how is everybody managing the cost of living crisis?

smoochy boys on tour

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
Hey

2 years ago, we had Coronavirus then we went into lockdown.

Shortly after Easter last year, lockdown restrictions were being lifted and some people could return to site to Work.

Now we are in the Cost of living crisis, the new pandemic.

How's everyone managing?

Watching a few films and tv shows and of course playing video games or reading books is certainly what I place emphasis on this winter.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Seeing as my misus has been off work for over 18month due to cancer, we have had less income than we had previously. So that, coupled with the increase in CoL it has hit us. Luckily we are not "struggling" but we have had to cut down our pleasures such as eating out, day trips etc.
We also have a 3 year old, so another mouth to feed, clothe etc.

Mortgage Renewal due next year. Luckily we have overpaid over recent years so we have a very low mortgage to say we only moved in 6 years ago.
but with interest rates soaring and not looking like they'll change anytime soon our renewal will be another increase.

Oh and our Gas/Electric bills have gone from circa £90 pm to £171 pm >_<

Netskee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 17, 2013
Loughborough, UK
Heard on the radio that the recession is gunna last till at least late 2024 so at least we have that look forward to. Along with the release of EuroReborn

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
Heard on the radio that the recession is gunna last till at least late 2024 so at least we have that look forward to. Along with the release of EuroReborn
I saw that on the news last night. They say it's going to be a big one.

@Skyline I am sorry to hear of your wife's situation with Cancer. I do pray that she gets restored to full health.

You've just paid a little less than me monthly and my energy provider just increased my direct debit from £100 to £227 and I'm now having a kick off about it. Thank goodness I'm no longer with SSE, the thieving scumbags they are.

@Sanjian I sympathise with your situation. I'm struggling to make a few pennies in my own time outside Work just to survive.

All I need is to watch films, play games and have a jog.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Don't think most people are, to be honest, Personally, it's rough. I work as a self-employed bricklayer so with the weather being crap the last few weeks and going forward the next few months. Looks like it'll be the bread line.

blazee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2012
Tough one really, had a baby 18months ago, misses been looking after littleun so dropped out of work we have looked into nurseries but it would be her working a 38hour week to bassicly cover the costs of nursery with a little change left over so not much benefit to that, EVERYTHING is going up in price the weekly food shop/top up use to be about £40-60 which has now hit the £80+ mark(and that's in aldi) let alone eleccy gas etc.

Luckily I can say we are not struggling per say but we can defo feel the effects of the COL as skyline said its just us having to cut down on the luxuries such as eating out etc.

I feel sorry for the single parents/people that earn minimum wage etc as these times are going to be extremely difficult even for the best of us.

Side note: Skyline I wish all the best with your partners health

• Love
Reactions: Omnibus

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Living in constant arrears, juggling finances each month. But that’s partly due to me being quite impulsive with buying things i shouldn’t really buy.

2023 = planned blackouts, there be fun
2024 = CBDC coming in, no more cash, more control of what u do and eat and drink, with point scoring of how good a person u are.
2025 = planned fake alien invasion

Oh and don’t forget the next covid release to come from the lab, next one will be the real test. (Confirmed the other day they have man made a 80-99% death rate one)

But aslong as there’s still internet rocking about atleast we’re have Mir

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Living in constant arrears, juggling finances each month. But that’s partly due to me being quite impulsive with buying things i shouldn’t really buy.

2024 = CBDC coming in, no more cash, more control of what u do and eat and drink, with point scoring of how good a person u are.

Oh and don’t forget the next covid release to come from the lab, next one will be the real test. (Confirmed the other day they have man made a 80-99% death rate one)

As fked up as it sounds, I think this is exactly whats going to happen.

Just maybe spread out between a few more years.

Attachments

• 6zl89i.jpg
    6zl89i.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Omnibus

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Folks that were watching UK from outside with hopes how it will go after Bxit, you ^&* it up good with that clown.

xXxLegendxXx

Banned
Banned
Apr 26, 2019

Lol the living crisis is bad but not that bad, blackouts wont happen neither would CBDC.

2025 = nah no planned fake alien invasion instead we're gonna get a planned fake 9/11 in the UK this time by some "russian general" according to the government.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
We are doing ok but don't really go out or do anything. We don't drive smoke and rarely drink so not much out goings.

Have barely stuck the heating on. Think had it on 3 times in past 12 months. 2 pairs of socks jumper and hoodie lol

That being said I swapped careers 18 months ago and has started to pay off which is helping loads (swapped trainer in call center for software developer) but think would be fkd on my old call center wages