JoB version maps with Zircon

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
You only need 1GB of RAM to make it work and scale the resolution to 150% from the VM settings.

EDIT:

Brolly confirmed me they are using JoB maps on Olymp, I just didn't see them.

Olymp uses a part of JoB maps and the map links arent correctly done (following original mapinfo links of JoB)

Neither ZenX, we use Korean map routes. But for Easter Event i added for a short time period the full JoB maps as a 2nd world called (Ancient Path) where you could played old JoB maps based on their old Monsters,Map Links etc.

The reason i said that Olymp doesnt use JoB maps correctly is because of Zircon tiles, that have missing images.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
Olymp uses a part of JoB maps and the map links arent correctly done (following original mapinfo links of JoB)

Neither ZenX, we use Korean map routes. But for Easter Event i added for a short time period the full JoB maps as a 2nd world called (Ancient Path) where you could played old JoB maps based on their old Monsters,Map Links etc.

The reason i said that Olymp doesnt use JoB maps correctly is because of Zircon tiles, that have missing images.

Every post you make always contains some sort of sly , passive aggressive dig at other servers lol.

Its very much possible to add JOB maps to zircon files, its very easy to do too

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006
You guys are awesome! I am just wondering why not build a server with all JoB maps? I haven't seen any Zircon based JoB server. This will be very interesting and facy.
Post automatically merged:

Why not build a server with all Job Maps (including all province maps). For maps such as taishan, player can teleport to them via portal. The portal locates in the job Bichon province map, the pretty big one. By doing so, all job maps can be included, and new maps can be easily added. Am I too innocent? lol I don't know about coding. just a idea.
why delete all the existing maps, existing regions,spawns etc and start from scratch and simply copy what was already done on another server? ewww lol
Rather add and expand than duplicate.

That said, you can do this yourself incredibly easily (well ok small learning curve) why not give it a go chap?

xiaocaozhijia

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2018
why delete all the existing maps, existing regions,spawns etc and start from scratch and simply copy what was already done on another server? ewww lol
Rather add and expand than duplicate.

That said, you can do this yourself incredibly easily (well ok small learning curve) why not give it a go chap?
Man, if I could, I will absolutely do it. However, I have zero knowledge about coding. Even I set up a server, bugs and new maps will kill the server. I know you guys are genius in coding. So, I am just wondering if any genius would be interested in build a job server.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Every post you make always contains some sort of sly , passive aggressive dig at other servers lol.

Its very much possible to add JOB maps to zircon files, its very easy to do too

Go get map 8 or 4 on simple Zircon files and you will see what i mean.

Skull Island or Ginko Valley.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Off the top of my head i know for certain that maps 01, 02, 4, 5, 8, 9 all have several object issues when trying to use current data. And i expect since the objects are reused alot that most the similar maps around those will also have issues - they're probably just harder to spot.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Off the top of my head i know for certain that maps 01, 02, 4, 5, 8, 9 all have several object issues when trying to use current data. And i expect since the objects are reused alot that most the similar maps around those will also have issues - they're probably just harder to spot.

Ginko Valley has a big fountain missing.
Map 8 (Skull Island) got all house builds missing.

Importing JoB maps is difficult, not worth. Following Korean map route allows you to have all maps in line.

Example : Old oasis been replaces with Desert Dunes on Map 4 Numa Village.