Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
www.sawell.org.uk/spec.JPG

Looking to host a good server as those spec's dident come cheap :p basicly I just want to host a server with some good thought gone into it, maybe I can help out too, if you like. I would like it to be ready to go now, not in a month lol. I know my post count may look a bit dodgy, and it is.. but i'm an ex super mod of LOMCN, lot of new people here so you prob won't remember me (_Gray_), Wittin another ex admin/sm is my real life mate, and i'm sure auron would put a good word in for me if i asked him :p.

If you don't think your server will go far in the private server market, please don't post.. and I must stress now that if I don't like the sound of it.. I won't host it.

The reason I don't make my own servers is I loose conserntration if it's me by my self, and all the people I trust to make one with me (real life friends) always end up getting bored, or moving to another game.. just gets tedious. But if I think you're server has the right stuff to go far, i'll keep it hosted till my pc blows up :)

Just a small thing, and it's a bit picky but I would prefer that the server I host is professional, that includes correct grammar and spelling in the notice/line notice/npcs, it may just be me, but when that effort has gone into the server, even that.. it makes it look like you care. "lo m8 welcum 2 our serv0r hope u enjoy ur stay m8 clik me ya" doesent look like you care to me :)

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Vorath this goes in general chat. your not advertising a server are you? Well you really should know better. Moved.

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
Cheers, forum lacks direction now days. Try not to be so cheeky to the people that make this forum what it is Blam, it's the key to being a Mod, do your job, but do it well. Just remember, you were a member once, and remember like I did, that just because you have a shiney red label under your name, does not make you a better person :) You'll go a lot further.

On another note, you put LionHeart down for being an admin, but he does what you do, and he does it without the cheek, also doing it in a friendly manner, imo he deserves admin.

"Moved, goes in general Vorath, remember next time ;)" now doesent that sound so much nicer, and look.. no cheek, just telling it like it is, and also being nice.

Spudualla

Vorath said:
Cheers, forum lacks direction now days. Try not to be so cheeky to the people that make this forum what it is Blam, it's the key to being a Mod, do your job, but do it well. Just remember, you were a member once, and remember like I did, that just because you have a shiney red label under your name, does not make you a better person :) You'll go a lot further.

On another note, you put LionHeart down for being an admin, but he does what you do, and he does it without the cheek, also doing it in a friendly manner, imo he deserves admin.

"Moved, goes in general Vorath, remember next time ;)" now doesent that sound so much nicer, and look.. no cheek, just telling it like it is, and also being nice.

lol owned.

zeddicus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
his label isnt shiny :P and hey leave him be he is only doing his job, just like you used to do, people aren't going to change who they are for one person who they don't even know, maybe if they loved that person but i doubt he loves you.

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
zeddicus said:
people aren't going to change who they are for one person who they don't even know, maybe if they loved that person but i doubt he loves you.

No one said anything about changing yourslef, but you have to change your attitude, atleast when you are a Mod. Just like you have to in life, it's their responsibility to Moderate, with that comes a change of attitude. And a Mod's first priority is to help, not to be lippy and but cheek and sarcasm on what they say, that's not being a mod, that's just being an ignorant member.

Last edited:

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Vorath said:

Yes im not usually this bad, just in a bad mood, i apologise, and lion hardly does anything and lets please keep this on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.