IDDB to SQL for JoB

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
Here it is... the first step for upgrading your ei accounts to job accounts. This program will read your ID.db and upload it to your SQL Server via ODBC.

You will need to have Account.bak restored in your SQL Server
In the Account database you must have TBL_ACCOUNT and TBL_ACCOUNTADD

1 change you must do: right click TBL_ACCOUNTADD and goto DESIGN TABLE. Change MOBILEPHONE's LENGTH to 13. You will get something about string truncate if you forgot to change it and that is an error.

Last edited:

Dark12345

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
Portsmouth
Kaori said:
Here it is... the first step for upgrading your ei accounts to job accounts. This program will read your ID.db and upload it to your SQL Server via ODBC.

You will need to have Account.bak restored in your SQL Server
In the Account database you must have TBL_ACCOUNT and TBL_ACCOUNTADD

1 change you must do: right click TBL_ACCOUNTADD and goto DESIGN TABLE. Change MOBILEPHONE's LENGTH to 13. You will get something about string truncate if you forgot to change it and that is an error.
not exacly helpful 2 me but just saying a thx cus no1 else is, and....r u making a JOB server??? b kewl if u do

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
New update... It will remove the TBL_ACCOUNT and TBL_ACCOUNTADD. And CREATE new ones with the right datatype (to avoid incompatibility)

Last edited:

TritoN

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 21, 2003
got a problem with your tool:

SQL Uploading TBL_ACCOUNT

SQL ERROR converting a char datatype to a datetime datatype...datetime exceeds admissible range...

whats wrong here?

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
I noticed if you have a different language OS.. it does that... I'll update the file whenever I have time...

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
np... did you also convert EI db to JoB as well? it's pretty straight forward...

TritoN

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 21, 2003
ye though its quite ez alltogether there r some minor little nasty things that u have to cope with while transfering other staff between the 2 db systems but Olymp now runs fine with all the new stuff and the special made old Olymp staff still included :)