JoB version maps with Zircon

xiaocaozhijia

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2018
Dear all, can anyone set up a server with all JoB maps (like dark side server), but remade with zircon, that is compatible with window 10? This ideas sounds very interesting.

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006
The best bet is to use zircon as a base and move the server over to it. We have full access to the source code so much more is possible....for anyone not used to coding there is a bit of a learning curve but its worth it.
That said is there a link to the Job maps? they may be convertible?

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
The best bet is to use zircon as a base and move the server over to it. We have full access to the source code so much more is possible....for anyone not used to coding there is a bit of a learning curve but its worth it.
That said is there a link to the Job maps? they may be convertible?

I think only Zircon server with Job maps is Zentaur. The tiles changed or something and you have to fix them manually.

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006
I think only Zircon server with Job maps is Zentaur. The tiles changed or something and you have to fix them manually.
Is there a link to the files and guide/instructions? (did search for JoB maps and mir3 but found nothing lol....google why did you forsake me)
Seems loads of maps and an editor for mir2 but not even an editor for mir3

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Is there a link to the files and guide/instructions? (did search for JoB maps and mir3 but found nothing lol....google why did you forsake me)
Seems loads of maps and an editor for mir2 but not even an editor for mir3

There's a Mir 3 Install Job client on Mirfiles. It should have all the maps. I don't know of any released server with them, though.

When I worked on my own server years ago I had to set them up manually, one by one.

I think Olymp uses job and 3g maps too.

When I checked they didn't. Aparently I didn't check well enough.

Last edited:

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006
There's a Mir 3 Install Job client on Mirfiles. It should have all the maps. I don't know of any released server with them, though.

When I worked on my own server years ago I had to set them up manually, one by one.

When I checked they didn't.
Surprised no one has shared them, seems something taht would be of use to all servers.
What did you use to fix them? may have a look at it during the week.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I uploaded all the maps for JoB years ago.

Most maps still work with the new PTW data, but they usually have some object glitches. To fix just download an old JoB client and convert the objects.

Its difficult to have both JoB and PTW maps working on the same server as some objects have been replaced in the same index range. I got most of them working for Crystal but it takes a long while replacing all the images and making sure it has minimal affect on the others maps that use it.

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006
I uploaded all the maps for JoB years ago.

Most maps still work with the new PTW data, but they usually have some object glitches. To fix just download an old JoB client and convert the objects.

Its difficult to have both JoB and PTW maps working on the same server as some objects have been replaced in the same index range. I got most of them working for Crystal but it takes a long while replacing all the images and making sure it has minimal affect on the others maps that use it.
Just going through and sorting out those that work with no issues (at least from the region editor perspective) and those that need work
doubt i will get it done today though...400 maps that are not in the default zircon files

I am actually using an old job client to get the maps...is the link different to the ones in the client?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
The link i provided are fully sorted dungeons and provinces. But if you're using an old JoB client then it'll probably contain most of them

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006
The link i provided are fully sorted dungeons and provinces. But if you're using an old JoB client then it'll probably contain most of them
Yeah your link i s much neater... but sort of committed going through them now lol
amazingly most are working with out issue. Some pretty nice looking maps. and a lot of duplicates....My god they liked their archery rooms lol

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
The main ones with issues are provinces. Pretty much every one of them have object issues. (For example as Skeleton Island got completely removed and replaced with Prajna Village (In story terms) - the buildings were mostly overwritten)

The dungeons never really changed (apart from the floor layouts) so obviously never got removed or overwritten.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006
The main ones with issues are provinces. Pretty much every one of them have object issues. (For example as Skeleton Island got completely removed and replaced with Prajna Village (In story terms) - the buildings were mostly overwritten)

The dungeons never really changed (apart from the floor layouts) so obviously never got removed or overwritten.
So far looked over about 100 of the maps that dont exist in the files I have and 12 have not looked right (walls missing mainly) BUT been going in file order so thats not an accurate percentage etc. Many many duplicates too.
Only been testing in the region editor, though that essentially makes a game scene and can show boundaries.

Still wish we had a working map editor and way to convert mir 2 maps. Asked about that the other day but alas no replies.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Surprised no one has shared them, seems something taht would be of use to all servers.
What did you use to fix them? may have a look at it during the week.

I used them with the old 3.55 files like 10 years ago, not with Zircon.

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006
I used them with the old 3.55 files like 10 years ago, not with Zircon.
ah sorry I assume zircon when ever I hear mir 3 now, is the old 3.55 files still viable? They have to have issues with windows 10 surely? Not to mention the whole need to license them.

But yeah they wierdly seem fine for the most part. Not as nice as some of the mir2 maps I have seen but some nice maps to add variety into the game.
01_001
4_002
Are examples of two that did not work, missing the outer walls.

When i finish working through them (over 400 maps it will take a while as got tons of other stuff I need to do too lol) I will upload the ones that work or post a list of the ones that work, which ever is easier for people. Shame there arnt as many custom maps as mir2 has (or perhaps that people are less willing to share them?)

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
ah sorry I assume zircon when ever I hear mir 3 now, is the old 3.55 files still viable? They have to have issues with windows 10 surely? Not to mention the whole need to license them.

But yeah they wierdly seem fine for the most part. Not as nice as some of the mir2 maps I have seen but some nice maps to add variety into the game.
01_001
4_002
Are examples of two that did not work, missing the outer walls.

When i finish working through them (over 400 maps it will take a while as got tons of other stuff I need to do too lol) I will upload the ones that work or post a list of the ones that work, which ever is easier for people. Shame there arnt as many custom maps as mir2 has (or perhaps that people are less willing to share them?)

That depends on what viable is for you. There are two populated server using those files right now, DarkSide, which I play from time to time and Hispared. On Windows 10 kind of works with a DX wrapper but I use a Windows XP virtual machine.

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006
That depends on what viable is for you. There are two populated server using those files right now, DarkSide, which I play from time to time and Hispared. On Windows 10 kind of works with a DX wrapper but I use a Windows XP virtual machine.
Hadnt thought about a virtual machine. Remember back in the day being bored at work (security guard) and getting mir to run on me then high end laptop.... for hosting and playing...man forget it lol lag was so bad. Now we have such infinitely better hardware.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Hadnt thought about a virtual machine. Remember back in the day being bored at work (security guard) and getting mir to run on me then high end laptop.... for hosting and playing...man forget it lol lag was so bad. Now we have such infinitely better hardware.

You only need 1GB of RAM to make it work and scale the resolution to 150% from the VM settings.

EDIT:

Brolly confirmed me they are using JoB maps on Olymp, I just didn't see them.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrgreaper

xiaocaozhijia

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2018
You guys are awesome! I am just wondering why not build a server with all JoB maps? I haven't seen any Zircon based JoB server. This will be very interesting and facy.

Why not build a server with all Job Maps (including all province maps). For maps such as taishan, player can teleport to them via portal. The portal locates in the job Bichon province map, the pretty big one. By doing so, all job maps can be included, and new maps can be easily added. Am I too innocent? lol I don't know about coding. just a idea.