iPhone 5s or HTC one M8 ?

smoochy boys on tour

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012
Saw some reviews and it's pretty even overall score...

Which one should I go for?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Yeah. The HTC is quite a bit bigger than the 5s too. What phone are you used to up until now?

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012
Yeah. The HTC is quite a bit bigger than the 5s too. What phone are you used to up until now?
had a galaxy s4 untill yesterday lol (I also had a 3gs bk in the days so im kinda familiar with IOS too)
and I was not so happy about that one..it had alot of buggs, when I had to reinstall everything, etc..
And yea htc is bigger and its like 90% aluminum, so it wont brake so fast...on the other hand the iPhone looks smoother and more nice,a better camera, where the M8 have better speakers & sound..idk lol

Last edited:

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Agree with Daneo -

Iphones are a waste of space as you have to take them back to apple to repair (unless you know about phones and are able to do it yourself without magnatizing it). Also Iphones your basically paying for a brand, ive never like apple products because thats what they mainly are.
HTC's have so many problems with going slow or freezing quite often, my friends have complained alot about the quality of the speakers (not up to the standard they promote)

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
If you pick up an iPhone 5s, when they announce their new iPhone in September / October time, your phone will be devalued. This is true of buying a phone at any point in time as they're also bringing new models out, however we're obviously getting pretty close to September. If you wanted to wait, you could probably pick up an iPhone 6 for not a great deal more than you would be picking an iPhone 5s up for now.

I'm an iPhone fan and always found them the best for making calls and general use, they're restricted with some features so i can see the argument against them. I've also used Motorola's, Lumia Phones, Samsung's and LG's but i always head back to my iPhone. I would however love Lumia's if more people had them and developers gave them more love, but i guess that won't happen until more people start to use them, so i'm partially to blame for that, much as anyone else who doesn't have one due to lack of certain apps and development. They're great to use.

In response to Azzi, i'd probably say iPhones are the best device for repairs. They're usually cheap for 3rd part repairs and if you do have an issue that is covered by warranty, it's usually a quick trip to the Apple Store and you'll get a replacement device at that point in time.

Just my opinions, although like stated before, it's all personal choice and one person loves HTC, another loves Lumia etc.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
HTC pish all over iPhones. Gave my old iPhone to a pal & bought myself the one M8, probably upgrade to M9 soon.. best phone I've ever had.