Korean M2 TM Fail !

Join Discord

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
These look like crystal files.
It's the Windowed option. You can choose either via the patcher.
The TM is showing -800,000,000 numbers and an old style book image for all items.
The dates are all wrong too.

My pc doesn't show the Korean fonts properly, just lots of ????

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
It's the Windowed option. You can choose either via the patcher.
The TM is showing -800,000,000 numbers and an old style book image for all items.
The dates are all wrong too.

What source code are you using? In regards to the book images you need to make sure the items are using the right libs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
So it’s as useful as a wet napkin

I love that it took 3 replies from Ardbeg for you to believe it's official

Of course it looks like crystal, crystal was designed around looking like official.

Reactions: Jev

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I love that it took 3 replies from Ardbeg for you to believe it's official

Of course it looks like crystal, crystal was designed around looking like official.

giphy.gif

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

You would need windows to use Korean character set encoding to see the fonts instead of that ASCII garbage.

800x600 👀

Actually, I recall now playing this 'Happy' server based in Korea and I had mir client display the chars correctly. I recall I was even able to copy other folks names to message them. The did speak some English but their name was in Korean chars which I couldn't reproduce on my keyboard. Don't remember what I did to make my PC read Korean correctly, maybe install a MS Korean lang pack?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jev

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Pion, I've installed Korean fonts etc., even set the main language of a pc as Korean etc. but it still didn't like it. It should work but I was obviously missing something in my settings.
It makes it hard to play but you can still get on with trial and error. It's a good reference if nothing else.

Jev, the post was just for info for those that might get some amusement from the mighty Wem*de falling over, not for someone to start getting moist over a new source. That said, maybe your wet napkin might come in handy after all ;)

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Jev, the post was just for info for those that might get some amusement from the mighty Wem*de falling over, not for someone to start getting moist over a new source. That said, maybe your wet napkin might come in handy after all ;)

“New” what is your definition of new ?

I’m trying to collect as much Mir2 clients, code etc to store and keep as a backup if anyone is looking for something.

giphy.gif