Request Jar monster Videos

Join Discord

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Think you were right - looking at videos again and the blue effect does hit the player. It must just be intentionally offset from the player instead of on top of them.

Changes the effects to be used to hit the player instead, and moved the spawn inside the Jar - think it works a lot better.

yeah that looks really good

EDIT: that blue jar effect placement looks strange though :(

TBH ive not looked at the jars libs to see how the frames are done

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Yeah it's odd to be offset next to the target, but it kind of makes sense if you imagine the jar is throwing the orbs to explode near the target and not directly on.

Korean videos are difficult to see as they're low Res and often filled with tons of other things on screen. Only found 1 vid so far of the jars that lcd sent me.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
New RestlessJar AI. Found an official video but still couldn't tell what its attacks did so just went my own way.

Has a new poison type called Illusion which blinds the player temporarily - probably needs some tweaking still but thought it was a nice new mechanic.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
New RestlessJar AI. Found an official video but still couldn't tell what its attacks did so just went my own way.

Has a new poison type called Illusion which blinds the player temporarily - probably needs some tweaking still but thought it was a nice new mechanic.
i love a new poison type :)

so the blind reduces the players accuracy?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i love a new poison type :)

so the blind reduces the players accuracy?

At the moment the blindness just makes it dark as an annoyance - but reducing accuracy as a result of that is a really good idea.

Reactions: Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
At the moment the blindness just makes it dark as an annoyance - but reducing accuracy as a result of that is a really good idea.
i love tryuing to find new poison types, i think a confuse would be good, where the player wanders for a few seconds and cant take any action...

i like that it gets darker for the player though thats a great touch

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Yeah I changed the stun poison to stop you from attacking. Used to just work on mob. But I thought it would be cool to make it reverse your controls too

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Yeah I changed the stun poison to stop you from attacking. Used to just work on mob. But I thought it would be cool to make it reverse your controls too
The same stun from TDB and FlashDash? :D

There is also a dazed stun (stars above head) that certain mobs on korean apply

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
The same stun from TDB and FlashDash? :D

There is also a dazed stun (stars above head) that certain mobs on korean apply

Ah currently the stars have just been applied to the original stun poison - maybe that needs separating out if there are differences between the TDB stun and the ones monsters can do

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i used to play a spectrum game called SabreWulf, you ran over flowers, one of them reversed your controls, always thought that would be kinda cool and annyoying, so down and right on your mouse moved the pointer up and left etc.. :)

Reactions: Far