Holy stat . How does it work ?

Join Discord

CountedZero

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 4, 2019
Know that 'Holy ' is prefered stat for undead. But is it a multiplier ? ie:- SC 8 . 24 with 4 Holy gives SC 16 . 48 ?
How does it work ?
Looking forward to the information .

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
It's actually pretty trash for tao's (the class which it's meant to be aimed at) as the stat is only applies when using melee hits which isn't as helpful as it being applied to spell damage too.

Here's the modifier for the melee
Code:
                //Only undead targets
                if (ob.Undead)
                {
                    damageBase = Math.Min(int.MaxValue, damageBase + Holy);
                    damageFinal = damageBase;//incase we're not using skills
                }

CountedZero

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 4, 2019
Thank you Pete .
Was getting excited ,looking forward to cooling a few Mobs with a Fan . But seems my Tao will continue as 'Support '.
Revelation went 1st , then we got PoisonGems for everyone . I suppose there will soon be HolyGems.
" just to ballance things out " . What the heck ! Still going to keep playing .

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Thank you Pete .
Was getting excited ,looking forward to cooling a few Mobs with a Fan . But seems my Tao will continue as 'Support '.
Revelation went 1st , then we got PoisonGems for everyone . I suppose there will soon be HolyGems.
" just to ballance things out " . What the heck ! Still going to keep playing .

Are you referring to a servers stat or just the stat in general on the crystal files?

I was referring to the holy stat in general on crystal files.

The stat may differ on some servers but generally people overlook it and it stays as it is.

No idea the modifier on other files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CountedZero

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 4, 2019
Thanks Pete.
It was just a general question . I think I just play to Refine stuff , and was thinking to add SC to the Fan.
Now after your explanation DC could/should be my route.
Bugger ! will have to take Carlos' sister to dinner again ( Damn she ugly ! ) just to get a better chance at my refines.

Sent from my clapped out PC using one digit .

• Haha
Reactions: Chriz

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
It's actually pretty trash for tao's (the class which it's meant to be aimed at) as the stat is only applies when using melee hits which isn't as helpful as it being applied to spell damage too.

Here's the modifier for the melee
Code:
                //Only undead targets
                if (ob.Undead)
                {
                    damageBase = Math.Min(int.MaxValue, damageBase + Holy);
                    damageFinal = damageBase;//incase we're not using skills
                }

Didn't realise this... it's quite naff!

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
I remember on euro for years I was told Holy was the equivalent to luck against the undead lol.

But i believe it's the same as above even in the official sources just a flat + damage 1:1 increase on melee. Probably more useful to a warrior/sin lol

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Its naff, just like Halucination, we need some brave server owners.

Gotta give some credit to Jamie, the only guy who made Halucination an actual spell!

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
I agree with libero hallu and holy need sorting tbh. It has done my head in on previous servers other classes **** loads of mc dc ac amc ect taos get +2 holy. that never actually works ive heard so many diff stories about what holy does and i say stories because after testing what the gms have said clearly is a story. Maybe intend it to work with holy deva or mass heal something thats not around sfb or people will cry that taos do damage

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
on TPR we've incorporated Holy to actually act as an additional modifier to certain spells (be it boost their damage, duration, effect length, proc chance etc)

So it is worth getting it, we could do a lot more with it, so it can change the way spells work if you hit thresholds.
(What I would've done at start)
Healing = 1 square -target only
> but if you have over holy+10 it turns your Healing into MassHealing
Post automatically merged:

Its naff, just like Halucination, we need some brave server owners.

Gotta give some credit to Jamie, the only guy who made Halucination an actual spell!

What did Hallu do on that server/

Reactions: Sanjian

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
replace Holy with 'Yin and Yang', make it a possible add on every item (as rare as attack speed add), remove Holy/Yin and Yang from Tao weapons.

All damage abilities vs undead
Warrior :
Halfmoon/Crosshalfmoon - every +1 takes away the aoe damage penalty (up to penalty 0%)
Blade Avalanche - every +1 adds 10% damage (up to 100%)
Every +1 increases total AC+AMC +5%, up to 50% (no fuking Warrior itemizes defensive items in PvP, now a reason to, maybe they need a utility skill to promote being more of a tank though)

Tao:
Increase healing effectiveness up to +10% every +1 based off targets missing health (up to 100%) ( target is 100% = healing effectiveness 10% with +1 or +10, target is 10% health = 100% healing effectivness with +10, +1 is 10%).
While monster is trap hex'd, Soulfireball/DarkSoulfireball deal 5% of targets max health additional damage per +1, up to 50%.
Pets have a chance to be immune to evil (all damage from undead, Lightning, Thunderbolt, Thunderwave, and TU, 5% per one up to 50%).

Just ideas with too much spare time :p
I'd want it to be a versatile option for every class though and have 1 benefit for PvP spec.

What did Hallu do on that server/

It made the monster completely into an ally, like your pet, meaning it would soak up mob agro.

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
Adding ressurection to revive dead mobs on a tao was fun on chronicles, they limited the mobs to die if they left the map that you res'd them on

Could be useful here (replace normal pets in places like kr's, reviving orc mages)
Could keep for pve or pvp if the correct mob lvls was applied