you're expecting people to do. If you want a list of where every individual tile is found in the list you're dreaming.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Sphortex

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2006
Far thats not what i am worried about right now to be honest what i want is how to actually put down more then one tile at a time and can you put in full trees or do you have tiles in each pice i am asking these things because i am learning this i have never used this in my life

Upvote 0

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Tiles = single tiles on a map.
If you want to place multiple tiles at once, or a full tree etc you do it via objects.

Navigating the tiles is a nightmare, you are best off spending time bundling them up into folders (categories) to help you.

It isnt an overnight thing and it takes a lot of getting used to, I would probably mess around with existing maps before trying to create one from scratch.

EDIT: You will need to create your own objects etc to make your life easier.

Upvote 0

Sphortex

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2006
yes i totally agree my friend and bundling them up sounds like an amazing idea but how do i go about doing that ?

and it doesnt allow me to zoom out so i can see the full map so when i makea map its only so much i can fill in and the rest is black because i cant get to it to place tiles down

thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
you just create an internal structure of folders and store the tiles in named folders such as "Desert" "Forest" etc

On the original Map Editor (probably somewhere else as well) there are options for zoom in / out etc.

Upvote 0

Sphortex

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2006
so you mean i move the .X object in to a folder named Grass for example ? and

is there not a way to get the old editor working with these as i know how to use the old one

Upvote 0