Solved How do you make a new zl library from exported images? (without having black backgrounds)

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006
Ok so I know that "Image viewer" is the tool to create an zl folder.
I converted a mir 2 file to mir 3 (easy)
I set up the first mob in it and tested, including setting up the animation points that have changed.
Now I have two options for the next monster,
1) add a few hundred blank images to get him to slot 1000
2) make each monster a different zl file. option 2 has the most appeal, its easier to share, makes it better for server admins to add just the ones they want or to add them as they go....however I hit a snag
If I export via image viewer then it loses all transparency data
importing it back then has a black background to each file
and it no longer works in the game.....
so ummm how do I take one set of files from a zl and put them in another fresh zl with out losing data needed for the game to work?

EDIT
Ok I am Officially a dumb arse!
Solution is simple, delete all put the monster you want and save as a new file.

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
That's called 'thinking outside the box'.

Still the problem remains because maybe sometimes you may not be able to bypass the problem as you did now (that is if you didn't overlook something, or if it has some simple solution).

Upvote 0

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006
That's called 'thinking outside the box'.

Still the problem remains because maybe sometimes you may not be able to bypass the problem as you did now (that is if you didn't overlook something, or if it has some simple solution).
True, it is something I will revisit later. At the minute I am hunting through the files to find how they reference the sounds...i mean yeah the soundindex is in the enum but how are those references given a path to the sound file....I will not let this beat me lol
(to be fair I may think better after I have some breakfast, got to stop loading up visual studio the second I awake lol)

EDIT
(DXSoundManager...HA you thought you could HIDE FROM ME!!!!! )....yeah i really should eat something...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
Ok so I know that "Image viewer" is the tool to create an zl folder.
I converted a mir 2 file to mir 3 (easy)
I set up the first mob in it and tested, including setting up the animation points that have changed.
Now I have two options for the next monster,
1) add a few hundred blank images to get him to slot 1000
2) make each monster a different zl file. option 2 has the most appeal, its easier to share, makes it better for server admins to add just the ones they want or to add them as they go....however I hit a snag
If I export via image viewer then it loses all transparency data
importing it back then has a black background to each file
and it no longer works in the game.....
so ummm how do I take one set of files from a zl and put them in another fresh zl with out losing data needed for the game to work?

EDIT
Ok I am Officially a dumb arse!
Solution is simple, delete all put the monster you want and save as a new file.

did you try it in game or just in the image viewer?

I have done this and it works fine, the image viewer looks like it has black background, but in game it all looks fine. I believe saving and reopening the file also works and the black background is normal again.

I previously created 1000 blank images, so you can easily insert them into your library. Number from 0-999 it will allow you to easy see which ones you need to add to fill gaps etc.

Ie you added images 0-4 from your new mob for standing, you can then insert images 5-9 from the blank files to pad out the library.

Attachments

• BlankFiles.rar
    96.5 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006
did you try it in game or just in the image viewer?

I have done this and it works fine, the image viewer looks like it has black background, but in game it all looks fine. I believe saving and reopening the file also works and the black background is normal again.

I previously created 1000 blank images, so you can easily insert them into your library. Number from 0-999 it will allow you to easy see which ones you need to add to fill gaps etc.

Ie you added images 0-4 from your new mob for standing, you can then insert images 5-9 from the blank files to pad out the library.
Looks like the original file did not actually save 1kb no idea why.
For me deleting the other mobs and saving each one as a separate entity makes the process cleaner (never a fan of merged libraries) Yeah I made 100 blank files to space out and did it that way first, glad I am not the only one to try it that way first lol.
just about to edit my guide a little to mention sound and frame referencing, then put together the first mob I have created with a custom sound for others (I had way too much fun making the death sound and I am sure my neighbours were wondering what was going on lol)

Upvote 0