Here we go again.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I loved Synthesis, even tho I started late. I also loved the memory mechanics, rather dissapointed they decided to not make it core.

Not sure how Legion will play out, seems kinda 'meh' in comparison. Just breach that requires more time to spawn.
Also can't decide what to play.

byjGsq.jpg

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Hey bud, just checked this out. It reminds me of Diablo / Champions of Norrath. Do you need a decent specced PC to play it? Is it pc only? Looks like an offline game from the video?

Didn't have long to check it out!

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
- Diablo is child's play in comparison, literally.
- You don't need insane spec's. I'm still running my 2x6870's that are 8(?) years old.
- PC / XBOX / PS4
- Online only

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
IMO PoE was always a good game, but they need to phase things in and out of Seasons, they have a lot of good stuff, but it can sometimes feel a bit much.
I wish they would also get rid of some spells, as they are adding more and more to the mix without purging some others (or just removing them for the specific season)
Only sparsely played last season, not even looked into this season!

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
IMO PoE was always a good game, but they need to phase things in and out of Seasons, they have a lot of good stuff, but it can sometimes feel a bit much.
I wish they would also get rid of some spells, as they are adding more and more to the mix without purging some others (or just removing them for the specific season)
Only sparsely played last season, not even looked into this season!

I agree somewhat that having Alva, Niko, Syndicate, and Bestiary all thrown in randomly gets a bit annoying, when you can't actually choose to focus farm them if you wanted to outside of the daily quest. But you can choose to just ignore it without any real effort.

Why is more skill choice bad? Sorry, I don't get that.

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
Think I played upto 3.1.
Wouldn't mind giving it another blast.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I agree somewhat that having Alva, Niko, Syndicate, and Bestiary all thrown in randomly gets a bit annoying, when you can't actually choose to focus farm them if you wanted to outside of the daily quest. But you can choose to just ignore it without any real effort.

Why is more skill choice bad? Sorry, I don't get that.

Do you know what, I dont even think it is that (other than change tracking is a tad annoying if you miss a season) however, my one major set back on the game, is how currency reliant some of the most fun builds are to play (I get its supply and demand) (back when playing the worminator <3)

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Not trying to be negative here, but what builds are locked behind high currency costs?
I can't think of a single one that you couldn't farm up in a short weekend if you wanted to. Considering the leagues last 3 months, that not bad IMO.

Most of the builds you see on the forums work with 1/10th of the actual investment just fine. Hell, I played the flashback on what was essentially a 4-link just fine.

The only item I can think of that costs any amount is the HeadHunter & Zerphy's to some extent, but that's not required for anything really, it's a fun gimmick item for mindless map farming. and the only real chase item in the game. I usually pick one up (50-55ex) around the 2 weeks mark.

--

Just poke me if you decide to play, I'm sure I can help you with whatever once I get settled.
ium4QW.jpg

Last edited:

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Is this cross platform ? Much prefer playing PoE on PS4 as it’s more chill. I get lost in the different leagues though every time I login there’s something new haha

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Don't think so, tho I'm not sure.

I haven't touched a console in over 10 years...

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Not trying to be negative here, but what builds are locked behind high currency costs?
I can't think of a single one that you couldn't farm up in a short weekend if you wanted to. Considering the leagues last 3 months, that not bad IMO.

Most of the builds you see on the forums work with 1/10th of the actual investment just fine. Hell, I played the flashback on what was essentially a 4-link just fine.

The only item I can think of that costs any amount is the HeadHunter & Zerphy's to some extent, but that's not required for anything really, it's a fun gimmick item for mindless map farming. and the only real chase item in the game. I usually pick one up (50-55ex) around the 2 weeks mark.

--

Just poke me if you decide to play, I'm sure I can help you with whatever once I get settled.
ium4QW.jpg

Everything is expensive for me as my RnG luck has been terrible on the last couple of leagues :(

However; Purifying Flame build seems to be working well so far!
Don't get much time on games atm so not sure what late game is going to be like but we'll see! lol

I am used to being in maps after the first 48 hours :')

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
New league starts in a couple of hours if anyone is interested. After 3 month break. I'm ready to get stuck in again.

Only played the last league for 10'ish days myself, as expected it was kinda 'meh' & Synthesis + flashback pretty much burnt me out.

L30nFlash

LOMCN n00bie
Nov 3, 2019
USA
New league starts in a couple of hours if anyone is interested. After 3 month break. I'm ready to get stuck in again.

Only played the last league for 10'ish days myself, as expected it was kinda 'meh' & Synthesis + flashback pretty much burnt me out.

Really surprise how fun this Blight League is. I can’t help but think how great it could be in its own instants based system like delve. I hope this could be a possibility for future core implementation.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I can't really say the mechanic is all that fun. It's poorly designed and even more poorly optimized (The blight maps couldn't even run for the first month because they crashed the instances)

Borderline impossible to do on melee without random shotgun kills or just plain failing because you can't be in 5 lanes at once. And as Necro it's trivial, I don't even have to move.

In essence, depending on your build it's either far more effort than it's worth or no effort at all. I mean, it's not 'bad' unless you play melee, but I just don't see any fun in the mechanic itself.