Insurance claims

smoochy boys on tour

2fast2furious

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 22, 2004
u will all remember wen i crashed my car drunk...ive changed allot since then b4 u all moan again, anyway there were 2 passengers and im mates with 1 of them but fell out with the other about a year ago, he has now put in a insurance claim against me for whiplash, broken ribs, tissue damage, and the lose of his job or being able to work, all of these being false he was in the hospital for 40 mins and then left with nothing and never went back same as my other m8 ad me apart frm i had to go back due to my wrist injury, i claimed for my car as i smashed it up and payed an excess of 600 i think, will i have to pay this excess again for the claim he is putting in if it does go through? im going to try my best to prove he is lieing with hospital records and to prove he never had a job in his life and he is 22 and was never legitimitly employd.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
It will go to court I believe?

If he hasnt actually had a job, and hes going to claim that he lost his job, he's a stupid boy. He will get caught out very easily, as they will just check his employment record. If it doesnt show he was working, and he claims on the dole he could be in big trouble, if it turns out he was working but not properly employed, and claiming dole!

They will also check health records, to prove he has been in hospital, and doctors etc etc.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
If what you say is true he wont stand a chance in court so i wouldn't worry, although i can understand the incovenience and issue itself can cause the worry.

Whilst lawyers or whatever can often twist evidence in their advantage they can't fabricate something that never existed, and therefore most wouldn't support his case.
Even if it does get that far he should find himself with the hefty court fee and nothing from yourself as he's destined to lose.
Just keep your cool my friend and don't give him any ammunition to use against you.

This is all assuming he never had the job, and he was never in hospital for his injuries.
All the best bro.
/Gand

2fast2furious

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 22, 2004
yeah he never had a job as a mechanic as he claimed, but also he never claimed dole he lived off is mam, he deffo did not have the injuries 100% only thing im worried about is having to pay 600 pound excess as its allot to me as ive got my self into a bit of a mess with credit atm :( i think i might go visit a solicitor and tell him basicly what ive explaind to you guys and see what they have to say, maybe my best option. all the letter states is what he is claming for and the date pf the "road trafic collision" and that i have to forrward the letter to my old insurance company as he must not of knowen who i was with. thats as far as its got and i just recieved the letter today.

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
well how long ago was this? if he is only just trying to claim and at the time in hospital he didn't get signed off work with a hospital doctors note stating medical proof he had these injurys he doesn't have a leg to stand on. There is no proof he was injured at the time so he can't now state he was injured (injuries and hospital visits are kept on record). You only have a certain time period for a claim.

Last edited:

mapadale

FACT:

Claims can be made against you up to 3 years after the accident.

FACT:

Whiplash doesn't have to be suffered from the accident, a slight knock later on can cause the whiplash.

FACT:

If xrays show he had broken/cracked ribs when he went to the hospital after the accident, then your are serously screwed I'm afraid and broken ribs cause tissue damage as well.

You need to get yourself a damn good solicitor and also find out from your insurance company if you had legal cover at the time of the accident, cause if you didn't I would say good bye to your life for the next 5 year.

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
Fact: If the hospital gave him the all clear and he was there for 40mins then he had nothing wrong with him at the time and hospital records will show this. Hospitals aint stupid they would be able to tell if he had broken ribs from the accident and so would he, i have broken ribs in Thai boxing and i could barely breath and couldn't sit up let alone walk out of a hospital after 40mins, it's very very painful. Id like to see him in court explain how he was fine to walk out of a hospital but then suffered from broken ribs after, just pethetic and would never go down in court.

Also he didn't force him to get in the car, he was there by his own free will, another silly insurance claim like "i broke into this old ladies house tripped over her table and now i want to sue her for like £10'000." funnily enough that claim is true and he won lol.

goodbye to your life for the next 5 years is stupid don't listen to that statement.

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
FACT:

FACT:

Whiplash doesn't have to be suffered from the accident, a slight knock later on can cause the whiplash.

FACT:

If xrays show he had broken/cracked ribs when he went to the hospital after the accident, then your are serously screwed I'm afraid and broken ribs cause tissue damage as well.

You need to get yourself a damn good solicitor and also find out from your insurance company if you had legal cover at the time of the accident, cause if you didn't I would say good bye to your life for the next 5 year.
But if he's claiming loss of work, yet has no proper working records, he wont win surely?

Will get into **** for working, and not paying taxes?

MutantlX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Newcastle
If he was in an accindent and did have broken ribs he would not of lost his job. He should of went onto sick pay. Which the courts will ask to see this evidence. Also the company would not get rid of someone who is injured. That leaves them open to claims too.

When i had my crash I had to prove I was on the sick, How much sick pay I recieved so the can calculate my lost earnings. He would not of been sacked for an injury like that, as it heals in time.

I believe your excess is for your claim only. Not the Third Party so you wont be paying anything out. And check you had legal service cover. I had it on mine and didnt have to pay a penny for legal expenses.

To me he sounds like he is trying to piss you off / or someone has said why dont you claim for your accident you had a while back.

The police will have records to I imagine so they should help you too.

mapadale

Fact: If the hospital gave him the all clear and he was there for 40mins then he had nothing wrong with him at the time and hospital records will show this. Hospitals aint stupid they would be able to tell if he had broken ribs from the accident and so would he, i have broken ribs in Thai boxing and i could barely breath and couldn't sit up let alone walk out of a hospital after 40mins, it's very very painful. Id like to see him in court explain how he was fine to walk out of a hospital but then suffered from broken ribs after, just pethetic and would never go down in court.

Also he didn't force him to get in the car, he was there by his own free will, another silly insurance claim like "i broke into this old ladies house tripped over her table and now i want to sue her for like £10'000." funnily enough that claim is true and he won lol.

goodbye to your life for the next 5 years is stupid don't listen to that statement.
If his so called mate is succesful, then it will be good bye to the next 5 years. Unless he has the money to payout £10,000+, baring in mind the looser has to pay the legal costs.

He's got prove he had the injuries first though.

And by the way lewis, I cracked 3 ribs when I had my accident and was discharged from the hospital after about 1hr. Was told to take it easy for the next 4/6 weeks and told to take paracetamol for the pain.

alaeba

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 15, 2009
FACT:

FACT:

FACT:

He doesn't need to get a solicitor at all. First stop will be medical records, and it will end there - providing what 2f2f says is the truth.

mapadale

He doesn't need to get a solicitor at all. First stop will be medical records, and it will end there - providing what 2f2f says is the truth.
If his mate is intentional on what he is doing, then yes 2f2f will need a solicitor and especially if his insurance didn't have legal protection at the time.

alaeba

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 15, 2009
What does legal protection have to do with him needing a solicitor? All legal protection does is compensate for solicitor's fees and whatnot, it makes no odds to whether or not he needs a solicitor in the first place.

I doubt very much that 2f2f's mate is any brighter than 2f2f himself therefore I doubt very much he knows what he's doing when it comes to this. You can't claim against somebody because they crashed a car you had given consent to be in. He's got no medical records, he's got nothing.

mapadale

What does legal protection have to do with him needing a solicitor? All legal protection does is compensate for solicitor's fees and whatnot, it makes no odds to whether or not he needs a solicitor in the first place.

I doubt very much that 2f2f's mate is any brighter than 2f2f himself therefore I doubt very much he knows what he's doing when it comes to this. You can't claim against somebody because they crashed a car you had given consent to be in. He's got no medical records, he's got nothing.
If legal cover was not apparnt of the insurance at the time of the accident, then 2f2f will need a solicitor to back him and say his mate is full of crap.

If he had legal protection at the time, he can still use this and protect himself from any legal costs that might be incured from any work that is carried out.

If you are a passenger of the car, not only can you claim against the owner of the car, but also against any other car that was involved. The fact being that 2f2f was drunk at the time and done for drink driving doesn't help the matter.

We don't what his mate has, we only have 2f2f word on this and not his mates.

alaeba

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 15, 2009
If legal cover was not apparnt of the insurance at the time of the accident, then 2f2f will need a solicitor to back him and say his mate is full of crap.

If he had legal protection at the time, he can still use this and protect himself from any legal costs that might be incured from any work that is carried out.

If you are a passenger of the car, not only can you claim against the owner of the car, but also against any other car that was involved. The fact being that 2f2f was drunk at the time and done for drink driving doesn't help the matter.

We don't what his mate has, we only have 2f2f word on this and not his mates.

Indeed but my point was that having legal protection doesn't alter whether or not he needs a solicitor.

And again indeed, we only know what 2f2f has told us, but we aren't going to hear the other side of the story therefore we can only make judgements and give advice on what he's told us. If his mate did infact obtain injuries and go to the hospital about it then that ofcourse changes everything, but that would be 2f2f's fault for lying to us lol.

mapadale

Indeed but my point was that having legal protection doesn't alter whether or not he needs a solicitor.

And again indeed, we only know what 2f2f has told us, but we aren't going to hear the other side of the story therefore we can only make judgements and give advice on what he's told us. If his mate did infact obtain injuries and go to the hospital about it then that ofcourse changes everything, but that would be 2f2f's fault for lying to us lol.
Their is medical records, as 2f2f clearly states in his first comment that his mate was in there for 40min before being discharged.

We just don't know what is in them records and before a claim company takes on any claim, they have to see factual evidence first.

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
Do you know why he's claiming?

Sounds to me like he may have been talked into it by one of these "Any accidents in the last 5 years" companies you see alot.

If thats the case I'd be a little concerned. The company would only send you the letter if they had a reasonable chance of getting somewhere (as would most soliciters).

Any good solicitor would have checked that everything your friend is saying is true (like the medical records) before they would take it any further...

Personally I'd get in touch with a solicitor or if not get hold of some free legal advice and explain whats happening. Even if they can't do much they will tell you where you stand...

Last edited:

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
About the jail time, Ignore him its utter **** after any incident of wreckless/drunken driving the police interview all occupants and ask if they felt safe/if they was a willing participant and if he said no at the time you would have been locked up there and then, he cant change his mind a few years later as he has already given a statement.

mapadale

About the jail time, Ignore him its utter **** after any incident of wreckless/drunken driving the police interview all occupants and ask if they felt safe/if they was a willing participant and if he said no at the time you would have been locked up there and then, he cant change his mind a few years later as he has already given a statement.
Read again, as he is going for compensation. No one has said anything about going to prison or involving the police.