It's on Netflix has English subtitles..

• Wow
Reactions: zedina

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
Gonna binge watch tonight. Getting great reviews from what I see.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
will watch it tonight/tomorrow love the Chinese films, monkey king one of my favs

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
will watch it tonight/tomorrow love the Chinese films, monkey king one of my favs

I've been looking for a film I "watched" like 10 years ago with a guy that used something like the tao talismans for his magic. I don't remember anything apart from that because I was so tired I fell asleep.

Any idea?

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
I've been looking for a film I "watched" like 10 years ago with a guy that used something like the tao talismans for his magic. I don't remember anything apart from that because I was so tired I fell asleep.

Any idea?
Ermm not a clue, only old Chinese film I remember is like crouching tiger hidden dragon

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Maybe it wasn't even Chinese. Could be Korean or Japanese. I'll have to keep looking.

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014

I apparently used to love watching the TV series "Monkey" when I was really young (looking on wiki I would have been about 2 years old when it was on)

watching it now it makes me laugh how over the top and confident the stone monkey is with the magic staff weapon he holds that can grow in size

Any idea?

I have quite a lot of films on DVD from this genre (20+)... the thing about using tao talismans rings a bell but looking through the titles nothing is standing out to me

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon was mentioned earlier in the topic, but also similar to that "House of Flying Daggers" is really good

I liked both "Zatoichi" and "Ichi" ...they are both films about blind swordfighting

Shogun Assassin is great... about a samurai protecting him and his son

Once upon a Time in China Trilogy is good too

I've got a big pile of films I want to watch now thanks lol

Reactions: Martyn

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009

Any idea?

Theres a few versions of Seventh Son that sounds like the movie you mentioned.

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
Coding is lots of fun too ;) beats movie watching

I actually spend much more time doing stuff when I have something to watch in the background but the problem is I have watched so much I find it hard to find new things... but movies are not long enough I prefer a 12 hour series to "watch"

I guess I should get into audio books so I can listen to them while doing projects

also my current project has very little code... its mostly all 3d models and animation... I might write a post about it soon when I have a little more to show off (release)

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
If you are into detective stories, I recommend audio book (maybe) little known 'Red House' by A. A. Milne

Recently I made rips of 8 CD audio books A. Christie with more to follow, could upload it for you if you are into that.