I am looking for the original MIR 2 files

Snotface

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 26, 2014
I am looking for the original MIR 2 files, I think they were either 1.3 or 1.4, the ones released as freeware by the developer, not the ones after which people paid to play.

I know there have been many other versions, updated and with added extras, but I am looking for virgin files which have not had anything added.

I am doing a project and require these files and not some I have forum which have been infected with malware. It is a shame to find good files just to find out that somebody has added a little back door to them which creates a security risk to your server or game.

If anybody can help I would be grateful.
I used to play Mir back in the day when it first was released, a good 20 years ago, and those are the files I am after :)

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
I don't think there's files more secure than Crystal. You can compile them yourself if you don't trust third party binaries.

Check http://mirfiles.co.uk for anything you need to download. It'll probably say the site is insecure but it's not. It's a warning because the site is full of executables.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
mirfiles has all the files available.

Never heard of any version containg malware though

Reactions: ImissEuro

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
The files should all be on mirfiles as linked above, however the older files in particular flag antivirus' now more than Crystal does. And yes you will get warning's from the mirfiles site for that exact reason.

• Wow
Reactions: zedina

Snotface

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 26, 2014
I used a few of those and all I got was Malware from Pics, which did not help.

What I am looking for is an untouched version, which does not have somebody else's fingerprints all over them. I have one which runs but the person that set it up has buggered up all the maps. I do not fancy spending hours just sorting out the maps and I used to have the old files on my PC, but that was many PC's ago.

I know there are good servers out there, but it would be nice to actually have the ability to create one from nothing again.

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
I used a few of those and all I got was Malware from Pics, which did not help.

What I am looking for is an untouched version, which does not have somebody else's fingerprints all over them. I have one which runs but the person that set it up has buggered up all the maps. I do not fancy spending hours just sorting out the maps and I used to have the old files on my PC, but that was many PC's ago.

I know there are good servers out there, but it would be nice to actually have the ability to create one from nothing again.
Crystal or Delphi u choose your path the rest ur wasting ur time. ... TBH ur wasting ur time with delphi but hay ho.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Most old files there is no code for. So your not fixxing bugs.

Snotface

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 26, 2014
Crystal or Delphi u choose your path the rest ur wasting ur time. ... TBH ur wasting ur time with delphi but hay ho.

Would that be Mir 2 Client 2015-1-11?
If that is correct, I followed the instructions to the letter but I get an error, says " Cannot start server without mob: RedTurtle"

I cannot find the DB or files which go with this Mob, but I do hope somebody has a clue on this as the files look ok.

I have looked at the threads posted, and I am stuck on that little bit.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
These files are a good base, and the bit about the red turtle is in numerous threads posted.

Bare in mind a lot of the mobs are not set on the files and won’t work without you setting them up with AIs and stats, theirs a fair few bugs to be fixed and some spells need re coding using Visual Studios.

This forum is filled with information I’ve found on pretty much anything you need to do 👍🏻

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Pure lazy if you can't be ****ed to search the whole 30 seconds to find out about the missing mob problem on Crystal files. :\

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Would that be Mir 2 Client 2015-1-11?
If that is correct, I followed the instructions to the letter but I get an error, says " Cannot start server without mob: RedTurtle"

I cannot find the DB or files which go with this Mob, but I do hope somebody has a clue on this as the files look ok.

I have looked at the threads posted, and I am stuck on that little bit.

Obviously you haven't pressed the search button yet as that question has been asked 100 times. Nor have you even bothered to look at the pinned threads in the Crystal section, which contains every bit of information and resource you'd need.

Snotface

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 26, 2014
You do not have to be so rude guys.

I actually looked at the setup guide, and looked at the link which was provided to me at the start of the thread. I asked a reasonable question, which I guess you guys are not familiar with in this forum, which people were when I joined a long time ago.

Thank you for the link as this seems to be exactly what I was looking for,. I looked at others and they only said, "make a mob" which didn't help. Thanks for the info, I may be silent for another 6 years now with this hostility shown.

I do appreciate the help, and hopefully so will my friends which will play on this server for retro gaming.
Post automatically merged:

I have been looking through the search and haven't found some info, if somebody knows the how to..

I have a 4k monitor and reduce is to 1920-1080. I put it into window mode (FullScreen=false) so that the text is in the correct position on the screen. The problem is I have looked to see if there was a thread to explain how to make the screen size bigger for the client and keep the text in the right places.
I do not know about how you guys but I have been out of this for so long I have forgotten everything I knew. I have played with the Clients ini file.
I do like how simple everything is to edit and use, Crystal has done a good job on this. If I could get this running at 1920x1080 it would be great. But if it is not possible then I will have to play a little more lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tai

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
go to the server config settings, set the max resolution to 1920.

then go to the client config settings (ini file) and set your resolution to 1920

Snotface

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 26, 2014
I have been doing that and it resets itself all the time. But I will work on it. keeps resetting to 1024 I will try 1600

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
make sure the client isn't running.

However, i may be wrong and there could be a hard limit on resolution without code changes.

Snotface

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 26, 2014
Thats fine. I will just have to drop down to 1920/1080 to play it, but I do like this version. Going to try and get it running through network so other comps can connect via intranet first. Then I'll pop it on my server and see what happens.
Years ago I had my own little server going, but that was about too many bed times ago, about the time you joined this forum :)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Thats fine. I will just have to drop down to 1920/1080 to play it, but I do like this version. Going to try and get it running through network so other comps can connect via intranet first. Then I'll pop it on my server and see what happens.
Years ago I had my own little server going, but that was about too many bed times ago, about the time you joined this forum :)
I was quite late joining lomcn. Before that I was at msrf for a few years until it closed and everyone came here. And before that it was some other basic bulletin board I can't even remember the name of.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Snotface

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 26, 2014
Well now for the big test, getting it online. I have followed the instructions but its not working. I will plug away at it, I cannot be far off.