Help Help

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
After viewing a video earlier of a program I wont mention for obvious reasons. I wonder if there is a way to block Dos attacks on servers ? Turning Respond to Ping to off doesn't help. I've tested this program on my home network running a bog standard crystal server and it instantly smacks it to hell.
I'm not a network person so don't even know if it's possible to block these attacks.
Please appreciate my windows paint skills :ROFLMAO:

Edit: Just had a little brain fart..... Is there any software out there that can instantly block IP's that have sent to many pings within a set time ?

1614641710542.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ventus

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Your best shot is to pay for DDoS mitigation. Big attacks don't come from a single IP, they come from botnets which means hundreds of IP addresses. You wouldn't be able to just start blocking them.

Reactions: Jev and astrix
Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Yeah its not down to the application to prevent these types of attacks really. I could easily add code to block a spamming ip - but you're still being hammered with requests which will block the network.

If you're running a public server you should invest in hosting which prevents DOS/DDOS. Experience can be seen on any server which has been put live in the past, all of them get DOS attacks from petty users.

Reactions: Jev
Upvote 0